The Witcher 3 PC Ultra vs. Ps4 - no difference, downgraded

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about tessellation?

thats not tessellation, it's just worse lighting or shaders making everything look worse.its the same rock same textrure

Looks like interior lighting took a hit also.

This is pretty brutal. I wonder why the lighting was changed so drastically. Also for anyone wondering, the 'original' text had "watered-down wine", but I find this version much more funny. :rofl:

Can we all be happy now? It was confirmed by CDPR that PC gets exclusive features like "60 fps" and "resolution". What more could we ask for?

Can't wait for these features. Everyone I know who bought a 980 for this game is so psyched for them.

Hm. I don't get why people still defend this. Its pretty clear. It was clear months ago. Yet like people claiming there is no global warming, they say that there is no proof. That they'll wait for the full release themselves. When the game does hit and everyone sees that the so called 'downgraders' were right, next will come... Well the game still looks good. Noone is saying that the game doesn't look good. Its just sad that a console that is comparable to the minimum req for pc can produce graphics on par with at least high on a pc.

@warlord13179 That's simply not true. Look at the Kaer Morhen balcony screenshot from PCGH. You can clearly see tesellation on Kaer Morhen walls and stones in the balcony.

Of course tesellation is less in PS4 version though. And no quality ambient occlusion.

Hm. I don't get why people still defend this. Its pretty clear. It was clear months ago. Yet like people claiming there is no global warming, they say that there is no proof. That they'll wait for the full release themselves. When the game does hit and everyone sees that the so called 'downgraders' were right, next will come... Well the game still looks good. Noone is saying that the game doesn't look good. Its just sad that a console that is comparable to the minimum req for pc can produce graphics on par with at least high on a pc.

How else will they justify the $500+ they spent on a shiny GTX 980 or TITAN X?

How else will they justify the $500+ they spent on a shiny GTX 980 or TITAN X?

Or you know, some people are simply content with how it looks and know that their GTX 980 or Titan X can be used in the future with more pc games.

But wait! Such logic is too reasonable! We can't have that!

I do not want to be treated like an idiot.
and I want to be treated with respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats not tessellation, it's just worse lighting or shaders making everything look worse.its the same rock same textrure
You need to understand what is tessellation.

Also there are a huge difference in lighting method.

Another moment that I can't understand is texture color correction.

---------- Updated at 03:13 PM ----------

Nope. Tessellation is still there.

Where? Show me please.

I'll have to chime in here:
I'm really sorry for what the moderators and CDPR have to go through right now.
There's thousand of people having absolutely no clue about game development spouting the same catchphrases they've heard someone else say use over the internet.

No MSAA - that sucks, etc, etc.
Yeah, well MSAA in a deferred rendering pipeline is a little more complicated than it used to be in a forward rendering pipeline 10 years ago.
Just look at most other games nowadays, there's a reason classical MSAA is getting pretty rare.

The grass sucks/looks flat.
Great job judging this by Youtube videos, after the removal of the sharpening filter. Jesus Christ, sharpening filters basically work by edge enhancing via increasing the contrast around edges. It's no wonder that grass is going to look differently, when you have every single blade of grass sharpened to death and beyond.
This is the stuff people have been complaining about when The Witcher 2 hit the shelves and suddenly everyone wants it back.
Why you ask? Because people have no clue how stuff works, why it works and what it does. They just keep repeating after each other.

Same thing with the color palette. People complained about it in Witcher 2, now that they've removed it, everyone wants it back?
No, the textures most likely haven't changed, no one put a color filter on top of the game, that's just the way the textures have been created and how they look without the desaturation and color shift that we've seen in older builds.
Again, this is the stuff everyone complained about 'buhuhu, Witcher 2's colors look weird, it's too colorful/too bleak'.
You can fix this stuff with Reshade, or the older DX11 sweetfx libraries in a matter of seconds, but this is what CDPR gets for listening to people.

What else is missing. The whole SSAO/HBAO thing and how HBAO looks different in other games, so it isn't even working in W3.
Yeah well what did you think, that HBAO is a blackbox you plug in to your engine and just use it as is? Obviously you can tone down or increase the strength in which ambient occlusion is applied to suite the vision of the game you're going for. I'd rather have less visible AO without the massive amount of haloing you have in other games, like FC3 for example. This again is merely a matter of taste, but not of technical limitations.

Neeeeext up: This scene looked differently, the lighting sucks, just look no shadows!
Obviously W3 has no GI and it was never promised. There's only so much you can do to have credible lighting in non lit scenes. So if you compare screenshots during dusk/dawn with heavy red/yellow direct lighting to the same scenes in the shadow during different times of day, then sure as hell it isn't going to look the same.
That's no downgrade, that's reality. GI is massively expensive, even with only a few bounces and is prone to light leaking with it's current implementations.. we're going to get it sometime, but that's honestly not something you can blame CDPR for, games have been dealing with this for years.
But having the audacity to flood the internet with ridiculous comparison shots taken during different TODs and tearing CDPR's statements and explanations to shreds is painfully stupid. They are right about what they're saying. Just listen to them. They aren't Ubisoft and they've obviously done everything they can to satisfy their (previous) customers by actually removing stuff people have complained about with The Witcher 2.

Did I miss something? Probably.
I just want to reiterate - give the moderators and CDPR a break and stop following the downgrade pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom