You can say it as you like...

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can say it as you like...

...but the game looks amazing and the hype blood-cells are coursing through my veins and cannot wait to play this on ultra settings. People can still scream "downgrade hur dur" as much as they like, but you still need at least a GTX970 to be able to run this game on ultra settings, and that's not a GPU every man and his dog can afford. Not everyone is a spoiled little kid and some people actually have to work, pay the bills, etc. to get their hardware. Seems like not everyone understands this though.

I don't want to sound too much of a fanboy, but for example if you watch the cinematic WoW trailers, or any trailers/early gameplay videos from any game... did you honestly expect it to look exactly like that in-game? Of course not. Companies do it to hype people up like you and me so they can make $$$, that's the whole point and if you don't get it then I feel sorry for you.

Meanwhile look at these screenshots: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/News/Maximale-Grafik-1158918/galerie/2373232/

LOOK AT THEM FOR GODS SAKE. LOOK AT THEM. LOOK AT YENNEFER. LOOK AT IT. LOOOOOK AT IT

How anyone can say this game looks bad is beyond me. Sure, they optimized it, decreased some graphical settings, I don't give a fuck. I'm still going to play the game and visit every fucking brothel I can.

There, I had to vent.

"How anyone can say this game looks bad is beyond me"

90% of the complainers never said that the game looks bad... they arent blind either :) :D

You are right, 90% of the complainers aren't calling it (or rather specific details) "bad", but "ugly" or "horrible". :D

Jokes aside though (because, well, the whole downgrade-topic is a joke), the screenshots are absolutely beautiful. I can't believe it's only 2 days until we finally get to play it!

well yeah obviously some do say that (but even most those are just saying that because they are upset not because they really think its horrible) :D

Well everybody is entitled to his opinion and what you voiced is just that, your opinion. The game is not ugly but, as far as I'm concerned, the recent gameplay videos and screenshots aren't breathtaking either, especially in comparison the 2013 and 2014 "in game footage" (and yes there is a difference between CGI, cinematic trailer and branded in game footage). As for hardware prerequisites they aren't a visual quality insurance (cf. GTA IV & Watch Dogs) so I don't see the link. The fact that people start comparing the game with The Witcher 2 kinda says a lot.

Concerning the hardware price I don't understand, that's exactly what graphics options are for : if you can't afford a top notch gpu you tone down the graphics. However why should the game quality itself be toned down ? So you can play it at ultra ? I bought myself 2 gtx780 with 6gb vram about a year ago with my hard earned money so I know very well it's not cheap but that's my concern if I want to be able to play with the best graphics. Crysis, in its time, was almost impossible to run at ultra but was still the most beautiful game at high settings and frankly I don't see why it would be wrong to give your game a few years to show its best...maybe it would actually push the gpu manufacturers to stick their fingers out because the gtx970 you mention is basically a gtx780 which is basically a gtx690 in terms of performance.

Hello, it is I, your friendly Moderator. I love you of course. All of you. Even you, down in the front.

Do you know why we close threads? Well...one BIG reason is if they are going to make our little community here worse by their very existence. Same reason we ban people!

Threads like this are a trouble magnet. I would LOVE to have a thread to discuss visuals or even platform optimizations. Love to. But some people always show up and the insults and bad attitudes start flying.

That's why we close these threads. Also if they serve no real purpose. This one's purpose was to vent - rarely a good thing - and provide some more screenshots.

Purpose served.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom