Strange movement/camera judder effect on PC

+
Strange movement/camera judder effect on PC

I am using a xbox gamepad to play the game, but there is this strange judder as you move the camera around. It seems to be worse whilst riding a horse. It almost feels like the camera is trying to catch up to the horse therefore making it seem like stuttering (my fps counter still maintains locked 60fps). I am using a GTX 980 with an I7 processor, and I am even getting the same judder when using mouse and keyboard. I have even tried to manually cap the framerate to 60 using MSI afterburner yet the judder does not go away. I hope this gets fixed soon as I have seen other people reporting the same problem even on consoles.

Does the camera rotate at an inconsistent speed when you turn with a controller as well? Because I think I might have this issue as well and it's pretty annoying.

I have just tried rotating the camera whilst on the horse really slowly and it almost seems like a stutter or like a freeze but the world around is moving at a normal pace and my framerate is locked at a solid 60fps so something definitely is going wrong somewhere and it will have to be patched if they read this.

yeah same here on ps4, i was hoping it was because i havnt got the 1.02 patch yet, my game is only 1.01, im in uk. keep pressing the check for update but it says its the lates version

No mate. I'm in uk as well, got the 1.02 patch earlier today but the problem is still the same. Such a shame because I am enjoying it but this juddering breaks the whole immersion. Even with everything on low, and Ive got a gtx 980 overclocked.

Same issue here, I'm using the ds4 so I thought maybe that could be why, now I'm seeing people having the same issue with the xbox pad, not good. Using mouse and keyboard fixes the problem for the most part but I'd really like to just use the controller, frustrating to say the least.

I recorded a video of what I'm experiencing, would you say this represents your issues as well?

(FYI: This is running on a GTX 760 2GB + 8 GB ram + AMD FX6300
I think it's safe to say the controller doesn't matter, but this was played with a Nvidia Shield Controller)

I am pretty much getting the same as the videos quoted above, seems to be affecting all hardware (ps4, xbox one, pc w/nvidia or amd). I will post a video on youtube to show my problem later. Even with vsync off or locking the frame to a solid 60 or 30 same thing.

It seems to happen on all formats. It's very surprising that they haven't patched it before release since it's VERY obvious and really gets in the way of the experience.

Pretty much, "Exoda" from the neogaf performance thread posted a similar example. Below is exactly what I am experiencing even when frame rate is locked at 60 with G-sync, I've tried regular v-sync, forcing it via the driver, etc etc and the problem still persists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40i92-eKA0w&hd=1

Strange, this doesn't seem to happen to me with slow camera movements, only with fast onces in complex areas.

And my framerate is an inconsistent 30 - 50 fps with v-sync forced through the Nvidia Control Panel.

well there goes my hopes of downloading the pc version to cap the framerate, how can they release it like this, its not like you cant notice it, i noticed it as soon as i gained control, and it ruined the whole expericnce,l played for half hour then went to bed pissed off

Turn down the foliage distance from ultra to a lower setting, and lower the shadows to high or medium. And use SSAO not HBAO+. That got rid of the jankiness for me. Hairworks is also a huge FPS hit if you have a weak card. The 980 can handle it, except if you zoom in super point blank on geralt's head, then there is FPS drop (only when you're indoors and walk into a corner headfirst or something). If Hairworks is still messing you up, turn it off.

im reporting the exact same problem. I have a Xbox 360 pad using it on my PC.
This issue is also being discussed on Steam Forums. constant 72fps ( Nvidia Hairworks OFF ) but the stutter/ juddery camera movement while panning doesnt go away on others settings ( low --> ultra ) all have this annoying stutter. I hope the devs willfixx this asap.

This is a video I just recorded. Notice if you can the small skips as the horse moves slowly and when I stop to move the camera around slowly at first is worse.

Top Bottom