Enjoying TW3 on Xbox One

+
Enjoying TW3 on Xbox One

I'm looking forward to playing on Xbox One tonight and wanted to see what other Xbox One players were looking forward to? I understand from a forum poll that only around 5% of forum members will be playing on Xbox One. Let's just say that so many threads are dominated by, let's just say 'PC player issues' that I was hoping to create a friendly oasis (spoiler free) for some Xbox One discussion.

Will you be on the digital download tonight or are you waiting for a physical copy?
How do you view TW3 alongside other RPGs you have played on Xbox One?
I played only TW2 on Xbox 360, are you in the same boat?
I hope we can share some gorgeous non-spoiler screenshots once the game is out.

Last edited:
Well I am in the same boat as you, however I made a terrible terrible mistake. I thought up until Saturday that this game was going to be released on monday, I wasn't prepared for a whole other day of waiting and my body wasn't either. This day has thus became extremely painful to survive through. Please help :S

You're not alone on this travel. I'm from Argentina. I reserved the digital copy. In my country it's suposed to be available at 7 pm or 1900 hours. Today!!!!!. I watch every Xbox vídeo that i found. Avoiding spoilers. Its looks wonderful!. Excuse my language. Im latino. Lol

I went with the physical copy since I like having the artbox. I did get to play Witcher 2 on 360 and thought it was pretty decent rpg. It was first introduction to the world of witcher. After I beat it I decided to watch let's play vids of the first game (I wish they had it for consoles). I also read most of the books, currently at the end of "Lady of the Lake".
Was so sad reading about the tragic deaths of Milva, Cahir, Angoulême and Regis.. :(

My only concerns are the framepacing issues I keep hearing about. Anyways I'm so ready for Witcher 3 :cheers:

Last edited:
You're not alone on this travel. I'm from Argentina. I reserved the digital copy. In my country it's suposed to be available at 7 pm or 1900 hours. Today!!!!!. I watch every Xbox vídeo that i found. Avoiding spoilers. Its looks wonderful!. Excuse my language. Im latino. Lol
Out of curiosity, how do you know when its meant to release? In terms of specific time.

Well I am in the same boat as you, however I made a terrible terrible mistake. I thought up until Saturday that this game was going to be released on monday, I wasn't prepared for a whole other day of waiting and my body wasn't either. This day has thus became extremely painful to survive through. Please help :S
I can help.
Put on one of the offical gameplay videos of The Witcher 3.
Then hold your Xbox One Controller and start pressing buttons.
YOU ARE NOW PLAYING THE WITCHER 3!
Isn't it amazing?

As I understand it, the digital copy unlocks at:

• 4pm Pacific Time
  • 5pm Mountain Time
  • 6pm Central Time
  • 7pm Eastern Time
  • Midnight UK
  • 1am Europe
  • 8am Japan
  • 9am Sydney
  • 11am NZ

Time zones can be a little slippery, so please correct if that's not right.

I pre-ordered the CE for XBone but after hearing about The early digital I went on xbox live and pre ordered the digital copy with all expansions at a 10% discount. Now I can't figure out if I want to keep the CE or not. I'm not a big collectables guy and can't see myself putting the statue on display.....I think I'm going to give up my CE pre orders and let another fan enjoy them. That being said I can't wait till 6pm CST assuming The game goes live as expected. Could care less if my resolution is a touch worse. Ready to play :)

---------- Updated at 07:04 AM ----------

Just wanted to say I think it's great to have an "unofficial" XBONE thread since the forum in general and even neogaf as well seem to be predominantly PS4/PC. Would be nice to have a centralized thread for XB players.

As I understand it, the digital copy unlocks at:

• 4pm Pacific Time
  • 5pm Mountain Time
  • 6pm Central Time
  • 7pm Eastern Time
  • Midnight UK
  • 1am Europe
  • 8am Japan
  • 9am Sydney
  • 11am NZ

Time zones can be a little slippery, so please correct if that's not right.

i'm on the PS4 but it says my digital copy releases at midnight and I'm in The Netherlands, Europe so might be the same for others on xbox

Im from Argentina too! And the copy unlocks at 08:00 pm! Already preloaded :D (PC here btw)

I thought the game would have a world wide release on all platforms, but the Xbox marketplace says it'll unlock at 12:01 UTC which is 3am in Finland, yet the countdown timer on gog.com ends in 8h40min - 2am my local time.
So does the Xbox launch it one hour later or am I being stupid somehow?

Ruairi46 Look for a thread. Some dude made an amazing timer

---------- Updated at 02:45 PM ----------

Im from Argentina too! And the copy unlocks at 08:00 pm! Already preloaded :D (PC here btw)
Si disculpame saque mal las cuentas. Es a las ocho. Jeje. Mi error!!!.
Joya ver que hay otro brujo con boleadoras por el foro!!!

Last edited:
W3 on Xbox One analysis by NXGamer

Well what a surprise, it turns out a lot of folks on NeoGAF have no idea what they are talking about. It turns out the framerate on the Xbox One version of W3 is far from bad, actually it's surprisingly high. It goes well above 30fps at times and into the 40's. So that means it's an unlocked framerate ans not locked at 30fps. This causes judder when turning the camera according to NXgamer. I find it kinda odd that CDPR didn't lock it at 30. But again, it goes above 30fps. Very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVphjF8XCFE

NXgamer also says people can be easily fooled by thinking it's native 1080p all the time, it looks that good on X1.

The increased frames come at the expense of both AF and AO quality though, therefore less grpaphical effects in favor of higher frame rate.

The increased frames come at the expense of both AF and AO quality though, therefore less grpaphical effects in favor of higher frame rate.

But the AF and AO is only missing in the cutscenes, according to NXgamer, right? I don't mind that much.

That Eurogamer article talks about the patch being a double edged sword....apparently we can choose NOT to install a patch on Xbox One? How?

And without patch...the framerate is worse?

Might be right, either way in 7-8 hours, it'll be unlocked.
Anyway, when I post on other threads I do get 'Xbox ! LOL !' reactions,
so if that happens too much I'll run back here for some warm friendly support...

But the AF and AO is only missing in the cutscenes, according to NXgamer, right? I don't mind that much.

That Eurogamer article talks about the patch being a double edged sword....apparently we can choose NOT to install a patch on Xbox One? How?

And without patch...the framerate is worse?

You can´t choose if you want to download the patch or not....if you bought the digital version then you will get the patched version. If you however bought the disc version then you can choose not to patch, but then loose connection to xbox live.

You can´t choose if you want to download the patch or not....if you bought the digital version then you will get the patched version. If you however bought the disc version then you can choose not to patch, but then loose connection to xbox live.

I see. Ah well, i've seen several people now on other forums saying the juddering really ain't that bad at all, so it should be ok.

Top Bottom