when does the game ask you the tw2 questions?

+
when does the game ask you the tw2 questions?

did i mess something up? I didn't import because i thought, the hell with it, I'll choose myself.. too many tw2 saves

but im hunting the gryphon and it hasn't asked me anything at all. I chose "false' for "assume a save"

did the exact same thing since i dont want a default world state and i want to answer questions, haven't talked to anyone yet, havent killed the griffon yet either.

I believe it will ask you after you complete the griffin quest and leave White Orchard

I got my shave and spoke with the king of nilfgaard.. nothing.

---------- Updated at 05:11 AM ----------

oh for **** sake... you need to turn simulate save import ON to be asked the questions... way to go CDPR... very explicit.. not vague at all.

I got my shave and spoke with the king of nilfgaard.. nothing.

---------- Updated at 05:11 AM ----------

oh for **** sake... you need to turn simulate save import ON to be asked the questions... way to go CDPR... very explicit.. not vague at all.

Can confirm that it seems that you need to have the simulate save import on in order for the questions to be asked. I agree, it's not made particularly clear. I've completed the prologue area and no questions asked. I'm a bit torn, not sure what the default world state is. I'm tempted to just go with it, but it might depend on what exactly the default is...

Actually, it shouldn't be ON because new people will be even more confused. It is not THAT hard to see this option, really.

BTW, I wonder what is a default option is without import/questionnaire, or there is none, and game picks up choices randomly.

I started the game with TW2 save simulator ON, but I didn't receive any questions... when does the game ask them?

I started the game with TW2 save simulator ON, but I didn't receive any questions... when does the game ask them?

I don't want to spoil too much, so I'll comment it like this: Save Simulation (when active) is sewn into story and it's performed before "important audience", so just play and have fun.

Last edited:
So if you choose "Simulate Witcher 2 Save" OFF, then some default decisions are made right? What are these default decisions? Or can someone point me into the right direction where I can find what the decisions are as in whos alive and whos not from witcher 2 with TW2 Save - OFF?

I don't want to spoil too much, so I'll comment it like this: Save Simulation (when active) is sewn into story and it's performed before "important audience", so just play and have fun.

That answer is not clear at all. at the beginning I choose to put the simulate option ON. Now will I receive the questions somewhere in the game or not? I'm afraid to continue playing because it's possible that I have to start all over again.

That answer is not clear at all. at the beginning I choose to put the simulate option ON. Now will I receive the questions somewhere in the game or not? I'm afraid to continue playing because it's possible that I have to start all over again.

...same

The dev answer is crystal clear: just continue playing and before important choices you will get the chance to simulate TW2 save choices, throu dialog options I believe.

Ok, so to dispel your doubts:[Spoiler Alert]It's performed in Vizima castle, during dialogue with Morvran Voorhis. When Save Simulator is ON, there is an extra dialogue - Morvran needs to finish his paperwork and he will ask you few questions about your past.Hope it's clear now!

If I clicked import save then it's on correct? I couldn't find a save simulator option.

Unless i am doing something really wrong, you can either click on on or off, if you don't want to import a savegame. But if you have a savegame, you can import it as third option.

When i click on import savegame, the game starts promptly. I am also past the "audience" and i got no further questions, because i imported the savegame and the game knows already my answers, at least that's how i explain it to myself, hoping i am right.

Edit:
so, i just read quite a lot now.

If you import a savegame, you are fine. You won't get any Q&A session, because the game just gets the information from your save game, kinda obvious.

Last edited:
So, basically is there any option to revert the setting for 'Simulate Witcher 2 Save' from Off to On or vice versa?I chosen OFF but I am kinda regretted it if I am not able to answer the questions during the Vizima scene. >.

So, basically is there any option to revert the setting for 'Simulate Witcher 2 Save' from Off to On or vice versa?I chosen OFF but I am kinda regretted it if I am not able to answer the questions during the Vizima scene. >.

Yeah, me too...

I sent PanKamien a private message to see if he'll disclose the default selections for the 4 questions that are asked after the prologue. Hopefully he'll respond and clear things up for all of us.

Top Bottom