BIG patch coming in 6-7 days

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news:A big patch coming with 600 changes

"A big patch with 600 changes - including improvements to graphics and graphical settings - was sent to certification (Wednesday 20th May), and will take between five and seven days to clear. There will be patch notes covering it all.

In addition, CD Projekt Red will patch the game to allow editing of .ini files on PC, to push graphical settings even higher. You will be able to tweak grass and vegetation density, post-processing effects such as sharpening, and draw distances. The .ini patch will arrive soon after the other patch. "And we think about some other tricks but we need time," Adam Badowski says."
Big patch with 600 changes

I see that the patch will improve graphics... Sounds like a patch geared towards the PC as the PS4 could use a downgrade, considering how it currently performs.

Looking forward to whatever fixes may be PS4 bound though, 600 is a big number.

This was interesting to read. It's good to know they are working on things. I have no doubt they'll try their best to make it up to us. This kind of message should have been released weeks ago when the whole downgrade dram started. I'm sure peoples would have understood. i know I would have.

Only thing that is worrying me is this: A big patch with 600 changes - including improvements to graphics and graphical settings - was sent to certification (Wednesday 20th May), and will take between five and seven days to clear.

That means the patch is ready for PC, but they are waiting for MS / Sony certification to release it. This I can't agree with. There is absolutly no justification whatsoever why the PC community should wait for the stupid MS / Sony certification. That's just another slap to the PC players faces =(

MY PS4 performs great , so no thanx to your downgrade suggestion.

People's opinion on what great is is subjective. For me, a frame rate that rarely sits at 30 is not great. However, I'm probably more unforgiving of poor frame rate than others.

Wat they're waiting for the cert process for consoles before releasing on pc? That's fking stupid

This.

Or they are working on additional ini tweaks and graphics shaders and the like on PC. We don't know. I just hope they don't hold it back for simultanious release. =/

I really wanna play the game because it's so damn good but i also don't wanna play the inferior version now, knowing there is this giant patch coming. :(

Wat they're waiting for the cert process for consoles before releasing on pc? That's fking stupid

maybe because MS / Sony have imposed that anything that get released for TW3 must be released at the same time on all platforms. Wouldn't surprise me sadly. They stated that without the console market, they would never had enough money to make this game as it is now. And I'm willing to bet that a lot of this money came from investors keen on seeing the game released on crappy next gen consoles.

So now, PC players have to wait. because you know, MS / Sony rules.

Great to hear this news!

I hope they keep on patching the game way beyond the release, but i hope not only graphic issues!

Great to hear this news!

I hope they keep on patching the game way beyond the release, but i hope not only graphic issues!

They probably will since they are already working on 2 expansions so I expect patches for at least 1-1,5 years actively.

One thing i think they should improve on console or game controller settings in general. The camera angles sucks a bit. I wish the camera moved behind Geralt when you lock on without having to lock on. Because changing lock on target is way to slow too. I don't know how many times I have did on hardest difficulty because I changed camera angle and missed the dodge, as I use same finger for right stick and the buttons. I think this is no problem with a mouse though. Also it sucks that you cant counter attack without locking on target first.

If they cange that this game is 10/10 for sure. But I have to take off 1/2 a point for some minor but still anoying things like that witch sucks because it's so close to be a perfect game.

hello, can you please implement a locked 30fps on xbox one also. the unlocked 30-40 fps with the framepacing being all over the place produces an experience which is tiresome. it is just easier for us players and more preferable if you would lock the fps at 30 just like the ps4 to have a better experience. thank you

That seems a very good response :) I'm eagerly awaiting to see how they will improve the game. If I may I have two requests:

1) Please improve IA.
As seen from many videos the zone-linked enemies do not work, because sometimes the zone is very small. It's not good to see them getting to the edge of their "zone" and then politely stare at you even if you are 2 metres away and/or wating to be killed by hundreds of bolts without reaction. Without rewriting the system it seems logical to add a second small IA zone which shifts alongside the enemies itself, so that when you are close to them they continue to attack and pursue you. Other than this, the enemies often seem to be stuck running on obstacles.

2) The ever spawning "Controller detected" message. Even if I do not touch the keyboard. Don't know why and if others have experienced it.

3) Many PC users are adding filters to recreate the "trailer" atmosphere, basically colder and with added sharpening. I seem to recall that devs already said that those settings were judged eye-straining and therefore nerfed, adopting the current ones. That could have been a wise choice, but since everyone is looking for that atmosphere I don't think it would be difficult for devs to give the possibility to use those or similar settings to the users, maybe even a couple more, via an option in the post processing menu. Of course it would be more balanced than using reshade/sweetfx (even if there are talented guys around who already made really sweet presets) and users would play without the very minor, but still present, performance drop.

Hope these small suggestions are appreciated. :)

MK Tama this is how you get rid of the annoying "Controller detected" message. - Go to your Witcher 3 folder location and go into this folder:"...\The Witcher3\bin\config\base" Open up "hidden.ini" with notepad. Change "LockControlScheme=0" to "LockControlScheme=2"

3) Many PC users are adding filters to recreate the "trailer" atmosphere, basically colder and with added sharpening. I seem to recall that devs already said that those settings were judged eye-straining and therefore nerfed, adopting the current ones. That could have been a wise choice, but since everyone is looking for that atmosphere I don't think it would be difficult for devs to give the possibility to use those or similar settings to the users, maybe even a couple more, via an option in the post processing menu. Of course it would be more balanced than using reshade/sweetfx (even if there are talented guys around who already made really sweet presets) and users would play without the very minor, but still present, performance drop.

Adding some sort of "legacy" postprocessing option that would get rid of the yellow tint filter and bring back the gritty sharpened world would be nice. But to be honest SweetFX and reshade are doing the job fine with some tweaking. I'd rather like they work on the blood splatter and decals, the AI and the controls scheme and movements.

I'm sure we will have some nice suprises in the coming months regarding the content of the updates / patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom