What color correction can do to those ugly screenshots

+
If I look outside by the window, I see a "puke" sky as well, someone should render a new skybox for IRL "puke" sky.

it looks better but the colors in the 35 min demo are just so much better. I hope that this color change is not in the textures but is in the post process like suggested.

Some have suggested that yellow tint could be there due to time of day.
This is not the case as time is same in both pictures, take a look at the shadows, they are in exact same positions and angles which (due to dynamic sun movement)
means that time of day is same.

About the weather it's more diffiult to say but to me it really looks the same, only difference being that newer one has more aerial fog

So the yellowish mood comes from something else

I really hope that all those "bad" light/colour contrast look that way because they intended to look that way and we see better visuals once we start to play the game. Maybe they screw with us just like Kojima do before releasing his games.. But that just my humble opinion.. Anyway, thanks for that post author :hatsoff:

Well, if some color correction solves the overall look of the game (they seriously look amazing corrected) that's excellent news for the PC community.

That definitely looks great Zaeccis. On your first version of the bad screen shot the wood on the road looks more like "wood".

Wondering if when the game is released and you check the sweetfx settings carefully, will you release your sweetfx preset so that we can use it too ?

Damn ! You can see it as the release date is near, we are more than 1200 on the forum ;)
View attachment 14290

Attachments

• Sans titre.jpg
    Sans titre.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 45
To be honest, I can't really see this failing. I mean, it'll makes the more yellowy parts of the game world (white orchard and velen) look great, and worse comes to worse make Skellige look even more hostile and gritty. Fine by me.

Of course someone could always go the BIG route and try to recolor/ touch up all the textures themselves such as the wood and sand and water to avoid the need for a sweetfx filter to begin with.

Some have suggested that yellow tint could be there due to time of day.
This is not the case as time is same in both pictures, take a look at the shadows, they are in exact same positions and angles which (due to dynamic sun movement)
means that time of day is same.

About the weather it's more diffiult to say but to me it really looks the same, only difference being that newer one has more aerial fog

So the yellowish mood comes from something else

Your alterations look really great! I don't suppose you would share what adjustments you made on here in more detail? The same effects might be achieved through the nvidia control panel or monitor settings.

Last edited:
As requested:

In detail what I did: color correction was made in gimp and contrast in adobe lightroom.

Color: I made yellow slightly more "redish" with hue edit and degreased saturation. -note this was only applied to yellow color channel, not master.
Saturation is just +60 in lightrooms "clarity" slider. What it does is effectively just increasing contrast in small areas (conrast is only changed regarding to close pixels, not whole image)

Now this unfortunately leads to some trouble regarding the sweetfx config. I'm really not too experinced with it and its color matrix (which I assume is for color corrections) I haven't used at all.
I don't know how I can apply the saturation and hue change to yellow colour only.:huh:
Same goes with contrast, lightrooms clarity is complicated algorithm and different from normal contrast algorithms like the on sweetfx uses

BUT. now the good news: this deadlymint guy is already making sweetfx profile and promises it will be in sfx database before launch.
http://www.gamersyde.com/thqstream_the_witcher_3_sweetfx_color_correction-w2lhE7zSLYYyrBCs_en.html

If he delivers I will most likely use this as a base for my own mods and again, will report results

PS. this thread being my first post here ever (made accoutn for this) I have to say I love emoticons/memes of this forum :victory:

---------- Updated at 05:26 PM ----------

@misho8723

not with color correction, however sweetfx does have bloom/contrast/AO etc. mods which can help with those.
Problem is how outdoors will look if it is set for good indoor looks

Last edited:
Now we just need a more dramatic sky and then proper smoke from buildings :)

there was proper smoke from buildings in the IGN skellige live stream

also everyone seems to want this kind of lighting in every single place in the game :)

Last edited:
there was proper smoke from buildings in the IGN skellige live stream

also everyone seems to want this kind of lighting in every single place in the game :)

nah, it was just smoke not 'proper smoke' which was more vlumetric with lighting and stuff?

People want the 35 minute demo lighting which made the game look good in every situation no matter of it was day, night or inside a building because we have all seen it working and running fine in the game less than a year ago.

People want the 35 minute demo lighting which made the game look good in every situation no matter of it was day, night or inside a building because we have all seen it working and running fine in the game less than a year ago.

the only thing i dont see in the current version, in the indoor comparison is the weird fog/smoke that the 35min demo had for some reason....

Top Bottom