The Witcher 3 Modding

+
I wonder if modders will be able to change the saturation of colours and the like without having to switch out textures or whatever. Ive never been too much into modding, but I liked the previous versions they showed us, where the world was a bit darker, alot more. So heres hoping thats gonna be possible.

I wonder if modders will be able to change the saturation of colours and the like without having to switch out textures or whatever. Ive never been too much into modding, but I liked the previous versions they showed us, where the world was a bit darker, alot more. So heres hoping thats gonna be possible.
That's usually the territory of ENB, SweetFX etc. I'd be surprised if we didn't have such graphic modifications pop up, I wouldn't be worried.

Like @HellKnightX88 said it's easily possible with post processing injectors, we'll start to see a whole ton of SweetFX presets for this game as soon as the game will release :)

@devs:
You don't mind if I ask some more in-depth questions about the upcoming Redkit? :)

1.: Will we have access to the models and the skeletons? Like, export/import to an fbx file? Because that'd be really awesome.
2.: Which scripting language does the game use for triggers etc? Will there be some kind of "home-brew" scripting language like Skyrim's Papyrus (I think that was its name, wasn't it?) or will it be something like C++? Or something completely different?

Thanks in advance!

meshes and tessellation please.
I wonder if CDPR will release some of their prototype materials for modders

Please let there be mods. Maybe we can get the Version that was promised than.
Skyrim Modders did some realy awesome Jobs. Should be possible here too.

The two reasons i purchased the PC version of The Witcher Wild Hunt was for the graphical superiority and MODDING.

With mods, we can make this game like it was ORIGINALLY meant to look like in 2013. Though, we will still have our work cut out for us as that seems like a really daunting task. Even if it takes a solid year of work, i can certainly see the PC version ending up like the 2013 trailer with enough mods to sink a ship.

You buy it on PS4 or XB1, you are stuck with how it looks forever. Mods exponentially increase a game's life span and reach. The more mods you pump into Skyrim, the better it looks. When last i played Skyrim, there was not a single aspect of the entire game that was not touched by mods.

We never switched the textures. On pc, you now have the option to activate "Ultra" quality textures with the full resolution. However, the difference that many people see with new and old footage was a strong sharpening filter in 2013 that looks awesome on screenshots and in short videos, but strains the eyes after a short while if there is a lot of movement (leaves and grass swaying in the wind as an example). That's why it was decided to tone that effect down.
However, people who really want to have it can of course use the Redkit to change the environment settings. It's just a matter of taste. :)

would people be able to make mods like more npc's and things? there are definitely less people and stuff in the area when you look at this comparison:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5069040&postcount=2003

along with some of the colours etc. is that stuff that people can mod?

Way more people will already be there in the first patch. But yes, if you want you can mod that, quite easily even. I don't know if you can tweak the environment 100% like that, but I think so. However, remember that we had a reason to change it (and these effects have nothing to do with performance). Sharpening only looks good on screenshots and short videos. If you stare at the game like that for a long time, the eyes really start to hurt.

Way more people will already be there in the first patch. But yes, if you want you can mod that, quite easily even. I don't know if you can tweak the environment 100% like that, but I think so. However, remember that we had a reason to change it (and these effects have nothing to do with performance). Sharpening only looks good on screenshots and short videos. If you stare at the game like that for a long time, the eyes really start to hurt.

I foresee a lot of people changing the sharpness to the 2013 trailer only to change it back but still claim there was a downgrade and CDPR changed things to screw over gamers. You guys can't win against unreasonable expectation syndrome, its like piracy you can spend countless hours playing wak-a-mole but they still pop up.

All i can see is the best looking rpg ever made.

@Benzenzimmern : am curious about how the weather system work, is it hard coded or is it possible to edit it with redkit/xml/ini editing ? for exemple to have rain more often

My main modding hope, is that someone can make us fast travel to the sign posts from where ever we are. I think it will get annoying to ride to a sign post to then use it to fast travel.

I foresee a lot of people changing the sharpness to the 2013 trailer only to change it back but still claim there was a downgrade and CDPR changed things to screw over gamers. You guys can't win against unreasonable expectation syndrome, its like piracy you can spend countless hours playing wak-a-mole but they still pop up.

All i can see is the best looking rpg ever made.

I preordered it, i have the right , like all others to speak the mind. If you realy cant the see the unbelievable huge difference after the downgrade, well, thats quiet good for you. I for myself can see it and it hurt my eyes. But i wish you all fun possible with the Witcher 3.

I don't plan on playing more than 2hours in a row due to some heavy schedule, so would it "hurt" to play with the sharpened render ? :)

thanks heaps for the reply! i'm not even sure what sharpening is, I wasn't referring to that but mainly the number of npc's and changing colour saturation or something, instagram filter looking type thing lol. :) looking forward to actually seeing it in the flesh so to speak in front of me though :)

can we increase these values to change something? or are these max values locked?thx and sorry for my bad eng
<Option id="3" displayName="uber">
<Entry overrideGroup="LevelOfDetail" varId="DecalsHideDistance" value="80"/>
<Entry overrideGroup="Foliage" varId="MaxVisibilityDepth" value="24"/>
<Entry varId="GrassDensity" value="2400.0"/>

Last edited:
Top Bottom