PC specs and benchmarks DISCUSSION

+
Man i really want Hairworks on for the monsters but then I probably need to cap @30fps. Decisions decisions. :\

Edit: Oh wow, scratch that. It seems that i probably need to cap @30fps even with hairworks disabled and everything else max on a single 980.

View attachment 14399

Attachments

• KNUlPRE.png
    KNUlPRE.png
    53 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Check my video, config file has setting for MSaaLevel=0 and HairworksAALevel=8 etc. I think its possible to adjust lots of stuff when we can actual play and test tweaks.

So I got a i5 2500k 4.6Ghz OC & an MSI 980 that I will OC at 1470Mhz.

I wanted to ask you guys what you think about something: My current resolution (I will save for an upgrade but GPU was more important) is 1280/1024 (5:4).

Should I just go for DSR to increase the resolution or just ignore that and try to tweak the Ini settings for better shadows/draw distance/foliage/grass intensity?

Thank you in advance.

So I got a i5 2500k 4.6Ghz OC & an MSI 980 that I will OC at 1470Mhz.

I wanted to ask you guys what you think about something: My current resolution (I will save for an upgrade but GPU was more important) is 1280/1024 (5:4).

Should I just go for DSR to increase the resolution or just ignore that and try to tweak the Ini settings for better shadows/draw distance/foliage/grass intensity?

Thank you in advance.

I would max out and go DSR and up the resolution until You are under Your desired FPS and revert to the last resolution used.

Last edited:
I would max out and go DSR and up the resolution until You are under Your desired FPS and revert to the last resolution used.

I see..yeah I think crisper graphics would be better in this case than the boosted .ini shadows and whatnot..thanks!

I won't get my new PC for at least a month anyway. I'm wondering whether I can run the game with a 560 Ti at an acceptable framerate on low settings / 1080p. No words on that it seems.

I am in absolutely same situation, I got gtx 570, and will upgrade it in a month or two, but I want to try witcher 3 on this rig, and in benchmarks they said 14-15 FPS on max details on 1080p without hairworks, so I guess combination of medium and low setting could give 30 FPS

And I wanted to ask, if this is benchmarks discussion thread, where is benchmarks links thread?

that is the first gen titan .. There is the Titan like i have ( the first one with 6 gbvm ) then there is the titan z and the titan x

I think there is something wrong with those benchmarks because in the youtuber party thing they all said it was ultra/ constant 60fps on 980 (they said the same in those ign streams last week)

wow this is great! according to those benchmarks i will be able to play at ultra with hairworks on @30fps on my GTX970!

not too bad! its not a racing game so im fine with 30fps..

There will be more patches the next days that will fix the performance. CDPR just rushed that patch to do some damage reduction.

I think there is something wrong with those benchmarks because in the youtuber party thing they all said it was ultra/ constant 60fps on 980 (they said the same in those ign streams last week)

The benchmarks are correct. They changed the graphics with the Day 1 Patch. The old Ultra is now just like high or very high. And the new Ultra pretty much wrecks your GPU. Which I hope they optimize further. But it is great that they improve the graphical fedality of the game :)

The day 1 patch the reviewers got on the weekend aint even the same we get today if you belive the german Gamestar....so yeah might even get more taxing

Top Bottom