The Witcher 3 PC Ultra vs. Ps4 - no difference, downgraded

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about other people but speaking for myself I don't mind waiting at all if I know I get a PC game that scales well for different configurations and really takes advantage of the power of high-end PCs. GTAV is how PC ports should be made.

rockstar does not make ports.. there are no more ports because it si all x86 architecture

I love seeing pre-release footage, but inevitably, things ALWAYS change with just about every game. To people comparing this to Watch Dogs, I think that's a stretch. Watch Dogs was a mess when it came out with respect to performance. Graphics seemed fine. I tried some of the mods to restore the game to it's original form, and to be honest, I didn't notice a major difference, other than terrible performance. I'd personally prefer that developers wait until they have the specifics nailed down and wait to show off game play and screenshots. I personally haven't seen any of the screenshots showing the original stuff vs what is coming out. I did watch a PS4 vs PC comparison on Ultra video and I found it very difficult to tell the difference in some places. Quality seemed about the same (perhaps a little crisper with more detail) and there was more foliage). I am just looking forward to the game. Knowing CDPR, there will be an Enhanced Version at some point. They will probably upgrade the textures and make other fixes to optimization etc. Would the haters rather wait for that or have another delay? Undoubtedly, you all would lose your minds if there was another delay. Even more so than you all are now. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
I would love a remake of the first part of the 35 minutes gameplay trailer, with the version of the game after day 1-patch. Just show us what the outside of Novigrad looks like in the current engine.
got a new computer specifically for The Witcher 3, I never expected the game to look like the concept trailers from 2013, but I was kind of hoping it would get close to the 35 minutes gameplay trailer in the PC version.
Anyway, I hope that the after the release the people at CDPR can get some rest, maybe a few days off. This last month must have been crazy for a (relatively) small company releasing one of the biggest and most ambitious games ever.

OK. I understnd your feels. And i am so sorry. But actually Jose explained everything. We do not need compare final game with SOD and early trailers. Visual artist Jose already confirmed that the game will not be as good as that trailers. Yes it was late. Toooooo late. Just few days ago. But now we know that there is no hidden uber super graphics setting anywhere. So i droped it. There was very bad PR. Which i did not expect from CDProject. Just deal with it. There is nothing we can do and DEVs can do after that.

So i do not see any reason for downgrade threat. Really. THX Jose for his honest. Here is article.

He did not said there is downgrade too. But he explained the situation what we call downgrade.

Nope. But we can compare it with the 35 minutes gameplay.
and sadly, it looks way worse. Geometries, foliage quality, colour scheme, LOD streaming, draw distance, water shaders, lighting.

i can deal with downgrade ok, but why in love of god they removed the filmic tonemapping for example ? and went full with over saturated colors literally everywhere, it completely ruin the dark ambience of the game

at least leave the filters and let us choose , also whats the deal with that blue fog of war everywhere ? it dosnt seem to react to the sun colors ...

full day sunlight = blue
dawn = blue
dusk = blue

i would have it completly removed ( as an option ) and see crappy textures from far rather this blue fog everywhere , and its so damn close

The frame rate and performance for PC depents what kind hardware you have. Im asking about consoles that issues should be fixed for smooth gameplay.

since when "resolution" and "better fps" are "features" in pc gamimg

those things are mandatory no features
I think you missed the point. They are not features in pc gaming, but they are features of pc gaming.
Higher resolution and better fps is one of the first arguments in the PC vs Console """War""".

I don't know about other people but speaking for myself I don't mind waiting at all if I know I get a PC game that scales well for different configurations and really takes advantage of the power of high-end PCs. GTAV is how PC ports should be made.

It is laughable if you think TW3 PC version coming out a year later after the console versions would have had been okay with the PC fanbase. People would have been livid (myself included)......just like they were with GTAV's delayed release.

I love gaming on my PC and I loathe (most) PC gamers.

I think you missed the point. They are not features in pc gaming, but they are features of pc gaming.
Higher resolution and better fps is one of the first arguments in the PC vs Console """War""".

Except that higer resolution above 1080p is not the standard yet.

Looks like interior lighting took a hit also.

One of the biggest hits i find...

also those smoke and fire effects seem to be missing :(

https://youtu.be/3SpPqXdzl7g?t=39s

Last edited:
Its funny people complain about downgrade, but when it was like 2014 trailer people complain it runs like shit, because its to heavy in graphics lol.

I honestly really dont care anymore if its slighty downgraded or not, i have seen enough proof on the internet that it looks pretty dam oke now for my tast.

Its funny people complain about downgrade, but when it was like 2014 trailer people complain it runs like shit, because its to heavy in graphics lol.

I honestly really dont care anymore if its slighty downgraded or not, i have seen enough proof on the internet that it looks pretty dam oke now for my tast.

Once again, pc games have sliders, settings, tweak it to fit your own machine

Dec 2014 Build

PS4

PC at Ultra (Twitch Stream)

Its hard to not notice bit downgrade...its really close to ps4 version.

There are a few things here no one has looked at. firstly look at the wooden post to the left between lambert and eskel. it is being lit from the opposite direction in 2014 compared to all the later shots. that's important because the 2014 shot is a more accurate rendering of light. the wooden post, is not being lit directly by the light from the sun, but from the light reflecting off other parts of the scene, the brightest spot being the stone wall directly opposite it. the same lighting detail is there in the rest of the scene, on both lambert and eskel's face for instance, or on ciri's dress. if you look over to the corner of the scene beyond vesemir, you can see this again. on the edge of the shelter over vesemir's shoulder, the roof also being indirectly lit. look at the furthest post in the back left that support the shelter, it is also being lit indirectly, but from a different direction. it is being lit from below where light has reached the ground under the roof and reflected onto the beam. in comparison with the other screens, lighting is allot harsher, and the there is allot more contrast. at the same time the 2014 screen also has better geometry, look at the top right corner at the stones, on the wall. then at the ground, and you can see considerably less details in the resent builds, what is sometimes called greeble (objects that work as embellishment). and the harsh edges of walls when they turn in towards the gate in the 2014 shot have bumps in them and curve around rather than being sharp.

I did some stupid stuff in paint to point it out. so much stuff is gone.

Attachments

• paint doc.jpg
    paint doc.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom