Those wondering about the PC version of Witcher 3, this might interest you.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So with all this going on over the last week or more, how come CDPR has not made their own high-quality comparison video to show accurate differences between platforms? I know this is probably not something any game developer wants to do but I also think that under the circumstances, it is necessary since it would put this entire discussion to bed. Why are the developers to passive in dealing with this?
It is surely not unreasonable for PC gamers to expect the very best quality. Something that is in parity with consoles (no offence to console gamers) simply isn't good enough.
We pay a lot of money building our PCs....much more than the price of a console. And we are not ignorant of the technology involved.
CDPR apparent inability to show us accurate PC footage is worrying. It makes me think that indeed, they have something to hide. Why else would they display this type of behaviour?

Here the Video of the Graphics comparison from GameStar in 1080p.
The Player on their Website only goes 720p but on their Youtube Chanel they can go higher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIS5WHx4xDk

ok this is soul crushing. please for the love of good improve the lighting /shaders whatever it is. there is months of DLC coming, then there is two expansions coming and there most probably will be GOTY eddition or something. Work on the game is not over..

This comparision looks horrible and it's already been downgraded on the older screenshots. I personaly think build from 35 min gameplay demo never existed. They've never actually played it live, only shown pre-recorded material. The sharpening filter they are talking about now, was probably added in post-processing, to make the game looks nicer. This is hilarious, CDPR :)

I do not know, why my topic was deleted. I was civil and not offending. I will leave it here:

Dear CDPR,

I am a long time fan of your Witcher franchise, I always supported and bought your games. Not only because they are really good, but for your attitude to fans. I remember when a friend of mine saw me playing Witcher 2 on max settings, he went straight to PC shop to buy a new video card and your game.

When I saw gameplay footage of Witcher 3 in 2013, I was so excited. I even bought a new graphic card (like I did for your past games as well
). After seeing recent comparisons, I feel betrayed. I always though you are one of the best companies, because you were talking straight with your fans. How can you tell us, Witcher 3 PC was not downgraded?

http://whatifgaming.com/developer-i...-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

http://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot...15-build-comparison-shows-downgraded-visuals/

I am still taking it with a grain of salt, I still do not want to believe you would betray us, PC gamers, long time fans who made you what you are now, like this. I want the game presented in 2013.

I am not flaming, I am just.....sad....
Sincerely,
Nadrak

Thinks I don't like (nor downgrade necessarily, but artistic vision changes?):
- puke, flat skybox
- yellow colors trying to fake the previous lightning system
- turquoise water in rivers in scenery that looks similar to central Europe (eg. poland) territory is so unrealistic and looks fake (especially if you contrast it with this unnatural yellow sand)
- lower details on terrain textures
- swamps don't longer look like swamps. What happened to this grey fog in recent builds?
You may disagree, but this makes the game look much worse than any graphical effects

Practically no difference between low and ultra settings.
View attachment 14285

CDPR make a terrible mistake by not admiting that PC version was ripped apart. It will take years to fix the company image after this.

Attachments

• 1b8WVis.jpg
    1b8WVis.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
[h=1]The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – PC Low vs. Ultra plus Details Graphics Comparison [60fps][FullHD|1080p][/h]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2mJaYQhaYc

[h=1]The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – PC Ultra vs. PS4 plus Details Graphics Comparison [60fps][FullHD|1080p][/h]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fUGFmmikn4

... :( *Sigh*

Well i was debating wheteher to upgrade from a GTX670 to a GTX970..........these have made my mind up not to upgrade.

The differences are so small.

Except that isn't a 1:1 comparison, the closest we have to that is the video I referred too.

Why is that so important? I don't get that pixel hunt for failures. What's the goal? What to gain by participating?

The game looks great overall as can easily be proved by these screens. Just be happy. It will really improve your life quality if you have a more positive attitude towards such great things as well done video games. :)

Why is that so important? I don't get that pixel hunt for failures. What's the goal? What to gain by participating?

The game looks great overall as can easily be proved by these screens. Just be happy. It will really improve your life quality if you have a more positive attitude towards such great things as well done video games. :)

For me, and shame on me I understand that - I upgraded my PC NOT JUST for this, but partly because of this. I also own a PS4. Could of saved A LOT of money and just bought the PS4 version.

Let's pray the game MODs bring something to this that made it worth it :D

Once again, shame on me for not waiting and seeing. (The Upgrade was worth it for GTA V) I was just hoping for more. 2 years worth of excitement - turning into disappointment is a tough pill to swallow. That's all. The story will probably be amazing tho!

Well i was debating wheteher to upgrade from a GTX670 to a GTX970..........these have made my mind up not to upgrade.

The differences are so small.

That is the gist of it. The official requirements are really just a marketing ploy to get people to buy the 900 series.
As long as we have consoles there will never be a need for the latest-gen class of GPUs (for 95% of the people anyway).

I wonder how nVidia feel about The Witcher 3 pushing people away from upgrading because of the small difference between low and ultra haha.

The game was dongraded it is a fact. They can't deny us. They just can't - I'mean they can but is utter lie.

The things that were downgraded are:

- lightning
- water
- foliage diversity... it looks like we have 3-4 types of grass mostly - hilarious
- puke washed out sky
- sometimes downgraded scenes geometry to render them without dipping in the low 10fps...
- fire / smoke / particles...

the game looks almost identical on high / ultra... it looks like ultra is another lie just to please artificially PC players... but we are not dumb. We can see the difference. They treat us like idiots. This PR crap... cmon. Why they didn't show real pc footage? Thats why. It is the same.

I will buy this game for sure. I hate the way they handled this things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom