Game Freezing when browsing through inventory

+
Have this issue too. Accessing the inventory has a high chance to crash the game. Pretty annoying and immersion breaking bug. Please fix ASAP!

Happens to me too only when in the inventory screen. Must be bug with game given how many of us having same issue in same part of gameplay. I play on PC, not sure what versions everyone else is using.

Set frame-rate to unlimited under graphics settings. Stopped my freezing. Been recommending this on the forum the last few minutes. It worked for me, don't know if it is universal.

I can confirm this issue. Almost every time in the inventory, the game freezes up. Had to logoff windows to kill the proc. I am using the GOG version, galaxy client.

Win 8.1 Pro x64
AMD FX-8350
8GB 1866MHz DDR3
Gigabyte Radeon 7970 GHz Edition
Catalyst 15.4 Beta (Latest driver)

Please fix it fast, this issue happening with everybody and with any cpu-gpu-driver combinations. The game is almost unplayable.

This has started happening to me, just this evening about 5 freezes all in the inventory. Very annoying, but hopefully a fix appears soon. On that note does anyone know anything about the site gamerrors com? They have a patch for Witcher wild hunt errors and the sites I look at them through consider them 80% trusted

the article is named: How to fix the witcher 3: Wild Hunt errors, crashes, freezes, performance issues. Don't know what the rule is on linking so not putting a link.

---------- Updated at 10:57 PM ----------

Can confirm unlocking framerate to be working for me. Put it to unlimited and don't seem to be crashing in inventory even when trying to, using it a lot, stopping to read books, moving fast with the mouse over items, switching fast between screens etc

I have the same problem. I have windows 7 64-bit, and have a GTX 980M with the latest updated drivers. The game will freeze not only on inventory, but on the meditation screen. And the longer you stay on the inventory screen, the more likely it will freeze .

Happened to me too a couple of times. I unlocked the framerate and ticked off 'fullscreen'. So far no crashes. But I did one more thing too besides the above... I sold all the books and notes that were cluttering my inventory. I suggest getting rid of the stuff you absolutely don't need. Perhaps the amount of items in the inventory somehow contributes to the problem.

Steam says I have played 7.7 hours. In the first 4 hours, last night, I got at least 6 of those inventory screen crashes. Since the framerate limit change from 60 to unlimited, almost 4 hours of play today, I had zero. I will take that.
16 hours played now, still zero crashes of any kind since changing the framerate limit from 60 to unlimited.

So I tried all the "fixes" mentioned today, was playing about an hour with no issues, browsed inventory a lot, created some potions, equipped new weapon, etc all worked fine, then BAM! the game crashed while reading in the bestiary, sound stayed on, couldn't alt tab, had to do a ctl, alt, dlt, bring up the task manager and could see witcher3.exe not responding, but could not actually bring any windows to the front, my desktop was black but the music from the game still playing, I could navigate the taskbar though and do a start then restart.

Same issue since launch.
3.5Ghz i5/GTX 970/8Gb RAM
Game runs beautifully on ultra w/hairworks turned off....all except for this bug that is. Happens very randomly, but more so the longer you stay in the inventory.

I did manage to lessen the frequency in which I encounter this bug by switching to full screen in settings and rolling back my Nvidia driver.

I have tried most of the suggestions here. At first you think its solved and you play with no problem and then it start to crash once again.

I'm waiting for a patch right =/

Having the same problem. 3 times yesterday in 10 minutes. I have a GTX 970 and FX-8320 OC'd to 4.4GHz, so it isn't my hardware. Please fix this!

Top Bottom