Not sure if i should import wircher 2 save

+
Not sure if i should import wircher 2 save

I dont know, i think it would more fun doing the quest. what do you guys think?

I dont know, i think it would more fun doing the quest. what do you guys think?

I think the quest will still happen , just that you wont be able to choose the options .. so probably the conversation goes on automatically ... I will use my savegame ... just to get any bonus stuff beyond that ... if there is any^^

you dont need w2 saves .. you can chose to set up your story your self as far as i understand. if you dont chose to do so you will be sett with default options on the w2 choices

I wonder if importing the saves instead of using the dialogue will bring something different in the game.

I already have a save from W2 I plan to import... But in said save I killed Adda in W1, and I wish I hadn't killed her. :(

Yes you should import..CDPR said that people who import will have easter eggs, dialogue that references your decisions and even small side quests that will change based on how things played out in Witcher 2.

I highly recommend you do so.

Yes you should import..CDPR said that people who import will have easter eggs, dialogue that references your decisions and even small side quests that will change based on how things played out in Witcher 2.

I highly recommend you do so.

Source?

Hope this is true.

I think the quest will still happen , just that you wont be able to choose the options .. so probably the conversation goes on automatically ... I will use my savegame ... just to get any bonus stuff beyond that ... if there is any^^

I hope thats true, i just dont wanna miss anything, and yeah a bonus if you import the save would be nice.

Source?

Hope this is true.

I have played Witcher 2 over 10 times with import from Witcher 1..
(scent of incense..act 1 quest is a reference to salamandra from W1)..Thaler gives you message + a bomb diagram if you saved him....you get money from a dwarf from Vivaldi if you helped him in W1...Iorveth talks to you about his Ideals and mentions Yaevinn and asks you if you took his side. etc

It's quite obvious that CDPR will do this the same for Witcher 3. It's not going to be that significant, but cameos, flavor texts and mini side quests that relate to previous games will be there..I'm 100% sure of it.

Alas, I have no choice but to use the in game option. While cleaning up my Witcher 2 save files, I accidentally erased the only 2 complete saves. Epic fail moment in gaming :)

Alas, I have no choice but to use the in game option. While cleaning up my Witcher 2 save files, I accidentally erased the only 2 complete saves. Epic fail moment in gaming :)

Add me on Steam (Darkhollow with same avatar as this one) and I can help you with some saves if you want.

I've heard multiple times from members of CD projekt RED that items will not transfer over.... (so long, cool items from the end of witcher 2 *sigh*) ... but that key decisions ( killing/sparing Aryan LaValette, and so on, etc) will be transferred over, and also a certain tatoo that will not be available to console gamers. :)

I have played Witcher 2 over 10 times with import from Witcher 1..
(scent of incense..act 1 quest is a reference to salamandra from W1)..Thaler gives you message + a bomb diagram if you saved him....you get money from a dwarf from Vivaldi if you helped him in W1...Iorveth talks to you about his Ideals and mentions Yaevinn and asks you if you took his side. etc

It's quite obvious that CDPR will do this the same for Witcher 3. It's not going to be that significant, but cameos, flavor texts and mini side quests that relate to previous games will be there..I'm 100% sure of it.

Thing is, W3 in game past decisions seem to be missing a lot of things and the question is will importing saves include the missing decisions? Which is my hope but if this is the case then it's not fair for people who have played previous games on PC and can't import their saves to PS4 for example. So while I'm hoping importing save game will include more decisions, I'm also not sure if devs decided to make one way superior in carrying decisions, which sounds unlikely to me at the same time :/ :p

Shouldnt be a problem if you still have saves just right before that, it wouldn't take much time to acquire a complete save again :)

Top Bottom