Xbox One Jutter/Frame Pacing issues effecting Core gameplay

+
Xbox One Jutter/Frame Pacing issues effecting Core gameplay

This is the biggest issue with the game right now needs to be fixed ASAP Basically the Xbox one version has a framerate between 30-37 FPS and this causes frames to drag on animations which in actual gameplay makes things jutter. It almost looks like a low framerate issue but since the games stay above 30FPS it is just the constant fluctuation of framerates that is causing this. This needs to be fixed by locking the Max Framerate to 30 FPS. This has been reported by Digital Foundry and NXgamer and also hundreds of people on various game forums. I played last night and noticed it right away and it is a pretty big issue that is effecting the very core gameplay DF http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-should-you-install-the-witcher-3-day-one-patch NXgamer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVphjF8XCFE

There are complaints/videos with similar judder on PC and PS4 with moving the camera about, with a capped framerate. The inconsistant framerate probably amplifies whatever that is on Xbox.

Whatever it is, it's terrible.

From what I've seen it is worse on the Xbox One but yea I've seen reports of the issue on both PS4 and PC. Most definitely needs to be addressed to allow the game to be enjoyable. It's hard to get into the game when he stutters every time I move him in the game.

True... i confirm this happens on PS4 too( my playing device)...i even thought for once that was my controller getting bad contact when moving the camera to look around slowlly on foot and on horse... it ruins the awesome experience this game is...the environments are beautiful.

PS4 - Same here. Worst when moving camera manually slowly left or right, lot less when game moves camera (by turning the character/horse), almost gone when using guided riding (hold canter button on horseback to follow road).

Changing the Camera sensitivity down to .70 helped alot with this issue
But the game stutters even without panning the camera. I can simply walk or jog around in White Orchard and the constant stuttering is immediately apparent. It's not as bad as it was in the dream at the very start (good grief was the stuttering horrible there), but it's still a major problem. I would say it's *THE* biggest problem with the game right now, since I can't bring myself to dig in and enjoy the game like I would any other RPG.

Last edited:
But the game stutters even without panning the camera. I can simply walk or jog around in White Orchard and the constant stuttering is immediately apparent. It's not as bad as it was in the dream at the very start (good grief was the stuttering horrible there), but it's still a major problem. I would say it's *THE* biggest problem with the game right now, since I can't bring myself to dig in and enjoy the game like I would any other RPG.
This is because of the unlocked frame rate I think. It's jumping between 30 and 40 FPS all the time. That should be an easy fix? Camera pan hitching is something else.

Top Bottom