Problem with alcohol not marked as alcohol

+
Problem with alcohol not marked as alcohol

As the title suggests I have a problem with the item system and alcohol. You need strong alcohol like Dwarven Spirit or White Gull to replenish potions. But how do I know which of the alchemy items I have are strong alcohol? I only know Dwarven Spirit, Alcoholest and White Gull are alcohol because I have the formula for them. Maybe I do have some alcohol and I jsut don't have the formula for it. How do I know it is alcohol. There is not marking on the item that says, this is something you can replenish potions with! It would be very usefull if they could add this :)

Looking forward to any comment's.
:look:

Can anyone see how much alcohol you have left? My stuff was being refilled with alcohest. For the life of me I couldn't see it on my inventory. But it kept being used to refill the potions. Was it infinite? I dunno. I'd like to know.

Then, I noticed dwarven spirit was being used. So I thought... uh oh, my alcohest must be over. I knew I didn't have a lot of dwarven spirit on my inventory, so I started saving potions. But maybe the change to dwarven spirit had to do with one of the upgrades I did for one of my potions. And maybe the use of the alcohols doesn't really deplete them from your inventory, as if you were using only a little of it. Anyone know?

I'm loving the system so far - using it a lot. But I wanna know if the stuff has some scarcety or if it's really infinite. I don't wanna be saving stuff when I could be using it. And I also don't wanna run out of alcohol in the middle of a dungeon.

Yeah!, I drank all my alcohol in battle and when i went to the Inn I found out I had no Alcohol left!!!, not funny :(

As with most of the games I play I'm very stingy with potion usage and I try to maximize effectiveness. In TW3 this generally means using food over potions between fights (I can't meditate to restore health on my difficulty setting), trying to hold on to potions as much as possible and try to use a little bit of everything so instead of wasting 1 alcohol for 3 swallow doses I waste it on replenishing almost everything.

Question: does alcohol also replenish bombs and oils or do you use grease and other stuff for that?

Top Bottom