[PS4] Text is too small

+
Just to be sure, also open a ticket with their support so they can prioritize this issue accordingly. If support is getting swamped with these requests they will nag at the devs to fix this because they'll get tired of answering the same question over and over. Here is the link to their support: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Thanks for that, I've just submitted a ticket. Can't believe that such a fundamental flaw slipped through QA, I won't be playing again until it's sorted.

Just to be sure, also open a ticket with their support so they can prioritize this issue accordingly. If support is getting swamped with these requests they will nag at the devs to fix this because they'll get tired of answering the same question over and over. Here is the link to their support: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Very good idea - it's always best to try and go through the official channels. I have also submitted a ticket, and hopefully there will be enough nagging to encourage a fix in the near future. Seeing how many complaints regarding this issue are popping up all over the internet, CDPR should be receiving quite a few complaints...

I am also in great pain after viewing inventory while trying read all details ( PS4, 46 inch TV ).
I totally don't understand how this could have been done this way.
In this kind of games where crafting and world information are an immanent part of gameplay, where you spend a lot of time mixing, fixing, checking etc it is not acceptable to have such not ergonomic UI.

All inventory is not a good take at all - for instance when you view player stats on the other hand you must scroll to cover all info, why?????
There is so much free space everywhere screaming for being developed!!!

So far this is a gamebreaker for me ( along whit freezing cutscenes ) cause it takes all the fun and fluidity, my eyes and mind are squinted and tired.
Please do something with these obvious flaws.

I'm having this same issue I had to stop playing after 25 minutes I couldn't tell what I was looting I could barely read the glossary without standing up and walking up to my tv to see it. I have a 1080p sony bravia I don't think it's an issue with my set up.
Is it possible for them to patch text size or is that something that's not fixable once the game has shipped?

Just wanted to add my name to this thread (and there are many others with the same complaint). Playing on PS4 with a 55 inch TV, only the subtitles are borderline comfortable to read. The inventory screen is a nightmare; I can't make out what anything is. The glossary is also difficult to read, reading books which I've picked up is impossible unless I sit two feet in front of screen. I get headaches and have to stop playing after 10 mins or so. I have 20/20 vision, so I know my eyes are not the problem.

I will submit a ticket like the rest of you.

To Enable Zoom Feature on PS4: Go to Settings, Accessibility, and check off the Zoom box.
Then in the game, press PlayStation button plus Square to zoom. Press the same two buttons, or press circle to go back to the game.
It does help somewhat, but it' not a great solution by any means.

I find it a bit strange that none of the reviews have mentioned this. Sure, a few reviewers have mentioned the clunky inventory system, but I assumed that mostly referred to the system feeling a bit disorganised, so I was expecting something similar to the clutter in Mass Effect 1.

None of the reviews I have read have brought up the tiny text problem, but I suppose the game wasn't played in a living room environment, so the reviewers were probably sitting closer to their screens...

I still maintain that Witcher 3 feels like a fantastic game; it's just terribly marred by its nigh-unreadable text... :(

Last edited:
I submitted ticked too. How do you zoom on PS4?
In the accessibility menu under settings on the home screen you can activate it. You can zoom by pressing the home button + square. You can't do anything else when zoomed in though. but it REALLY helps when you're trying to read something in the menu etc.

I find it a bit strange that none of the reviews have mentioned this. Sure, a few reviewers have mentioned the clunky inventory system, but I assumed that mostly referred to the system feeling a bit disorganised, so I was expecting something similar to the clutter in Mass Effect 1.

None of the reviews I have read have brought up the tiny text problem, but I suppose the game wasn't played in a living room environment, so the reviewers were probably sitting closer to their screens...

I still maintain that Witcher 3 feels like a fantasic game; it's just terribly marred by its nigh-unreadable text... :(

The reviews probably didn't mention it because they review games in cubicles 3 feet from a monitor, same reason cd projekts testers likely didn't notice it.

I am so disappointed that I've already asked for a refund.

There is no reason to play a game with an excellent story and interesting lore if you cannot read a damn thing.

It is not funny to play this game right now. It must be fixed and I sincerely hope they will solve it. SOON.

Not just a matter of eyesight. Everyone I know is having this problem.

I cannot understand why there is no official response yet.
An apology at least.

This is a priority. I don't care about DLCs and other innecesary stuff.

Just focus on fixing the text size.
It destroys the experience right now. The game is broken because of that.

And yes, this is the first time I am asking for a refund. That proves how big the problem is.

That being said I will gladly pay again for the game when the text size gets increased.

Last edited:
As much as it hurts me to say this, I'll be sending my copy back if we don't hear anything official, regarding a future fix/patch, by this Friday. I really don't want to send the game back, but I also don't want a £45.00 game sat there doing nothing but depreciating in value while gathering dust.

I just got a response from the developer on my support ticket. Pretty standard:

Thank you for the information. We are currently investigating the issue and have forwarded the data to the right people.

Still, with a little luck it could mean that wheels are in motion for a future fix... *fingers crossed*

As much as it hurts me to say this, I'll be sending my copy back if we don't hear anything official, regarding a future fix/patch, by this Friday. I really don't want to send the game back, but I also don't want a £45.00 game sat there doing nothing but depreciating in value while gathering dust.

unless you mean return it to the store it's not possiable without you waisting money on shipping

Yeah, same I created an account to comment on this issue. I have a 40" 1080p TV and I'm only sitting a few feet away and it is really difficult to read the text on the inventory screens. This needs to be fixed ASAP; it is really ruining the experience for me.

Top Bottom