Collector's Edition Statue problems

+
There is a thread about that. Marcin already replied that this wasn't normal and asked people to contact him on his email adress.

Glad you got a response! I got a mild response from the place I purchased mine from, and I assume they are in contact with someone as well. I really hope this situation can be resolved.

EDIT: I have recieved a $20 gift card in compensation from the store I purchased the edition from.

Last edited:
OK, thanks !
Great answer from Marcin, that makes sense !

Looked for such a thread, but didn't find it...
is there no search button on the board ? Or am I as blind as the guy who painted this statue ?
;-)

So who are we meant to mail?

See below. Marcin seems to be the go-to person on this. There's some back and forth regarding the Bandai Namco / CDProjektRed, but Marcin at CDPR is the person who asked to be contacted about it. Some people also seem to be mailing media@cdprojektred.com as well.

This doesn't look as intended - really sorry about this. Please contact Spanish Bandai Namco branch - they should be able to help you.

If you have any other questions regarding this topic, do not hesitate to contact me via email at marcin.momot@cdprojektred.com.

Bandai Namco Spain said: "No is our problem, it's CDProjektRed's problem"... It's disappointing!

I just received a response from Namco Bandai: "Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us. The figures have been produced by CD Projekt, as we only distribute the game but talk to them to tell us if the quality is not what it should and how to fix it."

CDProjekt RED says that we have to contact with Namco Bandai: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-Figure-(CE)?p=1674787&viewfull=1#post1674787 and Namco Bandai says it's a matter of CDProjekt RED: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-Figure-(CE)?p=1677011&viewfull=1#post1677011

:shrug:

before 'spamming' Marcin, better mail to collector_items@cdprojectred.com that's the mail I got from the team. They will tell you to wait though, as they first need to resolve this issue themselves. Give them some time, they released the game on tuesday and there is a lot that needs taken care of.

response from Namco-Bandai

Good morning,

The figure, as well as the content it produces CD Projekt. However we send them your query to check if this is how it should be.

A greeting,

Jose Carlos Tapia
Community Manager
NAMCO BANDAI Entertainment Iberica

This is the second (and last time) I have been cheated by CD project. My witcher 2 bust was damaged due to bad packaging and this time my.... let's say a mixture of Santa Claus and Count Dooku figure (because this figure doesn't represent to Geralt at all) is soooooo badly painted. I think they used the same type of paint which is used to paint walls, and the same guy who paint that walls have painted the figure too. I'm very dissapointed about the quality of the figure, the piece of wood incrusted on the griffin's wing was broken too; and the finished painting is completely awful. This figure has nothing to do with the one CD project announced long ago. I can understand that it would never be the same finished of that one, but a year waiting for this piece of s*** and have paid 70€ more for it..... no thanks.
I'm not going to show any photos because I returned the collector edition and the game immediately to the shop when I opened the box and saw that horrible figure. Next time i'll think twice before reserving another CD Project's game collector edition. I'm really very very very dissapointed with you, real fans doesn't deserve things like this...

Well, my CE got absurd custom fees thanks to UPS, basicaly I've paid 220 USD to Gamestop, with the shipping costs, and the custom fees were almost another 220 USD. Seeing the horrendous quality of the statues (even of the "good" ones) I suppose it's better to loose 220 USD and live without it. (since I was probably going to hide it anyway) Unfortunately I'll loose the artbook and gog key as well...

Last edited:
Anyone in the US have issues? I think it's ok but not sure. The face on mine is somewhat dark. Can someone post what is should look like?
Edit: I don't know when the deadline to get a replacement is, but I want a comparison shot so I know if I need to call and who to call from the states. I don't have international calling. Alo the reason I havent asked yet is I'm recovering from surgery and I just recently thought to check.

Last edited:
Ok I'm from Spain too and in my case Geralt's face is not that bad, it's pretty ''decent''. Surprisingly, I'm gonna show you some images of little mistakes in the clothes and gryphon...

I'd say I don't care, it's not really a problem. A bit disappointed at first but I see it as a minor mistakes... (or at least I want to see it like that)

This is why I don't feel compelled to reorder my cancelled CE from Gamestop. Any hand painted statue looks like a cheap Christmas ornament in most cases. Had they left it a monochrome color, white or grey, the statue would be far more pleasing imo. Why pay 150 usd for a dashed off assembly line paint job? I'm glad my Geralt TW2 bust didn't get such a treatment. Plus, no cloth map, and no card deck for the PC version. Two of the things I most highly prized.

Last edited:
Here are my closeups. Geralt's head is the worst (toy figurine quality) but isn't on the scale of hideous. Truth be told, the figure looks much better from the back, and since I'm not placing the statue in the middle of a room, I'll probably put it with the back facing forward. The details of Geralt's back are the best part, and also facing up so you can see it with nice lighting, while the front of his body will never be well-illuminated unless you shoot spotlights at it. Other than the head (of course, this should have been of utmost importance with him being the protagonist), it's fairly nice. What do you guys think? I'm really not a visually observant person so please do tell if you notice anything glaring I missed.

@Mirandir an wasn't addressing you.

Secondhand butthurt?

Mirandarin*

You were just trying to be a smart ass to someone trying to make a point about the quality of the statues. Along with trying to be one again. This thread is about discussing the issues and discontent in the statues. You post on a public forum, anyone can address you or respond to you regardless of who you specifically address.

Seems some of you are lucky, like Garrison72.

My Geralt statue's face is hideous, bloody eyes, half painted beard... maybe the guy who painted it was half blind...

But check the best part :
The statue was broken on the rock behind Geralt’s foot, so there's a hole in it !

Seems CDProjekt Red QA saw the defect : when opening the CE's box, I saw there is a nice (!) sticker with a red arrow glued to the statue showing the defect and the hole !!!

Seems they saw the defect and decided to sell it anyway !

I contacted Marcin, but still no answer...

Check on enclosed picture the hole and the ugly painted face of Geralt.

Quite a deception for me as well. I hope CDProjekt will have a replacement policy, as they had for The Witcher 2 CE broken statues.

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 65
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 70
Top Bottom