Sad reality or maybe not ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am pessimistic by nature, and given the recent comparisons and watching PC footage and PS4 footage on Twitch. They appear to look the same to me in almost every aspect. However, these are streams and videos that have compression. So while The Witcher 3 does not look nearly as good as it did back in 2013, save the facial animations, which look better to me. It still looks very good in many aspects...and then in other aspects, some of the textures and such remind me of Red Dead Redemption. For a game this size, it does actually look really good as far as I can tell and most people seem to be overlooking this huge detail. Overall I can't ultimately pass judgement on this game until I have played it and witness the experience through my monitor. Now, granted the aesthetics have changed, which is a shame. The atmosphere is far less dark and more in line with something you would expect from a high fantasy title. Even Dragon Age Inquisition has a darker atmosphere, for a game that masquerades as being a "dark fantasy title that is gritty" when it really isn't. Again, I'll have to wait until tomorrow as the game will unlock at 6 PM for me where I live. I'll be looking forward to a sweetFX injector or and ENB preset while I await solid mods, and of course CDPR updating the game and adding some of the graphical features that they've chosen to leave out such as Ubersampling/Supersampling..whichever they're calling it this time.

In the meantime I fully intend on enjoying the experience that CDPR has crafted. The visuals, while not as impressive as I had hoped will not determine how much I like this game. The Witcher EE is one of my favorite RPGs to date and it doesn't really look that great at all. It is the game play and the story that dragged me in and resulted in three full runs of the game. I, unlike many others have found the combat to be solid and enjoyable and in The Witcher 2's case, FCR 2 made combat much better, at least for me. So, I'll be enjoying the story, the side quests, the contracts and actually hunting down monsters as opposed to say just bumping into them. I'll enjoy finding rare treasures, and hope to find a lot of rare schematics as well. I already have my build planned out and I plan on playing this blind on Blood and Broken Bones...maybe even Death March.

As for the video, it was hilarious.

---------- Updated at 07:56 AM ----------

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127773964@N03/sets/72157652536729480

Also this. While it is at 1440P, it does show that this game does look rather good given the size of this game!

@Mishikedman
nice try to spread salt in an open wound

i am pretty sure the mods will close this thread

@for all sincere gamers
i am really sorry for all the cd projekt reds programmers as they must experience this kind of behaviour from all these so called "witcher fans"
they played witcher 1 which had in comparison another graphic and now witcher 3 is out and all the hate is there because all these people bought hardware
and so on... i am pretty sure the experience will be the same on all plattforms.

@the disappointed gamers
yeah i am really sorry for you as well because you bought that shiny cool new hardware and must wait another 5 years to use it
BUT do you only ONE MINUTE THINK ABOUT THE WORK this people from warsaw made to get this big and immersive world to play???
do you think you bought and you get??? you get only if you are kind and not hate... hate gives you nothing only sadness... doesn't you read
the witcher books???

The atmosphere is far less dark and more in line with something you would expect from a high fantasy title. Even Dragon Age Inquisition has a darker atmosphere, for a game that masquerades as being a "dark fantasy title that is gritty" when it really isn't. Again, I'll have to wait until tomorrow as the game will unlock at 6 PM for me where I live. I'll be looking forward to a sweetFX injector or and ENB preset while I await solid mods, and of course CDPR updating the game and adding some of the graphical features that they've chosen to leave out such as Ubersampling/Supersampling..whichever they're calling it this time.

it is low, medium, high and Uber settings in xml file of witcher 3

@Mishikedman

@for all sincere gamers
i am really sorry for all the cd projekt reds programmers as they must experience this kind of behaviour from all these so called "witcher fans"
they played witcher 1 which had in comparison another graphic and now witcher 3 is out and all the hate is there because all these people bought hardware
and so on... i am pretty sure the experience will be the same on all plattforms.

@the disappointed gamers
yeah i am really sorry for you as well because you bought that shiny cool new hardware and must wait another 5 years to use it
BUT do you only ONE MINUTE THINK ABOUT THE WORK this people from warsaw made to get this big and immersive world to play???
do you think you bought and you get??? you get only if you are kind and not hate... hate gives you nothing only sadness... doesn't you read
the witcher books???

@geraltthebleidd What do you talk about, one gtx 980 cant max this game properly, so much about optimization. 5 years in pc gaming is long period of times if you want to be updated (if you want to run future games on max and 60fps). Do know I dont have hate for Witcher 3 i LOVE IT, it will be GREAT game. I am just nostalgic for old Cd projekt red, (ms, sony, consoles) corrupt everything. I miss times when games pushed visuals to stunning levels, (crysis 1, witcher 2) that games come years before and are still sights to behold. And what do we get now. Not there vision (Cd projekt red). We get shadow of the game we should get, and because what CONSOLES ?

Ps. They show little love to us ( pc players) that is why we are not happy !

Last edited:
@Mishikedman
for me ubiusoft, microsoft, sony they are all great companys
cd projekt red is better than in the past because the game is bigger than witcher 2
i am very excited for cyberpunk

companys are not corrupt because nowadays you can watch everything in the internet and judge yourself but spreading poison is easier than just be silence am i right? ; D

@Mishikedman
for me ubiusoft, microsoft, sony they are all great companys
cd projekt red is better than in the past because the game is bigger than witcher 2
i am very excited for cyberpunk

companys are not corrupt because nowadays you can watch everything in the internet and judge yourself but spreading poison is easier than just be silence am i right? ; D

@geraltthebleidd Boy you're delusional if you think they are threatening us right. If you like to be lied to it is your choice, if you are naive that is your problem. If you dont know to spot false advertisement also your problem. If you dont have knowledge and logic than let me open your eyes Gtx 770 is alot stronger than ps4 7870. That is one for optimization which is not so good. And if you have something advertise and on that you made decision that you want this product but in the end you get sub par product with so much features missing you will be angry.

If you dont still understand think of this "you were advertise Bugatti Veyron but when shipping date come, you were presented with Acura".

---------- Updated at 08:44 AM ----------

That is not true.

Max with nvidia game works on 60 fps i don't think so.

Last edited:
@geraltthebleidd Boy you're delusional if you think they are threatening us right. If you like to be lied to it is your choice, if you are naive that is your problem. If you dont know to spot false advertisement also your problem. If you dont have knowledge and logic than let me open your eyes Gtx 770 is alot stronger than ps4 7870. That is one for optimization which is not so good. And if you have something advertise and on that you made decision that you wont this product but in the end you get sub par product with so much features missing you will be angry.

If you dont still understand think of this "you were advertising Bugatti Veyron but when shipping date come, you were presented with Acura".

---------- Updated at 08:44 AM ----------

Max with nvidia game works on 60 fps i don't think so.

false advertisment is not my problem but the laws
for me the game looks good enough and the story will be great
cyberpunk will have better graphivs maybe but story???

and don't say delusional or other nasty things because we have 2015 and not stone age

i have my opinion and cd projekt will get my money and then they can buy themselves a swimming pool and make holiday in maldives

@Mishikedman

@for all sincere gamers

@the disappointed gamers
the witcher books???

Yes, its not the Programmers fault. But i dont care, i only care what CDPR is doing. And in my Eyes, they dont give a single damn about PC Gamers. My Oppinion is that CDPR has lied to us for over 2 Years, showed us fakegameplay and told us things that are simply not true. They knew they cant deliver what they promised us and they still make promotion with 2013 PC Footage, which dont even look like the same Game. I have Problems with that. But thats just me, if you are ok with it, fine.

Thats only about Grafics, im sure the Rest of the Game is awesome. And when i wait some more weeks to forget that Grafics stuff, im sure i will enoy it. preordered it month´s ago.

Last edited:
Yes, its not the Programmers fault. But i dont care, i only care what CDPR is doing. And in my Eyes, they dont give a single damn about PC Gamers. My Oppinion is that CDPR has lied to us for over 2 Years, showed us fakegameplay and told us things that are simply not true. They knew they cant deliver what they promised us and they still make promotion with 2013 PC Footage, which dont even look like the same Game. I have Problems with that.

Even 2014 35min footage does not represent game we are going to get.

what's funny is that a gtx 970 which ~ 5 times as powerful as a ps4 and an i7 quad core which is more than 10 times as powerful as the amd cpu in ps4 can manage 'only' 50+ fps,At 1080p and almost exactly the same graphics as ps4 save for tiny shredds of grass or two,Speaks volumes about the optimization in place here.

Even Modded skyrim from 2013 puts Witcher 3 to shame,let alone 2015 enb version.

Sorry i was mistaken you are not delusional.You are either 11 year old or just plain stupid. I think even you don't know what you said, and what was your point beside you buying the game and paying them for their pool and holiday in maldives.

i have sent a report because you can't talk politely
have nice time with your crysis ueber 3000++++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom