A little concern about PS4 perfomance (polite discussion only)

+
A little concern about PS4 perfomance (polite discussion only)

Guys, greetings from Russia!
First of all, I wanna say that this thread was created for normal polite discussion, don't insult anyone or anything (CDPR, consoles, other players) please.
Mods - if the flamewar and offencive talking starts - feel free to close this shitty thread.
I've always been an 'I don't care about graphics' kind of gamer, the most beautiful games for me are ones that have an awesome design and create awesome mood (example - Witcher 1). However the most important thing for me is stable perfomance, beacause FPS drops can really brake my immersion.
I've read in some reviews that PS4 has some FPS problems, but CDPR told that day one patch will fix it.
While predownloading the game for PS4 I've also downloaded an 500mb update file.
Then I saw a video on YouTube author of which states, that he already plays with that day one patch (guess it is that 500 mb file). There are some unsatisfactory FPS drops. Here it is:
https://youtu.be/yg6veqfFtrs
So, my questions are:
1) is that 500 mb file a real day one patch? Or will we get something else when game releases (19th may)?
2) If it is, will CDPR try to fix it with further patches? How long will it take? (just your guesswork)
If some of CDPR officials will answer it will be really awesome, but if not - I just want to hear what you guys know, heard or just think.
Hope I didn't make too many mistakes and my english is quite understandable.

Yeah, seems like the day 1 patch didn´t really solve those fps problems. Guess console players have to live with those performance problems.

Guess console players have to live with those performance problems.

I don't think you're trying to help here, are you?

@vitobrato - the fact that PS4 users have got the game early is probably screwing a lot up at the moment, including the availability of devs to handle support questions, and there may possibly have been a rushed-out early patch (I don't know, but maybe. It still isn't "Day 1" as you mention.). I don't think that anyone here is likely to have an answer to you right now, except that CDPR do patch their games.

I'm leaving the thread open in case someone does have some info, but yes, we'll also lock it if it becomes a flamefest. Hopefully, it won't.

Posted this yesterday in another thread as well, the PS4 version looks absolutely gorgeous, screenshots and streams don't do it justice. . however the performance is sub par, and in my opinion not acceptable for a game that is about to be released.

1. Performance wise the majority of your game time will be spent on a framerate in the high 20's whereas in combat it feels like it 'can' drop to the low 20's.
  2. As a byproduct of low/fluctuating framerate the game often feels unresponsive and clunky.
  3. Some places are notorious for poor performance, and make combat even more of a pain (cities and bogs in particular)

Despite being a PC gamer as well i don't care too much about graphics, its more about the story and gameplay for me. Performance however is important to me, id be happy with a solid 30, but even with the patch that is out now it simply does not reach those levels. (the patch did improve combat in wooded areas and horseback traveling)

After seeing this with my own eyes (my neigbour got the game at Intertoys in Rotterdam on friday) i decided to cancel my PS4 digital pre-order, instead just getting it for PC instead of both.

Last edited:
Top Bottom