What color correction can do to those ugly screenshots

+
I can do few more, just give me the links

@sidspyker are those from same version of the game? I know how big time of day -impact is but it looks like there are other changes too

Last edited:
A bit pre-mature since we already know that time of day makes a huge difference:

Exactly lighting, time and weather makes it hard to get good comparison shots.

Last edited:
Incidentally, a couple of posts got deleted.

It's great to see a thread that's looking at ways of achieving a certain look that obviously appeals to many players. Unfortunately, one poster decided that it was a good opportunity to engage in a little flamebaiting, and, inevitably, someone responded to it. If it happens again, please report the post instead of responding - we really would prefer this thread to stay around and remain constructive.

---------- Updated at 01:27 AM ----------

@GZulu Sorry, english is not my native language.​
By saying 'it's worth a shot' you mean that i've asked a funny\silly question?

No, it means "it's worth trying" :)

This is one of the issues that stood out to me in the very latest footage. Whether it's native to the PS4 or not remains to be seen, but the color scheme in the game is bordering on garish, to the point the where sunsets and stormy skies are reminding me of a Bob Ross painting. Maybe they were always that way but I'm certain mods will eventually allow us to apply filters or adjust it in some way.

will it be hard to implement that effect in the game? this filter i mean .. and what impact it will have on the performance?

The main problem with doing this colour correction is, whilst it makes the game look better and more like the old lighting in these specific screenshots, it could just as easily make the game look worse at other times of the day or other areas.

@GZulu Sorry, english is not my native language.​
By saying 'it's worth a shot' you mean that i've asked a funny\silly question?
Maybe you are right, however, there were a few games that were looking much better on my TV just because i've changed colour scheme and contrast\brightness (evil within, killzone, some others)
So, that's because i'm asking such a question =)

"It's worth a shot" means it is worth trying

will it be hard to implement that effect in the game? this filter i mean .. and what impact it will have on the performance?

Should be none as it's not a graphical alteration. I played around with filters that altered or removed the greenish haze from Fallout 3 and the yellow atmosphere of DX:HR, and they improved the visuals dramatically for me. The images the OP linked are also much better imo.

I'm not really concerned about the change in colour palette because as you the OP said it can easily be altered with SweetFX.

I more concerned about the lighting, particles. reflections and the geometry in the PC version. But hearing about the increased draw distance was great news.

You did a nice job of demonstrating the importance of colour palette though and I enjoy the edits you did, kudos. :)

The main problem with doing this colour correction is, whilst it makes the game look better and more like the old lighting in these specific screenshots, it could just as easily make the game look worse at other times of the day or other areas.

The good thing though is that it's open for people to experiment. Hopefully, some will post their suggested settings so that others can see what works and what doesn't.

So this is only color correction right? There is no need for Reshade or SweetFx is this is true, just Download the MSI gaming app, it comes with a Custom colors Enabler, to adjust, just create the settings and voilia, no performance loss

PS: The edited Screns looks amazing, Kudos

Yes, as much as I'm looking forward to messing about a bit with the settings, this is probably going to be an issue, especially since CDPR have specifically gone for different palettes in different areas (which I think is a good thing btw, seeing the scope of the game world). It could mean you adjust for White Orchard or No Man's Land and everything is suited to your tastes and the you'd go to Skellige and everything will be off a bit.

Mind you, I read that you can make SweetFx have a hotkey to switch it on and off without having to alt-tab or exit - that'd be cool. I really should try and familiarise myself with it the next couple of days.

---------- Updated at 05:52 PM ----------

the yellow atmosphere of DX:HR.

Oh my god, the horror of that yellow haze. I think it may be back in the next one too. I would have found it a cool look if used sparingly....but even Blade Runner wasn't black, orange and yellow the whole way through and that's just a 2 hour movie. 35 hours of DX:HR's urine filter drove me nuts.

Last edited:
idk guys... its all about lighting and this nice blue contrasty sky... wtf did they change that? it makes game look washed out and plain two dimensional... it's a fundamental thing to have a nice lightning - that makes nice shadows. I'm not the best 3d artist in the wrold but... this is common knowlage. Everybody konws that. Why would you do that CDPR? Bring back old sky and nice rim/daylight/fill light idk... DO SOMETHING!

Looks really good. You basically brought the lighting back from the 35 minute video build. Still trying to figure out why someone at CDPR changed it for the worse. The overly aggressive orange lighting is just bad looking. Thank god for PC gaming. At least we can change it back to normal again. :)

SweetFX/ReShade + extensive ini tweaking and we should be able to basically replicate the 35 minute video. At least i hope so.

I still feel like the colour saturation is just way to high in the screens (unmodded ones) maybe CDPR has already fixed that as the screens are from an old preview build anyways

Top Bottom