The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
i get paid ? and i still care how happy people are with what i do. so i dont see your point .. you dont need to say thank you but just read why people say thank you and hopfely you understand if not then please do what ever you want but please dont question what we think and wanna do.

Guest 3753371

Many thanks Michael Moorcock, many thanks Andrzej Sapkowski.

i get paid ? and i still care how happy people are with what i do. so i dont see your point .. you dont need to say thank you but just read why people say thank you and hopfely you understand if not then please do what ever you want but please dont question what we think and wanna do.

I wasn't even talking to you. And the rest of what you wrote has nothing to do with me as I've already explained my position. And as I already said, this I why I won't be doing it. I couldn't care less what you do.

Last edited:
Many thanks Michael Moorcock, many thanks Andrzej Sapkowski.

This too, look the point of the thread was so we could thank CDPR but also I wanted to thank everyone on here who has entertained me and shared knowledge over the last year, nothing to do with paying or playing yet a little thanks goes a long way!! let's stay on topic and not argue.

I've already explained my position. And as I already said, this I why I won't be doing it. I couldn't care less what you do.

You could say it in a more civilized tone though.

And seeing how you mentioned your stance in like 3 posts already in the last hour, we kinda get it, now let's move on and stop spamming the thread.

The first time I heard about the Witcher games was 2011. I was searching for a new rpg series and read a lot of good things about the Witcher series.
So I tried Witcher 1 and well... I didn't like it. I played till the middle of act 1 and stopped then. A few months later I was still starving for a good rpg, so I tried it again.
I made it to Vizima, but unfortunately I still didn't like it and stopped playing it a second time.
But I didn't want to give up the series. I mean a lot of people were praising it, so there has to be something special about it. So I tried Witcher 2 and felt in love with it.
I had a bad pc at this time so I could only play the game in the lowest setting with average 28 fps. Furthermore I had some weird memory bug+ the german subtitiles(the game had problems to handle ö,ä,ü) were buggy, so the game crashed every 10 minutes! (and this is not exaggerated). The quick save button was my best friend. I used it every 2-3 minutes. I'm sure the game crashed more than 200 times during my first playthrought. But I still heavily enjoyed it.
After that I bought the books (started with the Ciri saga) and read them within two months. Bought a new graphic card I replayed Witcher 2. This time in ultra and with all the books knowledge the game became even better (from amazing to one of the best games I have ever played). I read both short stories after that and then tried another Witcher 1 playthrought. This time I finally enjoyed it.
A few years later- May 2015: I have finished Witcher 1 3 times, Witcher 2 8 times and read all books except for Season of Storms (1x) at least 3 times and I'm eagerly wating to play Witcher 3. Thanks for all the great hours I had with this franchise.

Even though I don't post much, I regularly browse the threads. I just want to vent my frustration. Witcher is not about graphics. When it was released it was like a fresh air for me. It was different. Damn blacksmith was cursing me for waking him up in the middle of the night. I was actually afraid at rainy nights in the swamp. There were no black and white. You had to think. Lots of choices, lots of consequences. You could sense the love poured to game. I can't summarize that feelings. Before patches, a loadig screen took half an hour! But even in that state i finished the game. Now they just keep ********* about graphics, graphics, graphics! For god sake! Nearly no loading screen does not mean anything?!? I don't know... Maybe definition of "fun" has changed but if they can't see the gem in front of them, something is wrong with them. They all act like spoiled children. On May 19th i will install it and enjoy it for non stop.

My thanks release in 3 DAYS AND 10:47:00 :p (Just kidding)

A huge thanks for giving us The Witcher franchise CDPR and showing us another dimension of RPG Genre, wish you huge success with this game and more games to come :)

I am near the end of Witcher 2 again and it still feels superior to so many other RPG games, please stick to your adult dark fantasy theme with morally ambiguous choices. This is the essence of The Witcher games that makes it so different, don't change it even if some fans demand that.

Even though I don't post much, I regularly browse the threads. I just want to vent my frustration. Witcher is not about graphics. When it was released it was like a fresh air for me. It was different. Damn blacksmith was cursing me for waking him up in the middle of the night. I was actually afraid at rainy nights in the swamp. There were no black and white. You had to think. Lots of choices, lots of consequences. You could sense the love poured to game. I can't summarize that feelings. Before patches, a loadig screen took half an hour! But even in that state i finished the game. Now they just keep ********* about graphics, graphics, graphics! For god sake! Nearly no loading screen does not mean anything?!? I don't know... Maybe definition of "fun" has changed but if they can't see the gem in front of them, something is wrong with them. They all act like spoiled children. On May 19th i will install it and enjoy it for non stop.

*claps* well said :D

Had a polish friend recommend The Witcher to me in 2007. Never heard of it before but as a hardcore rpg fan, I just had to try it out. Didnt really like it at first but as I progressed to act 2 and 3, the game started growing on me more and more. And though I didnt understand alot of references to the books and stuff at the time, it was overall a grand experience. In 2011 I randomly stumbled across The Witcher 2. I didnt even know they made a sequel up to that point. So I went and played it too. And though I was a bit disappointed with the length of the game(after having spent so much time in TW1) it was a blast(After being on these forums for a while I finally understood after some time, why TW2 was so "short" in comparison to TW1. Im glad CDPR survived their little crisis). A little before that I migrated to steam. For this statement to make sense I gotta explain that I pirated the first 2 games initially. But because I had so much fun and I gradually pirated less and less games due to steam, I went and officially bought them on Steam as I felt the devs deserved my money.

I started reading on these forums sometime in early 2012. Seeing all those peple talk about the books and still not having a clue what the references in TW1 are all about, made me wanna read the books. So I went and got them and read them and it was pretty awesome. And now weve got 2015 and I spent almost all my money this month on the preorder, leaving me with 20 or so bucks to live off of tins for the rest of the month.

Thanks for the awesome games so far, CDPR. I have faith in you and think you will pull this one off just as grand as with the first 2 games.

Had a polish friend recommend The Witcher to me in 2007. Never heard of it before but as a hardcore rpg fan, I just had to try it out. Didnt really like it at first but as I progressed to act 2 and 3, the game started growing on me more and more. And though I didnt understand alot of references to the books and stuff at the time, it was overall a grand experience. In 2011 I randomly stumbled across The Witcher 2. I didnt even know they made a sequel up to that point. So I went and played it too. And though I was a bit disappointed with the length of the game(after having spent so much time in TW1) it was a blast(After being on these forums for a while I finally understood after some time, why TW2 was so "short" in comparison to TW1. Im glad CDPR survived their little crisis). A little before that I migrated to steam. For this statement to make sense I gotta explain that I pirated the first 2 games initially. But because I had so much fun and I gradually pirated less and less games due to steam, I went and officially bought them on Steam as I felt the devs deserved my money.

I started reading on these forums sometime in early 2012. Seeing all those peple talk about the books and still not having a clue what the references in TW1 are all about, made me wanna read the books. So I went and got them and read them and it was pretty awesome. And now weve got 2015 and I spent almost all my money this month on the preorder, leaving me with 20 or so bucks to live off of tins for the rest of the month.

Thanks for the awesome games so far, CDPR. I have faith in you and think you will pull this one off just as grand as with the first 2 games.

please dont starve do death .. you still need to enjoy witcher 3 XD

Dont worry, Im used to the hobo life. Went through it a couple times whenever my graphics card decided to die on me and I needed a new one. :d

Besides, at this point Im sure I could live solely off of the excitement for the game. ^^

Thanks for bringing into life (with such success) the world of The Witcher.
And tanks to the forumers

but not all of you :listen:

Good luck everyone, the time in nigh and I truly hope you all enjoy the game and come back to thank CDPR!!!

Quit that bitching and lets get witching!!!

Many thanks for the countless hours you guys spent on providing us with the best experience you could possibly create. Thank you CDPR :hatsoff:

Thank you, I have not received my collector's version for the PC yet, but I can already tell you thank you for all the work you have accomplished .
The game looks simply beautiful and rich.
Thank you for all the sacrifices you 've probably done.
This game exudes love for work well done !
Thank you also to my community forum , moderators (which despite the trolls and stupid Thread always remained patient and kind ) and (almost) everybody!
Even if the game comes out , I will continue to come have a good time here <3

Sorry for my english, French stylz huhu

i hope CDPR guys know that even if we are slightly mad about the graphics that dosnt mean that we hate them or whatever, at least for me and am sure most peoples who criticized the game also think like i do, because at the end of the day its a game meant to bring us enjoyments thats it, and am sure this situation will push peoples who had nothing to do with modding to start mod the game and there for learn a little about how games work, wich is a very good thing

we still love you guys and i can not imagine how much work you had to put to create such an insanly vast wolrd in a such short period of time

THANKS (pls make an enhenced edition )

I payed for (all) their game(s). That's all the thanks they need. ;P

But seriously I really appreciate CDProjekt as a developer, who is really passionate about their own games and thrives to make them better and better. A real rarity nowadays. I really hope they will stay like that as long as as possible.

Top Bottom