The Witcher 3 PC Ultra vs. Ps4 - no difference, downgraded

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that is supposed to show the difference between the preview (left) and currrent (right) version. I fail to see a difference. Well, I'll just wait until I can see it on my own screen, rendered by my own PC.

Are you serious? Ugh Never mind... If you can't tell even something as obvious as the daw distance, then graphics won't matter to you..

Finally someone who tested the game on an AMD-based rig. They say it ran at 50 fps with occasional drops to 40 fps on a Radeon 290X at 1440p resolution. Slightly less with the extra bells and whistles applied with the patch. Do you reckon at 1080p that would be closer to 60 fps?

Are you serious? Ugh Never mind... If you can't tell even something as obvious as the daw distance, then graphics won't matter to you..

We always knew we would get longer view distance, what we wanted was better textures and everything else. There is not any noticeable difference besides the lighting and view distance in those screens.

This is comparison between the latest PC version and the 35 minutes gameplay (presumably on PC) released by CDPR in August 2014, location is the bridge before a gate used to enter Novigrad:

I am actually baffled why would they downgrade it - they had the asset in August 2014, as this frame proves, so why remove it from the PC version?

Console market can be blamed for many things, but the primary reason behind most of them is poor competition there. It might change with Steam Machines coming out. Time will tell.

Yeah. Introducing something you can't control in your game settings which hits performances, making the game less scalable.

---------- Updated at 07:01 PM ----------

Yeah. Introducing something you can't control in your game settings which hits performances, making the game less scalable.
the screens here do look better still think the grass looks kinda bad but some overall improvments

This is comparison between the latest PC version and the 35 minutes gameplay (presumably on PC) released by CDPR in August 2014, location is the bridge before a gate used to enter Novigrad:

I am actually baffled why would they downgrade it - they had the asset in August 2014, as this frame proves, so why remove it from the PC version?

So they could get graphics parity with the consoles.

Ok. I see this threat goes off topic when somebody does not say something about downgread thing ;)

If we talking here about downgrade, can i ask is it only me or there is another guy who actually saw and know that hairwork was better in January footage.

Mods, if this off topic delete this post, when i talk about hairwork my posts deleted everytime :)

You can't compare the hardware of a console with that of a PC and expect the same results. If you don't know that, then there's no point arguing. Consoles are much more efficient, that's why an older hardware can still push very good graphics that require a more powerful PC.
But yeah, whatever, downgrade, right?

Not more efficient, but its obviously much better to optimize cause there is only one ps4 and not 1000s of pc versions

The one with the longer view distance is PC, but that is the only real noticeable difference I can see. The lighting and shadow difference is unnoticeable.

Ah yes, the one on the right has a slightly better draw distance and a bit more foliage in the foreground . But yes, there is nothing else to distinguish it whatsoever. What happened to all the Gameworks supposed improvements I wonder?

AFAIK that game was funded on kickstarter with ridiculous amounts of money. CDPR do not have that luxury.
oh really ??!! come on XD they could use kickstarter too to but they didn't ....cause their main targets obviously are no more pc gamers but consols users ..

AFAIK that game was funded on kickstarter with ridiculous amounts of money. CDPR do not have that luxury.

Maybe they should kickstart then. I only pointed that out because its a Pc only game and a niche genre on top of that. Minecraft was also PC only first btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom