Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
I honestly believe that some people play games just for graphics and nothing else, it has to be. I mean this game is getting great receives all around saying things like it could be the best RPG ever. And people won't play a game that has great story, gameplay and is lot of fun because of graphics? And the worst thing is the game is not even ugly. It's gorgeous, it's the best open world game i have ever seen. I would even understand if it had bad graphics but that's not the case here.
I love a good dunking doughnut. So delicious with my bitter, bitter, bitter coffee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, my children. I just watched a nice movie, so I'm not going to short-term ban people that failed to return to topic (NEWS!) after Dragon told you to, and instead thought this was a great place to talk about their hurt feelings because mean old CDPR "lied" to them.

However, next time, bannings.

We aren't having that conversation again - I don't care if they lied to you, or if you are sure they didn't or whatever. It's circular, it's ugly and it is VERBOTEN.

You will be able to tell when it's not VERBOTEN if we allow a thread on it. No, don't start one.

It's -certainly- not the place for it in the News thread? Got it?

Hello everyone. I don't want to be that guy starting a downgrade whining thread. I'm sure TW3 is brilliant and looks great and whatnot. Reviews are shining from what I can see. I'm not here to bash the game or the devs for anything. I'm sure when I play it I'll love it and everything.

Just want to know if anyone with the game, or dev can confirm what I'm seeing here.
Watching PC ultra footage from the final version, it seems like swamp waters no longer have full realtime reflections, like they did in the 2014 35 minute demo.
In that demo, it reflected everything, including characters. Now, there's plenty of footage with swamp water, but I've never seen any realtime reflections like that.
Not to mention blood on water. There was a thread discussing blood splatter, but can someone tell me if the blood on water has been taken out ? It isn't there in recent footage. I really did like it in the 35 minute demo, added to the visceral feel of combat.

Also, something that I'm pretty sure about. No more puddle reflections ? The 2014 35 minute demo had screenspace realtime reflections everywhere - on puddles and wet ground in Novigrad. All recent PC ultra footage doesn't. That feature looks to be removed entirely.

That recent insider leak came out after I noticed and provided an explanation. I am inclined to believe the insider is legit, but you never know about those.

There's been a ton of PC footage released on ultra by now. The absence of these features is something I noticed consistently. Just wondering if anyone can provide a conclusive answer.

If said features have been removed, I really don't see why PC users can't have the options to turn them back on. Surely that's something CDPR should do for the PC version ?

If this specific feature has already been discussed, please redirect me to that thread. Can't seem to find anything about it.

Is this true?

Is this true?

No. It is FUD. There are quite obviously reflections in Novigrad puddles as Geralt passes them. Many are blank sky-box, but we see building and other elements in them too at appropriate moments. This is both PS4 and PC footage.

Is this true?

What is true is that now there is no Screen Space Reflection. But reflection still in game. For example in Novigrad there is no realtime reflection in water puddles. Just same reflection map on all puddles. But on sea we can see building and sheep reflections. So now reflection depend on reflection probes just how Jose confirmed in last interview. And insider talks about this thing.

So. Reflection still in game and realtime. but not how was in 35 min demo SSR instead of this in some necessary places. And this is because optimization. 'Downgrade' in our language. ;)

Marcin wrote on the day the launch cinematic was released, that there will be another trailer. Would be weird to not release a ingame- launch trailer. I just hope it's a story trailer and that it will be released before the game comes out

Do you have maybe source? I'm really curious about this one... thank you :)

I don't think it's a bug. Devs definitely decided to nerf the wall edges right there, reduced the tesselations.

Agreed,
Maybe they removed the stone mesh cause of cliping the bsp geometry wals?
(they also removed people and meshes near the bridge comparing 35 min video? )
As you said- Possibly there was to much in the view of the player when he steps on the bridge and looking towards the city, and fps was low.
Not everyone has high pc
i.e. optimization (some call it degradation- folks would more like stutter or clipping than fluid game)

If you go to the barber and choose a specific "beard style", your beard will stay like that. However if you shave the beard, it will grow again like it used to.

Is it possible to shave beard permanently? I really don't dig that look but I also don't want to run to barber every 5 minutes :/

Top Bottom