The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
So assuming the German site was true and it is very well optimized, does this mean I can handle Witcher 3 @ 1080p 50+FPS?

GTX 760
i5 3570k @ 4.2Ghz
16GB DDR3

I wonder how good my pc will handle it all maxed out @ 1080p, my specs:

EVGA GTX 780 3GB SC w/ ACX cooler
Intel i7 5820k 3.80 ghz
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2666mhz 16GB RAM

What kind of FPS do you guys think I'd get on High/Tweaked Ultra? And would I be able to enable Hairworks with good FPS (preferably 60+)?

CPU: i5 3570k 3.4 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970
RAM: 16GB

Bummer. 4xxx cards can't do DirectX 11, which is a hard requirement. (Nor can my old beast of a GTX 285.)

---------- Updated at 09:43 AM ----------

Weird thing is that I played Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor on this PC which requires DirectX 11 as well. And it ran pretty smoothly, don't remember details though. Not very high I belive. :D

Weird thing is that I played Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor on this PC which requires DirectX 11 as well. And it ran pretty smoothly, don't remember details though. Not very high I belive. :D

Well, you've been warned that the game won't play. If you decide to go ahead anyway, you're welcome to try. Please come back and let us know how you get on - it'll be useful to anyone else.

The utility "dxcpl" (it comes in the DirectX SDK) has been used to allow some DirectX 11-only games to run with DirectX 10 at low settings. It uses a software rasterizer called WARP to emulate DirectX 11.1. This is how Watch Dogs and Shadow of Mordor can be run with DirectX 10. It's worth a try.

Last edited:
Hello. I want to play the game in 1440p on a BenQ GW2765HT.

Do you think playing on Ultra Settings could be enjoyable? Or should I play on FullHD if Ultra does not make that much difference in terms of graphic texture quality, especially vegetation etc? Using FullHD on a 1440p monitor should not be a problem? Thanks for any opinions!

My Rig: Zotac GTX 970, Intel Xeon e3 1231 (4 x 3,4 Gh), 16 GB Corsair 1600Mhz, 128 GB SSD.

@Xcyper33 High, Twekeable to Ultra maybe 30-40fps or High-Medium 60fps

@SpotEnemyBoats, dont know about 780 performance here, looks like is almost the same, but we don´t know how it beneficts the 900 series, so I think Ultra above 40, Try hairworks, but, you know.. useless

@Riverstyx Ultra 60 Avg, dont think hairworks is gonna be a good idea, maybe you get on the 30 spot, wihle without it you will be on 60, It would not be an option for me

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->
@<a href="http://forums.cdprojektred.com/member.php?u=3756581" target="_blank">Kornerkid83</a>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> I think 30 fps at 1440p or maybe more, will be playable

TO all the people with less than a 980, Hairworks maybe will be an not a good idea, while you can play on Ultra 50-60, the hairworks thing is very demanding, so, do you want to be playing at 30 instead of 60 with better hair?

---------- Updated at 10:47 AM ----------

I have bad news, the Gameplay from the i3 3220 and the Gtx 660 was FALSE, it was from this video

Last edited:
I wonder if I can run the game with a 560 Ti. Since it seems there's no huge difference between low and ultra, I might postpone upgrading my PC until the expansions if I can get a stable 30 fps on low. I won't get my hopes up, though.

Would the game run reasonably in my PC?

I bought a new PC last year (a HP Pavilion 500). Unfortunately it is not the best one, definitely not a high-end "gaming PC". It has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 graphic card and a Intel Core i5-4440 processor at 3.1 GHz and 12 GB RAM. Since my computer "monitor" (actually a TV screen) is not the best one either I would play the game at 1360x768 (low HD) resolution.

Now I see two options:
1) Buy the game now and hope that the game is playable and enjoyable on this machine.
2) Wait another year (or one and a half) until I can afford a PS4 and then buy it together with the game. However my monitor would be the same (1360x768).

Since there is no individual benchmark test, I don't know what to do. Has anyone an idea in what settings the game could run (it should run at least at 30 fps)? It's no problem if the settings are more or less mixed.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for Ultra/Uber at 1080p/60fps with everything enabled except Hairworks.

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz
Corsair 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI)

I'm hoping for Ultra/Uber at 1080p/60fps with everything enabled except Hairworks.

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz
Corsair 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI)

You should be fine. It's a nice setup.

---------- Updated at 01:37 PM ----------

I bought a new PC last year (a HP Pavilion 500). Unfortunately it is not the best one, definitely not a high-end "gaming PC". It has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 graphic card and a Intel Core i5-4440 processor at 3.1 GHz and 12 GB RAM. Since my computer "monitor" (actually a TV screen) is not the best one either I would play the game at 1360x768 (low HD) resolution.

Now I see two options:
1) Buy the game now and hope that the game is playable and enjoyable on this machine.
2) Wait another year (or one and a half) until I can afford a PS4 and then buy it together with the game. However my monitor would be the same (1360x768).

Since there is no individual benchmark test, I don't know what to do. Has anyone an idea in what settings the game could run (it should run at least at 30 fps)? It's no problem if the settings are more or less mixed.

The CPU's fine. The GPU is your limiting factor (645 is a cut-down 660), but at 1366x768, you should still get some performance. You'll have to experiment to find the most satisfactory trade-off between eye candy and frame rate.

Will my PC run TW3?

Specs:
AMD R9 280x OC 3GB Edition
AMD Phenom II 1090T X6 3.2GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7

Would my PC run the game at mostly high settings?? Or even some settings set to Ultra??

Specs:
AMD R9 280x OC 3GB Edition
AMD Phenom II 1090T X6 3.2GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7

Would my PC run the game at mostly high settings?? Or even some settings set to Ultra??
well, pcgameshardware.de claimed the game is playable on ultra (without hairworks) with an r9 280X and since the game apparently isn't very CPU intensive, I think you'll be fine.

So was wondering what sort of experience ill get on a 760 will i be able to push high medium at a fairly solid 60 bare in mind i run a bit of an oc and an oc on my processor 3.8 intel i5 4690k. tbh 40+ would be very playable to me.

My spec
geforce gtx 760
intel i5 4690k
8gb vengeance ram
monitor 1080p
windows 7

Last edited:
How well can I run the game?

Currently, I'm saving up for GTX 980, or maybe a 970, but in the meantime, I'll be using my GTX 760. The "recommended" GFX for the Witcher 3 is a 770, how well do you guys think I can run it. I don't have to worry about the rest of the specs, it's just the graphics card that didn't pass the test on system requirements lab

Top Bottom