Game Freezing when browsing through inventory

+
And I get the problem too. Win 7 64 bit, AMD FX8350 and AMD R9 280X. Freezes within 2 minutes when browsing inventory or when reading a document or even reading the glossary (the first time it happened to me was while reading the bestiary).

I tried full screen or borderless, with or without gamepad... nothing seems to help. It seems however that the longer one stays in the inventory the more likely it is to happen (at least in my case).

I guess that with the very different setup mentioned in this thread we can safely assume that it is not hardware or driver related.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd add I'm getting this too. Win 7, i7 4770k, 970

I've tried everything in this thread but still getting the problem

I had this same issue and I believe I found something that has fixed mine so far. I have had no problems since changing mine anyhow. What I did is go to NVidIA Control Panel then to Manage 3D Settings. You then click on Program Settings tab and change Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance. I found this fix somewhere else and thought I would try it out and it seems to work for me. Give it a try, you may be surprised.

same problem. game freezes on cinematics. i hear voices but screen freezes. it happened 4 times and its been 2 hours to start playing. maybe nvidia driver(352.86) is the problem.
win8.1 64bit, i7-4720hq, 8gb ram, gtx980m

It´s happening to me as well, if I stay too long at menus, reading stuff on the bestiary or checking equipment on the inventory screen, it freezes, audio still going, have to alt+tab and end process. Really annoying since this is a RPG so lots of reading and stats checks to do!
I don't have a controller plugged in, just K+M, borderless or hardware cursor on/off makes no difference at all.
I5 2400 - GTX 670 - 12Gb Ram DDR3 (Playing on medium on settings and post processing). Please REDs can we get a response that you guys are on top of this?

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I have a strong hunch that switching control type input (ie, kb+m / controller) while in the inventory screen causes (or can cause) the freeze. In my experience, this can happen moments after exiting the inventory screen although it usually doesn't take that long. The input type switching has been the only consistent factor for me.

If there is anyone who exclusively uses kb+m and experiences the freeze as well, please reply so I can cross that possibility out.

Edit: Never mind, I see that lots of people without controllers are having the same issue.

Last edited:
Happening to me aswel: i5-4570, ATI 7800 series, 8gb ram, win8.1

It's so annoying I actually don't feel like playing anymore and stopped. Will try to tomorrow again and hope they will find a way to fix this. We don't know anything, if they are aware of it or not, are they working on this or something else, when can we expect some fixes. More communication would be appreciated!

I had this same issue and I believe I found something that has fixed mine so far. I have had no problems since changing mine anyhow. What I did is go to NVidIA Control Panel then to Manage 3D Settings. You then click on Program Settings tab and change Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance. I found this fix somewhere else and thought I would try it out and it seems to work for me. Give it a try, you may be surprised.

Did that, still happened.

AMD R9 280x user here. Freezing quite often, maybe 4 times per hour. Always during inventory browsing, never any other time. Music continues to play but have to end task from task manager and restart.

Just happened to me, was equipping my new loot and the screen froze, but the music continued to play.

I too am having issues with random freezing in the inventory.

i5-3570k, GTX 980 with 352.86 drivers, 16 GB DDR 3

Seems to be completely random. I can go half an hour, sometimes an hour. Last night I played for four hours without issue before it froze while performing routine actions in the inventory.

The game runs absolutely beautifully, otherwise. CD Projekt RED have a real masterpiece on their hands if they can fix the major bugs! Hopefully soon! I took a lot of time off work for this game and I would hate to have it ruined due to constant freezing :(

About the sixth time today.. It gets frustrating having to quicksave everytime before I go into my inventory and it gets on my nerves knowing it can crash any second.

How could things like this not been replicated in the extensive period of time the game was developed, seems like a lot of people are having this issue.

Wild guess here (or not) : Unfortunately it seems the game was first developed on consoles. You can guess and see the rest, as we all do, now on PC. Not much we can do on our end..Just give CDPR time to fix it.

Are CDPR good when it comes to PC ports and fixes? This is my first game of theirs. Are we in for a couple of days wait or weeks/months?

they are normaly good with fixes .. just remeber its a new release and they might not have seen it before .. should be fixt maybe in a hotfix within this week i hope if they can track the cause of that(i hope at least and i hope they read the forums =P )

Top Bottom