BIG patch coming in 6-7 days

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the #downgradegate thing is, 'imo', both a misunderstanding and a lack of communication on how the game and the footage (from 2013 mainly, which was used for comparison on a lot of forums) was not gonna be the retail game that we'd have at home on PC. Clearly the game as of 2013 was in a state where the implementation of all the stuff we have now was just prototyped, the game development routine. They showed us what they had to show, what they could at least.

Surely the draw distance for the land and all the assets was insane, but I'm really doubting our computers could handle all the things as of now. At least with the software, the hardware, and the APIs already implemented. They talked about the new API DirectX 12, maybe we'll get really close to the 2013 footage in the near future (Enhanced Edition ?). The API was benchmarked with several specific softwares, and it showed some great improvements on both the CPU and the GPU load, and how visually we could go further with what the current generation of hardware.

There's surely some optimizations magic on the way. There's also bugs to fix, the inventory crash, staying too long in the inventory and you get 2 fps until you relaunch the game, that kind of things. Maybe modders will tweak some things to enhance our experience. There's always room for improvements. And they're listening to the community, not like some others companies. They're not done with the Witcher 3 ;d

I don't get why they are always talking about the 2013 aspect of the game in comparison with the final product. CDPR said it several times, they decided to change the whole rendering process, i'm okay with it, its their choice. I was already pretty sceptical about the old build. It looked way to beautiful in comparison of what we were used to see. But then, what happened to the E3 2014 graphics, or just a few weeks after it, the 35 minutes gameplay demo? We can cleary see that the game was pretty similar with what we have now, but at the same time very different. It had so many more details, the atmosphere was better (colors, water) and they were more details in general. It looked like the walls had tesselation (which we dont have in the final product on PC), the draw distance was better, etc.

What happened to that game, what we could saw just a few months ago ?

EDIT : The 35 min footage is the reason I was upset about the finals graphics of the game, like many other gamers that have a good PC to run a game smoothly. 35 minutes is a long footage, I thought : "Well looks like the final product isnt gonna be very different from what we've seen in this long demo", and then, in January 2015, they were these trailers released with a game what had totally changed. But dont get me wrong, I've already played a lot of hours, and I love this game, it would have been a perfect game if it looked like it did in the long footage.

Please apologize my bad english, I hope I was clear enough :p .

Last edited:
the patch must solve the options/settings problem, the changes in graphic , fullscreen change save and controls, key bindings, don't get saved,

Hello,i wanted to make sure you're aware of this problem.It's literally bugging the shit outta me lolhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky5I5EZB9aAAnimations stutter/jitter while riding a horse or walking on foot,there seems to be no problem while running or galloping.many people on different platforms are experiencing this.

Somehow I'm not surprised, because certain elements in this game feel under cooked...again. I hope the key binding and inventory issues are addressed.

edit- wow, that interview's a strange mix of honesty and denial. No matter, they're doing what they do, and that's post release support. I hope all goes well.

Last edited:
Great work CDPR, give us PC users what we deserve.....the game feels right now very much consolized if that makes any sense. Feels like a console game, clunky controls, popin's, low fps in cut scenes, awkward animations when running, jumping, picking up loot, sudden stopping, bad lighting at night and indoors.

---------- Updated at 12:37 AM ----------

I hope the patch(es) at the very least re-introduces the quality level from the 35 minute game play trailer.

Yes I hope so too, the game just doesn't feel like it looked in the e3 demo at all. Hard to put my finger on it, but everything just feels and looks off.

i like how he made it clear that if this was a PC exclusive the game would be nowhere what it is in terms of content , money talk people walk in the end , thats why i cant help but shake my head at the clueless elitists who were calling for this game to be a pc exclusive as if they were going to fund CDPR lols

Does that mean this patch is coming for PC like tomorrow or something? PC doesn't need a cert process right?

Personally i Dont really care about MELTING my vga, instead I would prefer to see some fix for the lovely crashes tha accour every 10-30 mins of gameplay.
Dont want to seem grim but the game is pretty shitty optimized and the people who complain about this are increasing.
This is a damn console port, never think I would ever say epecially about this company

Few things Id like to see:in this patch:-Option to turn off monster names. So that there wasnt any indication at all during fights.-Geralt being able to break things without using smith.-3D Vision support.-Option to disable cartoon narration during loading.-Optional W1 style alchemy.

One more request. Devs, PLEASE add more info to crafting screen. We cant see bonuses on weapons, is armor light or heavy and other important stuff. Its unaccaptable. Preview window should have full details on item

I am 99.999 percent sure that this patch will inlclude the blood effects from earlier 2014 builds.

Because the Geforce tweak analysis found "dynamic decals" which when activated don't appear to do anything and seem bugged at the moment. Bugged..or currently inaccessible..

Other than that, I hope for some better quality mapping and tessellation, maybe an option for a stronger depth of field. The game is gorgeous already though

Not to mention that the aard effect is still completely broken. Enemies and objects react like a half second late, and the objects literally float instead being..well, blasted like they should.

Also, I find that when fighting certain enemies like drowners, after killing them their bodies kinda bounce before falling. Anyone else notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom