PC specs and benchmarks DISCUSSION

+

I don't know if PCgames.de is as competent as PCgameshardware.de. The latter is more versed in hardware and game tech it seems..

The link you posted looks like they don't have HBAO+ enabled to me... HBAO+ isn't automatically activated by ultra settings. It's enabled separately..

---------- Updated at 09:46 AM ----------

this is already outdated. The guys at PC Games Hardware could test the game with the day1 patch and saw significant improvements. Some things are looking better than in the earlier trailers, some still look worse.

They claim that 4K screenshot is the same time of day and same save game, but the lighting looks much better and more reminiscent of the E3 2014 footage..

It's a small step, but a step in the right direction. Lets hope we get some more of these fixes and patches. They need to implement the draw distance they had in the E3 2014 footage!

It's a small step, but a step in the right direction. Lets hope we get some more of these fixes and patches. They need to implement the draw distance they had in the E3 2014 footage!
But it is the same draw distance with added fog(which looks like can be disabled in XML). But it's still drawing past the fog.

I don't know if PCgames.de is as competent as PCgameshardware.de. The latter is more versed in hardware and game tech it seems..

The link you posted looks like they don't have HBAO+ enabled to me... HBAO+ isn't automatically activated by ultra settings. It's enabled separately..

---------- Updated at 09:46 AM ----------

They claim that 4K screenshot is the same time of day and same save game, but the lighting looks much better and more reminiscent of the E3 2014 footage..

Possible. But HBAO wont change anything that much. I think thats the best we can hope for until the modding Guys start their work.

A quick patch isn't going to make any noticeable difference,Stuff like resolution and framerate is automatically improved regardless of any game,Draw distance,textures,lightning and foilage are exactly the same as ps4 version,So don't expect much.

Possible. But HBAO wont change anything that much. I think thats the best we can hope for until the modding Guys start their work.

This is HBAO+, which is much much better than the standard SSAO in the game that the consoles get. And yes, it does make a big difference because it adds a lot more depth to a scene..

So much for "its the same draw distance".

What do you think?

Attachments

• witcher3_1.jpg
    witcher3_1.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 45
  • witcher3_2.jpg
    witcher3_2.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 39
Wait, wait, wait... WHO says they can see no difference with the Day 1 Patch applied?! Mr. Magoo?

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/commoncfm/comparison/indexb2.cfm?id=125702

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/commoncfm/comparison/indexb2.cfm?id=125693

There IS a difference, please look a little closer if you really think so. Additionally, the wind-dependant water-tesselation is back as well, just like the sign- and movement-dependancy. A complete list should come soon.
I can see only simple vignetting.

I can see only simple vignetting.

First link: Check the draw distance, or rather the fog in the distance, for example at the tower of the temple island or the chimney-smoke infront of it. There are far more details visible, sharper textures (check the house above Geralt's head) and different colouration. The grass is less broad and more detailed (check the grass in the foreground, between the path Geralt is riding on and the houses/wood-walkway.

Second link: Check the crops above Geralt's head or to the left below the treeline, infront of the river. Check the stones on the path to the right of Geralts swords. The visibility of the stones is greater.

And these are just two example shots. There will be more indepth-comparisons in the next few days. I forgot to mention that there are more NPCs in Novigrad as well, and they even added an option for that in the graphics-menu. Sounds good for a Day-1-Patch!

Wow... this is very nice! No more yellow tint. Contrast... visible sky. I'm super happy. It looks like our complaints are finally listened to!

Top Bottom