#NVIDIA gpu chart for settings | claims 980 -> uber with gameworks ON

+
I'm actually surprised they are asking for a GTX 980 for the uber settings... I mean, I just found this comparison video and the PC version looks EXACTLY the same same as the PS4 version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xygm7OOsIgQ
I really hope this video is not real... o_O

It is at it seems thus fat not true thats why the original owners took it down it shows a preview version of the PC with no day 1 patch that as if be trust CDPR fixes alot of stuff graphic wise....also there is 4K gameplay on ultra settings which fully blows the ps4 out of the water but the trolls will never mention that

It is at it seems thus fat not true thats why the original owners took it down it shows a preview version of the PC with no day 1 patch that as if be trust CDPR fixes alot of stuff graphic wise....also there is 4K gameplay on ultra settings which fully blows the ps4 out of the water but the trolls will never mention that
day 1 patch won't fix anything graphics wise. it'll just fix a few bugs and unlock the game. if you're expecting a big jump in visuals, you'll be disappointed.

Well, we have three days left, then we have to wait for a Digital Foundry article and video or a Candyland video.
I watch their videos for all my comparison needs.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CandylandGS

day 1 patch won't fix anything graphics wise. it'll just fix a few bugs and unlock the game. if you're expecting a big jump in visuals, you'll be disappointed.

At least, they should fix this.

Tony Hawk's The Wild Hunt

That looks pretty cool, so I would not mind if that stayed.

It gave me flash backs to some Tomb Raider 2013 QTEs where she's sliding down chutes, dodging obstacles - I half expected to see Geralt impaled on a tree branch at the end of it...

This is the game I decided to build my first desktop PC for. After gaming a couple of years with an Alienware m17x laptop with a 7970m (which is still pretty powerful, I ran DA:I at high / ultra 1080p with around 40-45fps), I decided that I would need to build a new rig in order to get the best experience with this game. Which is something that I had been thinking of doing anyways.

All in all, my choice of GPU for Witcher 3 couldn't have been better seeing as I'm using a GTX980. I couldn't be more pleased that I'll be able to max out this game using hairworks and have more than enough headroom to install graphics type mods. I'll probably go into the .ini file to enable everything that I can't enabled via HUD too.

Also, I don't get people saying a 980 is a waste of money. For a little bit more money, you can futureproof your PC a lot better than you can with a 970.
I call it an investment well spent.

I'm not an expert, I can't build my own computer, but this is what I've read and been told by people with more knowledge in this area than I.
To prepare for TW3, I recently bought 2 NVidia GTX970's for SLI. It was a better value and more performance than a single GTX980. I was trying for 4K gaming and decided it was probably premature to go crazy for it now, while the graphics cards can barely do stable 60+ FPS on Uber settings. After seeing that they expect dual 980's in SLI or better for 4K in Uber, I'm glad I didn't go crazy with more expensive cards. I think most gamers will be happy in WQHD/UHD in High or Uber settings. CDPR always has demanding games for graphics as we all know.

I'm not an expert, I can't build my own computer, but this is what I've read and been told by people with more knowledge in this area than I.
To prepare for TW3, I recently bought 2 NVidia GTX970's for SLI. It was a better value and more performance than a single GTX980. I was trying for 4K gaming and decided it was probably premature to go crazy for it now, while the graphics cards can barely do stable 60+ FPS on Uber settings. After seeing that they expect dual 980's in SLI or better for 4K in Uber, I'm glad I didn't go crazy with more expensive cards. I think most gamers will be happy in WQHD/UHD in High or Uber settings. CDPR always has demanding games for graphics as we all know.

4k is just OTT.. ive seen it with my own eyes friends with titans or SLI 980's its just overkill. It sure does look nice, but the cost vs 'value' ratio is way off if you ask me when it comes to the investment of reaching a stable 4k setup.

I mean a titan x is more expensive than some peoples gaming rigs, same with a sli 980!

1080p Uber at a 60+ Framerate is most important for most gamers.

4k is just OTT.. ive seen it with my own eyes friends with titans or SLI 980's its just overkill. It sure does look nice, but the cost vs 'value' ratio is way off if you ask me when it comes to the investment of reaching a stable 4k setup.

I mean a titan x is more expensive than some peoples gaming rigs, same with a sli 980!

1080p Uber at a 60+ Framerate is most important for most gamers.

And thats final! still nowadays most people play on 1080p :)

I guess my overclocked GTX 970 will be sufficient for all settings maxed out (except Hairworks) on 1080p.

And I do hope that there is even some space left to increase certain things in the ini files, like the draw distance or the AA settings. From what I've heard from the PCGH assessment the game doesn't need much more than 2GB of VRAM on 1080p with everything maxed out so I guess there will be some space.

Top Bottom