The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Can someone with the game installed do me a favor and see if the fog option was removed from the post processing menu.

My theory is that it was that setting that was causing the draw distance haziness.

I won't be able to play until I get off work later tonight!

I have a 560Ti 448 (more like a 570) that I will get to tonight; the 560Ti/448/570 seem to handle the game well, though they are power-hungry little monsters.

I have a 560Ti 448 (more like a 570) that I will get to tonight; the 560Ti/448/570 seem to handle the game well, though they are power-hungry little monsters.

I confirm that. Better for playability to stick @ 1680x1050 borderless window, lock at 30 fps, maybe few minor postprocessing effect can be activated.
Will not play the game this way because I will upgrade but game seems to run well. New drivers don't seem to change much on my configuration, maybe even worsening but needs better testing. Probably drivers do not change anything for 500s :D

What bugs me is the reported (by some) poor performance with Kepler. Seems strange.

I confirm that. Better for playability to stick @ 1680x1050 borderless window, lock at 30 fps, maybe few minor postprocessing effect can be activated.
Will not play the game this way because I will upgrade but game seems to run well. New drivers don't seem to change much on my configuration, maybe even worsening but needs better testing. Probably drivers do not change anything for 500s :D

What bugs me is the reported (by some) poor performance with Kepler. Seems strange.

Yes, it's very odd. I wonder if we're seeing ROP-bound performance again, the way it is with TW2. I won't know until we have more information from different GPUs at low-medium settings.

This game actually is not processor intense at all. With an AMD R9 290 and and AMD Phenom X2 955, I was able to max out the game sans hairworks at 60 FPS. I am playing at 900p though, so that's also a factor.

It's working for me (at least so far) with this equipment, pretty low: 2.8 GHz i5 CPU and this graphic card: SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD 4890 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E OC ( http://www.sapphiretech.com/presenta...pid=259&lid=1# ). Resolution 1280x1024.

Good to know because that's the same old card as I have but with 2GB memory. Thing is, I can't seem to get the game started! It acts like it wants to, and I even see a flash of black on my monitor like the game is trying to start, but then it just goes away and never starts up.

Hey guys my PC is:
i5-4690k @3.5 turbo 3.9ghz with stock cooler.
GTX 970 G1 Gaming @stock settings.
4GB RAM 1600MHz CL 9
MSI-z97-G43

So far on tutorial and the first mission my FPS on HIGH + with all post processes turned on including antialiasing was 60fps NON STOP.

When I turned everything on Uber + hairworks my FPS was around 37-40 but I only tested that in the fighting tutorial area.
Just a information maybe someone is interested to use these parts.
The game is beautiful :D

Hey, folks! 2 hours left to work and then back home to install W3. I bought a new PC just for this game.

i7-4790
Asus Strix GTX970
8 GB RAM HyperX FURY CL10 [HX316C10FRK2/8] PC3-12800

Was really hoping my rig could really take it at 60 FPS on Ultra with Hairworks on but I guess I was wrong.

Where do you see the FPS count anyway? Do you open a console or is there a way to toggle it on/off?

Hey, folks! 2 hours left to work and then back home to install W3. I bought a new PC just for this game.

i7-4790
Asus Strix GTX970
8 GB RAM HyperX FURY CL10 [HX316C10FRK2/8] PC3-12800

Was really hoping my rig could really take it at 60 FPS on Ultra with Hairworks on but I guess I was wrong.

Where do you see the FPS count anyway? Do you open a console or is there a way to toggle it on/off?

Bro I am 100% sure your PC will run ultra, check mine post above with my rig and it runs ultra at 37-40fps.
Your i7 is way stronger than mine i5 and you have more ram so prepare for ultra xD

I used msi afterburner to view fps count

Bro I am 100% sure your PC will run ultra, check mine post above with my rig and it runs ultra at 37-40fps.
Your i7 is way stronger than mine i5 and you have more ram so prepare for ultra xD

I used msi afterburner to view fps count

Here's to hoping it will, dude :) Been monitoring this thread from the day it was created (I'm certain I'm not the only one). The Witcher in an open world environment - holy cow!

Do you think one can use Fraps to count FPS in the game? It certainly works that way in other games and when you need to record gaming footage.

Last edited:
Hey new info with my rig I turned EVERYTHING to uber and just turned off Hairworks and I still get 60fps :D
But when I was in town I had slight fps drops due to only 4GB ram :S

Fired it up for 90 mins after work last night.
Specs:
I5 3570K
GTX 970
res: 1680 x 1050
I didn't use MSI Afterburner to check fps yet but I decided to be bold and crank everything up and turn on hairworks. Game ran pretty smoothly. I didn't notice any hitches or lag or anything in fights or the village that would make me think the fps was taking a dip.
The game looks beautiful however if I have one quibble it would be the color saturation is really high so that it feels less realistic and more like walking around in a pretty painting. That's on one level very pretty but not as realistic as I was expecting. But I suspect that can be tweaked and even changed in a patch. My main concern was how would it run and it's running fine so far. I might not be hitting 60fps but I wasn't feeling a lack of performance. My resolution probably helped in that respect.

Playing it now, with everything on ultra (except with shadows on high and motion blur+depth of field off) I get 45-50 fps. By the way anybody now where to change Gamma? My version is 1.02 but gamma is nowhere to be found in the video options.

Top Bottom