I created a Free Camera\FOV\ToD tool for screenshots

+
I created a Free Camera\FOV\ToD tool for screenshots

It's kinda like a photo mode.

Basically, I used Cheat Engine to create scripts that allow you to...
  • Freely fly around with the camera
  • Modify the Field of View
  • Pause the game (and still control the camera - great for action shots)
  • Change the time of day with hotkeys

Here's a guide on how to use it along with a download link.

Cheat Engine is mostly used for.... cheats... but I prefer to use it to hack camera systems so I can take better screenshots. I did not include any cheats in my table.

Here are a few screenshots using the features above

The camera hotkeys modify the camera's absolute coordinates, so it's not normal WASD movement. This takes some time to get used to. I'm trying to learn how to do normal WASD movement but it's a bit trickier coding that in Assembly and that's the only way I currently know how to do it.

Last edited:

Here's a guide on how to use it along with a download link.

Cheat Engine is mostly used for.... cheats... but I prefer to use it to hack camera systems so I can take better screenshots. I did not include any cheats in my table.

Here are a few screenshots using the features above

The camera hotkeys modify the camera's absolute coordinates, so it's not normal WASD movement. This takes some time to get used to. I'm trying to learn how to do normal WASD movement but it's a bit trickier coding that in Assembly and that's the only way I currently know how to do it.

Thank you man, I enjoyed a lot your free cam in TW2.

No doubt. Of all things for CD Projekt Red to forget. Console developer are ye now?

I'm sure CDPR would love to have something like that in their game, but chances are The Witcher 3 shipped with a lot of known bugs yet to be fixed and they're still working hard on those. A photo mode has to be implemented in a way that is easy to use and doesn't have bugs. And that can be a lot of effort.

Maybe they can add it later on. For now, we'll just have to rely on janky hacks like mine :)

Yes! A Pause key and a toggleable Hide HUD key please CDPR, simple and easy enough to do -- and would allow users to take stunning mid-combat shots, which get uploaded to share, and help market your game :)

WOW THANK YOU SIR SOOOOOOO MUCH!

No srsly, this is amazing find! It's perfect news for me because I will be able to make Witcher 3 machinimas / mini movies with brilliant scenaries and angles to them. Thank you again.

Pictures

Man, your Cheat Table is so awesome, these dudes simply dropped off their faces... :)

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-05-23 11-29-46-99.jpg
    witcher3 2015-05-23 11-29-46-99.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 199
  • witcher3 2015-05-23 11-31-23-35.jpg
    witcher3 2015-05-23 11-31-23-35.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 202
thanks for your effort !
However could you by any chance make a fov only mod (like in witcher 1 if you played it ) with 3 different toggable premade settings , one zoomed far out , one like now vanilla and 1 zoomed in like when indoors ( with geralt being on the left corner) ??
Also at the moment when using fov it unfortenetly affects the camera in cutscenes in a weird way , so I have to deactivate/activate it and adjust each time i do it.

this is a really nice tool. thanks a lot for making and sharing it, mate. :)

i would join the crowd now and will wonder -
is it possible to create an FOV only tool?
what i mean is that its a file that by running it the file will launch the witcher 3 and inject itself in it and run the latest modified FOV automatically? (so you dont have to run the file, run the witcher, alt-tab, modify FOV every time you run the game or load a save)

so in practice you run the tool, press the FOV toggle and change FOV to what you like. then every time you run the file it launches TW3 and that FOV you liked.... though the software would need to "reload" itself with every load :\ which seems even harder to do.

well.... just dreaming.
though for perfect experience changing FOV isnt enough. you'd need to change the location of the camera from geralt and THAT might require the REDkit.

Hey Jim! Is there by any chance a way to get rid of those stupid popups during cutscenes (or while using dlgshow to disable HUD) which tell you to press space to skip?

Does it work with 1.07?

Top Bottom