Dear CDPR i have to say this

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear CDPR i have to say this

I am a long time PC fan. Witcher 1 is my favorite video game. I am not writting this about downgrades or PS4 graphic comparsion. I don't care how it looks on different platforms as long as it looks good.

But the game doesn't look good.I don't know what happened,but I have seen enough to know that something terrible happened. E3 2014 was playable build and it did not look like this. Maybe this is why the game is 25 GB less? Entire scenes or locations have terrible lighting. This ruins any atmosphere, immersion or story moments that take place in those scenes.My favorite thing about W1 was the atmopshere and this game seems to lack any. Stuff like this is not uncommon in the game...I've spent hours yesterday looking at streams

This is why I feel the only way to get CDPR attention is to cancel my pre-order and hope they will fix the lighting/shaders and add atmosphere to the game. Yes I know some areas look good, but it's too inconsistent. I know the lighting /shaders were good at one time, so I will wait on buying the game until they're back.

Your loss.

Just 16 more hours to go! :santa:

PS: People who become almost obsessed with graphics while myself can feel nothing but joy, well let's just say I won't understand them.. and I don't need to understand them.. as I said before, your loss, their loss. I will have fun after waiting a long time!

Last edited:
I'm thinking you didn't necessarily have to cancel the collectors edition of the game - especially you're playing on the PC, mods and other implementations by the community will surely improve the visual aspects that you're concerned about.

I suppose you know best, I hope you do not regret cancelling the order. As for me... 16 hours to go....

Whether it was a design choice, or whatever. As much as I'm sad to admit it. I have to agree with you.

The atmosphere really isn't there for me either now, visually. The E3 footage, really had it nailed imo. I'm not sure if they had hardcoded certain lighting, or time of day/weather for each location for the e3 demo, but it had such excellent atmosphere/moods. Which the current footage is sadly lacking. (I've also been watching streams, etc).

#edit:

Your loss.

Just 16 more hours to go! :santa:

PS: People who become almost obsessed with graphics while myself can feel nothing but joy, well let's just say I won't understand them.. and I don't need to understand them.. as I said before, your loss, their loss. I will have fun after waiting a long time!

I honestly don't care about all that crap, fancy graphical features, etc. What I do care about is the artistry, and using that as a means to convay the style, mood, atmosphere, etc. For the scenes.

I've also been watching the PC gameplay on streams etc, and it has lost so much of it from last year. Something is 'off' looking about the global lighting, imo. I'm not whining, nor do I bother making pointless comments about X,Y,Y, etc. But, I do feel the same way, about the 'feel' of the game's asthetics in the current footage.

Whatever they've done to various things. They've ended up taking too much away from the intended asthetics, of the game imo.

Last edited:
I really don't think that the lightning downgrade is intended - it seems more to me as either a bug or very low graphics options. I will judge when I get my game tomorrow, but as someone who values gameplay and story more than graphics, this lightning just annoys me, as it looks wrong. I don't mind if graphics got a downgrade unless it looks out of place like this

Give him a break, i think he is right and if we always award dishonesty all we ever get in a future is that. More downgrades, por ports, bad performance. Don't give me that crap how this is optimized game and all, because it is not (gtx 770 should run way better than ps4) and it is not the same or more beautiful than it was in 2013 and 2014 (i thought graphics should get better with years, gess i was wrong)!

OK. Sorry to hear of the OP's decision, but as the thread has already turned into
i think he is right and if we always award dishonesty all we ever get in a future is that. More downgrades, por ports, bad performance. Don't give me that crap how this is optimized game and all,

it's going straight to a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom