Physical Copy PC Version - Not able to start the Game (Help please)

+
Physical Copy PC Version - Not able to start the Game (Help please)

Hi all,

i just recieved my physical copy, put the discs in and installed the game. Then I linked it to gog since it asked me to. When I now try to run the game it tells me on gog that the official launch is in 9h. - the "play" button is greyed out.

If i'm trying to boot the game from the installed files on my pc I just get this:

If i go to play.thewitcher.com nothing happens.

I would understand it if i purchased a digital copy. But since I have a physical copy I should be able to play the game, no? What am I missing? Should I uninstall the game, reinstall it from the CDs and don't link the game to gog in the end of the setup?

I'd really like to play. :( Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• witcher3.jpg
    witcher3.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 71
Its DRM free but you still need to connect internet first time to download a file before you play .

from CDPR site

Is Internet access needed to install the retail PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?

The initial, pre-*premiere retail PC batch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt needs to download a file from our servers to allow play. This file will either be downloaded automatically during installation process (via GOG Galaxy, optional DRM*-free gaming platform of GOG.com) or you can choose to download it manually from a dedicated website.

Since we have no DRM in the game, this is a security measure we needed to incorporate so the game doesn’t leak during the production process. No worries, the file will not be big. Copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt produced after launch will not contain this security feature.

http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/internet-access-when-installing/

Yeah, I was watching one guy on Twitch who was playing the PC version and he said there were 3 layers of security locks he had to bypass in order to get to play.

Isn't this some sort of DRM, though? I mean, if I have the pre-purchased version of the game (which I do), I won't be able to install the game 50 years into the future when the file I need is no longer around to be downloaded.

I would presume that when tomorrow hits and we can finally download the unlocker file a full unlocked build will be available to download (and backup) from your GoG account.

Isn't this some sort of DRM, though? I mean, if I have the pre-purchased version of the game (which I do), I won't be able to install the game 50 years into the future when the file I need is no longer around to be downloaded.

You only need to download it once. Then keep it.

http://play.thewitcher.com/

Does anyone know the size of the download and can i install the game through gog and manually apply the patch. If my game arrives sometime tomorrow i'd like to have the download completed as if its around 500mb it will take me a couple of hours. :/

Top Bottom