In-depth SPOILER FREE review of TW3 by a gamer.

+
I have not played witcher. So i dont know which armour u r talking about. But rest assured, there are tons of armours to choose from.
Something like this:

Or even better:

I am asking because I don't like W3 armors we've seen so far...But it's OK, no big deal ;)

Just want to say thanks for this well written and informative review. Most of the reviews from professional gaming sites look lazy and uninformed in comparison.

Something like this:

Or even better:

I am asking because I don't like W3 armors we've seen so far...But it's OK, no big deal ;)
There are similar looking armours. But there are a lot of better ones too! :)

Just want to say thanks for this well written and informative review. Most of the reviews from professional gaming sites look lazy and uninformed in comparison.
Thank you brother! :)

---------- Updated at 04:23 PM ----------

i have an actual question about the underwater combat

overall, how did it feel? How was the handling? Did you enjoy it?

In most games, i hate swimming, and underwater fights. I still do it, because i want the loot, but i find it quite stressing, claustrophobic and often, the controls are worse.

also was there much underwater content? Is it worth exploring as the rest of the world is?

Under water content is good enough. But dont expect to find something or the other everytime you dive into water. You can find stuff in water around populated areas like cities and villages.
Fir the rest of ur questions... Go through my review.

---------- Updated at 04:24 PM ----------

In most games, i hate swimming, and underwater fights. I still do it, because i want the loot, but i find it quite stressing, claustrophobic and often, the controls are worse.

also was there much underwater content? Is it worth exploring as the rest of the world is?

Under water content is good enough. But dont expect to find something or the other everytime you dive into water. You can find stuff in water around populated areas like cities and villages.

---------- Updated at 04:24 PM ----------

Truly amazing work you have done here for the community. Certainly more in-depth and specific than a lot of the other half-assed reviews we have seen, a few focusing more on a personal agenda to get across than a truthful review!
I must admist I was so pissed when the middle east got the game so long before us, and even more so in the recent days when it feels like the whole world is getting it soon. As a digital pc-gamer with a pre-purchase it's like a torture. At least you gave back to the community to make up for the unfairness in the world (LOL).
Can't wait for the last part!

Truly amazing work you have done here for the community. Certainly more in-depth and specific than a lot of the other half-assed reviews we have seen, a few focusing more on a personal agenda to get across than a truthful review!
I must admist I was so pissed when the middle east got the game so long before us, and even more so in the recent days when it feels like the whole world is getting it soon. As a digital pc-gamer with a pre-purchase it's like a torture. At least you gave back to the community to make up for the unfairness in the world (LOL).
Can't wait for the last part!
Thanks a lot for your kind words brother! :)
The last part is up in another thread. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...for-Witcher-3-before-the-launch!-SPOILER-FREE!
Check it out!

Hey ArRam, can you tell us more how "rewarding" exploration feels?
One of the things I loved about Gothic II is that for every difficult encounter, there was a useful, often hand placed, unique sword or rune that really made a difference. Or is it more like in the Inquisition?

@those asking about under water content:

Note: Do not expand the spoiler tag if you prefer to find neat hidden places on your own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard them mention it a few times that your animations change as u get deeper into swordsmanship tree but in all the video's we have seen it does not seem that way.Can u confirm that those passive talents like footwork etc do change the way u swing your sword or dodge.

While I'd like to thank rbhauen for his intention to be helpful, please do not post spoilers in this thread, even if they're in tags. People tend to reply and not respect the tags, and everyone is really trying hard to keep the thread spoiler-free.

Thanks.

I take it there are no more mini games besides horse racing, fist fighting and gwent?
None that I know of.

Hey ArRam, can you tell us more how "rewarding" exploration feels?
One of the things I loved about Gothic II is that for every difficult encounter, there was a useful, often hand placed, unique sword or rune that really made a difference. Or is it more like in the Inquisition?
Exploration is rewarding for following reasons -
1. Random encounters like bandit camps, druid camps, enemies, loot gaurded by enemies etc.
2. Exploration often triggers a few quests automatically. It feels organic to stumble upon quests.
3. You will discover new places like ruins and caves.
4. Also yoi will notice a few amazing details. You will know what I mean when u play.
5. Exploration also helps you find amazing new vistas and sceneries which otherwise wont be visible.
There is always something new to din the world. I hope ai answered your question.

I heard them mention it a few times that your animations change as u get deeper into swordsmanship tree but in all the video's we have seen it does not seem that way.Can u confirm that those passive talents like footwork etc do change the way u swing your sword or dodge.
I really did not pay much attention to to new animations being unlocked. I keep seeing a few new ones now and then... But I am.not sure if it happens cz of levelling up.

I hate to ask this, but I have to get it out of the system...Is there any grounds for stupidity behind Polygon's "review"?
Apparently reviewer( Yes a man, or at least some sort of one) was even offended by the type of bra that Ciri is wearing.

Last edited:
I hate to ask this, but I have to get it out of the system...Is there any grounds for stupidity behind Polygon's "review"?
Apparently reviewer( Yes a man, or at least some sort of one) was even offended by the type of bra that Ciri is wearing.
I wont comment on someone elses review. But what I can say is that there are a lot of powerful female characters in the game. They are not sex dolls. Also the intention behind the way Ciri was designed was not to make gamers get a boner. Ciri is an amazing character. She is someone on the run... Her attire shows it.
If someone cant get their eyes off her bra, its not the fault of the developers.

---------- Updated at 03:20 PM ----------

Also on a lighter note (with respect to polygon's review) , you cant expect Geralt to ask Ciri to button her torso and hide her cleavage. The game is much more mature than that!

Last edited:
--- deleted post ---
If graphics is the only thing you are expecting from the game, then Witcher 3 is not for you brother.
The game is the nest looking game in the market today. This comes from a player playing it for almost a week now. Anyway, you are in the wrong thread. May you find peace somewhere else.

---------- Updated at 05:10 PM ----------

can we go back to the prologue area after completing the prologue missions?
yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
With tw3, as I am with all games, I am concerned that main story will be sacrificed for opem-world.

I hate open world games. I hated TES, and I did not really like DAI all that much (da:eek: being one of my all time faves)

I do not want to spend 60 hours killing goats or delivering letters. I do not even want to spend it doing GOOD side quests. I want to spend my time driving an intricate and intriguing plot and seeing how it unfolds. I want to pogress through story, not spend hours exploring or collecting 10 hides (i can go hiking/hunting in real life)

I just really like stories, decisions, characters, etc. can you comment o n the quality of the main story? One reviewer who reviewed DAI saying the side quests were generic and the world felt unconnected (a reviewer who i agreed with) also reviewed tw3 and said the side quests were good but the main story was lackluster and fetch quest filled.

Can you comment on this about the main story?

With tw3, as I am with all games, I am concerned that main story will be sacrificed for opem-world.

I hate open world games. I hated TES, and I did not really like DAI all that much (da:eek: being one of my all time faves)

I do not want to spend 60 hours killing goats or delivering letters. I do not even want to spend it doing GOOD side quests. I want to spend my time driving an intricate and intriguing plot and seeing how it unfolds. I want to pogress through story, not spend hours exploring or collecting 10 hides (i can go hiking/hunting in real life)

I just really like stories, decisions, characters, etc. can you comment o n the quality of the main story? One reviewer who reviewed DAI saying the side quests were generic and the world felt unconnected (a reviewer who i agreed with) also reviewed tw3 and said the side quests were good but the main story was lackluster and fetch quest filled.

Can you comment on this about the main story?

Have you SEEN the PS4 reviews? Everyone (except a few that are clueless about the workings of the Witcher universe) have given it praises for the story.

From all the 30+ reviews over 9+ score that we have seen is that CDPR managed to keep the solid foundation of the story while delivering a fantastic open world where every side quest has a side story within it and you don't get to do measly fetch quests (bring 10 bear asses like majority of side quests in DAI).

You have nothing to worry about..I can guarantee you (I have seen now over 10 hours of gameplay)..that Witcher 3 will deliver in spades in all spects..both story + feels + atmosphere and everything else it offers. The only thing that I think might bother you (because it's different) it's the combat..but they've improved it GREATLY compared to W2 (which really stopped many people from finishing it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4-H3VTmhLQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4-H3VTmhLQ

Listten to those two reviews (I don't want you to get spoiled on the visual things that happen in them) so get an idea about the story).

And with that, back to topic. As ArRam has been coming back to answer further questions, it's best if people do NOT fill the thread with other discussions. Take them elsewhere, please.

Thanks.

Top Bottom