Collector's Edition Statue problems

+
Received my CE today and the statue is disappointing... it doesn't seem to be very carefully painted & there are a lot of paint splashes; it looks like it was done in a hurry. Geralt looks bad (especially his face), paint is slathered on quite thick obscuring a lot of the detail. The griffin is a little bit better than some of the others I've seen but there is what appears to be some kind of seam line at the back of it.

Some photos (it's hard to get decent pics as I don't have a proper camera so I had to use my phone):

View attachment 14486
View attachment 14487
View attachment 14488
View attachment 14489
View attachment 14490

Attachments

• tw3ce-face.jpg
    tw3ce-face.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 8,292
  • tw3ce-seam.jpg
    tw3ce-seam.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 805
  • tw3ce-geralt3.jpg
    tw3ce-geralt3.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 781
  • tw3ce-geralt2.jpg
    tw3ce-geralt2.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 905
  • tw3ce-geralt.jpg
    tw3ce-geralt.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 1,726
Bandai Namco Spain said: "No is our problem, it's CDProjektRed's problem"... It's disappointing!

So they throw the ball back at CDPR.... great. I guess we'll just have to wait for something official, like back with the W2 CE damaged bust. Still very sad indeed.

this is the prototype from the company that designed the statue: uDock.
of course this has been pro painted; but you can clearly see the quality that can be achieved.
as said: the statues in the CE packs are simply the end result of mass production and limited time taken to create the final paint job. its a real shame.

if id purchased the CE edition and got the quality of statue ive seen I wouldn't be chuffed at all! but then I can and would repaint that sucker asap! LOL

but then again: if you were to paint the figure with care and attention I would suggest a good 10+ hours of work involved!
your looking at:
base colour layers
then shading with washes/ inks
then highlights
then dry brushing
then blending
and each component will require that level of painting to produce a good result. so armour, skin, clothing, belts, various sections of the Griffin.

From the looks of mine it seems there's not much more than just base layers + shades applied, and very quickly & poorly at that.

from what ive seen I would agree.
its looks to me like there is some airbrush shading. then some base colours, an ink (thin paint) shadow wash and then some minor drybrushing (most obvious on the chainmail and the Griffins mane)

and as ive said: I will happily have a try at repainting anyone statue if they want it done.

Last edited:
from what ive seen I would agree.
its looks to me like there is some airbrush shading. then some base colours, an ink (thin paint) shadow wash and then some minor drybrushing (most obvious on the chainmail and the Griffins mane)

and as ive said: I will happily have a try at repainting anyone statue if they want it done.

It is a detail of you. But I can't afford that. I'd like to give an official response and solution. Thanks

The statue of The Lord's of the Fallen is amazing, I have it and his quality is impressive

Last edited:
So they throw the ball back at CDPR.... great. I guess we'll just have to wait for something official, like back with the W2 CE damaged bust. Still very sad indeed.

I think this is worse than the situation with the busts in the CE of TW2 - the problem with that was damage caused by inadequate packaging and it was resolved by just replacing them & packaging the replacements better... in this case there's no problem with the packaging; the statue itself is just *really* poorly painted. Still, I also hope that CDPR will do something about this situation as they did with the busts before.

I'm worried when i get mine later today hopefully(amazon uk).my witcher 2 was damaged,i did get a replacement bust and a medallion direct from CDPRED,but they should have learnt from last time and ensure everything is 100%.seeing as this statue works out about £70-80 assuming the artbook's worth around£20 ill return mine if the finish don't meet my expectations.

I have just this minute received mine, and it looks like the face was painted by a drunk 3-year-old. I don't consider this to be good for my £130! I paid £35 for my Kyrat Far Cry 4 edition and got a much better-looking figure.

I'm also seriously not happy about the whole key binding thing I hear a lot about. I haven't even opened my game yet. I'm hoping I can return it still. I play left-handed and change almost everything. It annoys me when the 10-15% of left-handed gamers are left out. It also sounds more troublesome with the multi-binding keys not carrying over like they do in Battlefield. There should be separate catagories for walking/riding etc..... so you can use the same key multiple times when it's remapped.

I think this is worse than the situation with the busts in the CE of TW2 - the problem with that was damage caused by inadequate packaging and it was resolved by just replacing them & packaging the replacements better... in this case there's no problem with the packaging; the statue itself is just *really* poorly painted. Still, I also hope that CDPR will do something about this situation as they did with the busts before.

I have the same hope.. right now it's not tolerable. I like my CE with a really nice artbook, but the statue doesn't live up to CDPR standards,. and definetly not upt o mine. I simply expect more for the price of the CE !

I'm worried when i get mine later today hopefully(amazon uk).my witcher 2 was damaged,i did get a replacement bust and a medallion direct from CDPRED,but they should have learnt from last time and ensure everything is 100%.seeing as this statue works out about £70-80 assuming the artbook's worth around£20 ill return mine if the finish don't meet my expectations.

Well the rest of the CE is *very* nice, it's just the statue that's really poor. I too got the CE of TW2 back when that launched & received a damaged bust, but CDPR rectified that problem - so I hope they'll do similarly with this situation.

Its here :) yay i'm .kinda scared to open it now lol.
Massive box .was expecting it to be like my Bioshock songbird edition size..will report back statues quality.hope iv'e not jinxed myself moaning before it even arrived.

Hello, today I received my Collector's Edition and I'm from Spain too (coincidence? xD):

The Silver Sword in my case is all black and don't have any blood splatter...

The wound in the griffin generates a "rectangle" of blood... ¬¬

And finally, the medallion have a black line in center (see the image 3)

I send an e-mail to Namco Bandai and I also attach 2 commercial images, this is one of them (find the differences):

Ps: Sorry for my english...

Hmmm, well was v well packed from Amazon,(makes a change) paint job isnt great but passable at a distance i guess.
But mine has ache. a lot of it has air bubble marks obviously when the resin was poured and one of the claws on the back leg is missing due to a large air bubble,but seems an attempt to paint it in was made. the painter should have rejected it before painting imo.
i await CDPR response.

Attachments

• w3ce.jpg
    w3ce.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Top Bottom