• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Adding my +1 for 3D Vision support, or at least some help for the community. As a developer I understand the temptation to strip headers/symbols from the shaders, but as a developer *AND* modder I would discourage it as it really has no measurable benefit and just makes everyone's lives harder.

A is for Duck..... Please turn off the kindergarten NPC name tags.

There is a lot of options for immersion by turning off just about everything on the hud, except NPC critter name tags.

Could you please add an option to turn these off. When running through woods, even though a rabbit is not visable you see the NPC name tag 'rabbit' bounding & when it comes into view, there it is with the state the obvious tag.

Also when going to an outskirts farm & there is a chicken, it will say chicken.....

It's like

I understand this game takes into account new comers but how new? As new as kindergarten?

It's an 18+ game. Please turn off the kindergarten name tags as it will increase the immersion to the full.

Thanks heaps.

Oh & by the way. This is a Whale

/sarcasm

Last edited:
Yeah I would be in that too, nothing like enjoying the beautiful environments and then running into some animals with their name above them, I think we know what they are, don't mind them with enemies so you know what you are dealing with but not on every wild animal?!!

Or keep the tags ONLY when you mouse (or whatever with a console) over something. So if you want to find out if that duck is really a duck you can.

Yes, I had a lot of fun, when you first read the game: cat, dog, goose, horse, boy, rabbit, hare .... Oh, no - this is the K-18 GAME, not to toddler children's dictionary.
Otherwise, I do not like to mention the introduction of excessive information in the game, because it 'eats' element of surprise, which is an essential part of a good game. I like that wolf / The enemy is attacking by surprise, and there is no script to notify me in advance. Second, the great flood name of the game takes physical beauty down. Only the relevant data of the game is important.

Im not alone thank you. I want to take of labels too. The thing is if I never saw a drowner how would I know his name? I haven't the information in my book then.

How about names of NPC that have quest for you or you can talk to them in dialogue while making all other npc without names.

[REQUESTS] Quality of Life/Nitpick Improvement Issues Thread of ALL

Not sure if there is a fix for this?

But I am very disappointed that the interface of the game plays and feels like a console port.

Please give me a hot bar.

Please give me access to quick cast, circle interfaces that pop up to select spells and bombs is outrageous.

I don't want to have to go into my inventory to apply potions every 20 hits.

I don't want to have to choose a spell then press another key to cast it.

Give us PC users the freedom we deserve, and not restrictions to the game controls, that is so heavily influenced by consoles.

Please give me my freedom back. I have a keyboard and mouse, let me use them.

Thanks guys.

If anyone knows of any game config files i can change to implement this I will be extremely happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has to be said, unless I'm missing something, I do find it discourages sign use, when using a controller to keep going into sign selection. I think it disrupts the flow of battle or simply encourages spam of one sign. I don't have a magic solution of how it could be any quicker admittedly as controllers only have so many buttons...

Has to be said, unless I'm missing something, I do find it discourages sign use, when using a controller to keep going into sign selection. I think it disrupts the flow of battle or simply encourages spam of one sign. I don't have a magic solution of how it could be any quicker admittedly as controllers only have so many buttons...

A simple solution would be to be able to have a quickcast menu where you can assign signs to LB+A, LB+B etc... works on a lot of other games.

As for PC, the limitiations doesn't make any sense to me. It's like they've never played a PC game before.

I really hope they can fix this.

TW3 General Feedback/Requests/Suggestions

i can't believe there is nothing in one of the configuration files to disable these annoying tags or at least massively reduce the distance at when they appear. A mod please!!!

Yes. They had quick cast options in the Witcher 2. But none are present in Witcher 3.

This is almost game breaking. I really hope they fix it, and like ASAP.

After reading all of this, what would be a nice option is the following:

Having an exclusive toggle for the NPC floating names.

Getting rid of things like: hare, goose, dog, child,... etc. would be cool.
Maybe even switching off the names+bubbles completely, but on two differen switches, so you can keep the names, or the speech+quest marking bubbles, or get rid of it alltogether.

Having an exclusive toggle for the NPC floating chatter.
This is for people who like having subtitles in dialogue, but no floating dialogue in the world.

Having an exclusive toggle for the dialogue subtitles
As above.

[REQUESTS] Quality of Life/Nitpick Issues Thread of ALL

I am really enjoying many aspects of this game. The story is good. The immersion is good.. but there are a handfull of tweaks that would make the quality of life in this game much better. I feel the list below distracts me from being able to fully focus on the gameplay and should be tweaked so it becomes a non-issue.

1 - Area Loot - Running over all the red dots on the map and spamming E doesn't feel rewarding and takes a lot of time. Area looting would solve this issue. Also when trying to loot big stacks of crates sometimes the camera won't lock on to some of them.. again area looting would solve this.

2 - Auto Pickup of Herbs - I can't use my horse because I see a node I have to pick it. I run around spamming E over herbs. Let herbs be auto pickup when you run over them please... or reduce the nodes by 95% and make them yield tons of herbs in a single loot.

3 - Durability / Repair System - Damage rate needs to be reduced 75%. Items break way too fast. Example.. I got stabbed 5 times in my face... better go repair my boots.. Makes sense right. Also remove the gold cost of durability and make repair cost mats? No need for a pointless gold sink. I already spend gold breaking down stuff into mats might as well require those mats for repairs.. makes more sense.

4 - Fall Damage - My greatest enemy is a 5 ft. drop. I can twirl around the battlefield leaping and rolling yet I can drop off a 5 ft. wall without crashing to my death. Sometimes when I fall I roll when I hit and other times just splat.

5 - Inventory Weight Issues - Just remove weights. I don't need to run back to town every 30 minutes because I'm overburdened. I mean if I can carry 15 swords around anyway the realism isn't there so just remove weights. Weight and inventory restrictions really only pull me away from the story and gameplay.

6 - Dismantle Tab Issues - First off, why the bleep is this tab filled with things that can not be dismantled? Second off, I want a "sell all junk" or "dismantle all junk" button

7 - Equipment Level Restrictions - I had the material to make almost every item for every pattern I knew... but I was level 7 and almost every single item had level restrictions. I hate it. Also.. How come I can use a rare sword that can freeze on hit yet I lacked the ability to wield a non-magical hatchet? I can't put on this pair of boots because of level? Items should be restricted by hard mobs. If I can kill it and loot it I should be able to wear it.

8 - Camera Zoom - Why can't I zoom in or out as far as I want or even go into first person? Can't even take a good screenshot. Sometimes I can't even target things to loot it because of the camera angles and lack of zoom.

9 - Regenerating Potions & Bombs - So I meditate and drink beer and magically all my potions and bombs are replenished? Uhh ok. So then do I even need to loot all the herbs I see? Is there a point to stocking up if I only gotta craft one potion one time? Not sure I fully understand the point to having all these herbs if I don't have to keep crafting.

10 - Can't kill anybody -
Game won't let me attack and kill anybody. I understand not being able to fight storyline characters but some peasant I found in the woods let me hack um up! After all who is around to see?

11 - Sprinting - I can't sprint forever. My bar eventually goes down and then I have to stop sprinting for 1 second and its full again. Just let me sprint forever since the stamina refills almost instantly anyway.

12 - Looting on horse - I can't loot on the horse so I choose not to even use it.

13 - Stealing - I can run into a house and steal everything and nobody tells a guard... yet I try to pick up an apple near a guard and they all go HAM on me. Although I found that I can sometimes position myself in odd places and loot it and they don't see me. Not sure how to fix this system.... but if a guard has his back turned or he can't see me then he shouldn't be able to detect me stealing.

14 - Quest Tracking - Track multiple quests at once. Kind of annoying to keep having to go back into the quest journal and reset the tracker.

15 - Hotkeys - Id like to be able to bind multiple consumables to multiple hotkeys. I don't like being restricted to R and F.

16 - Swapping to crossbow or swapping swords - This is the most clunky thing ever. Crossbow not only does horrible damage its a pain to swap to and from weapons. I don't like it pulling out my weapon for me anyways and sometimes I find myself pressing 1 or 2 on my own and then putting my weapon back up and find my self rolling around the battlefield trying to pull my weapon back out. Weapon swapping needs to be more instant and responsive.

17 - Monster EXP is non existent.- There seems to be no EXP reward for grinding / slaying monsters. Questing seems to be the only effective way to level. You would think that practicing my combat skills.. in combat.. would increase them faster than talking to people.

18 - No Buy Back System - A Sold an item for 6g on accident had to buy it back for 70g. As if anybody would deny The Witcher an even return when he hands you the wrong item.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really enjoying many aspects of this game. The story is good. The immersion is good.. but there are a handfull of tweaks that would make the quality of life in this game much better. I feel the list below distracts me from being able to fully focus on the gameplay and should be tweaked so it becomes a non-issue.

1 - Area Loot - Running over all the red dots on the map and spamming E doesn't feel rewarding and takes a lot of time. Area looting would solve this issue. Also when trying to loot big stacks of crates sometimes the camera won't lock on to some of them.. again area looting would solve this.

2 - Auto Pickup of Herbs - I can't use my horse because I see a node I have to pick it. I run around spamming E over herbs. Let herbs be auto pickup when you run over them please... or reduce the nodes by 95% and make them yield tons of herbs in a single loot.

3 -  Durability / Repair System - Damage rate needs to be reduced 75%. Items break way too fast. Example.. I got stabbed 5 times in my face... better go repair my boots.. Makes sense right. Also remove the gold cost of durability and make repair cost mats? No need for a pointless gold sink. I already spend gold breaking down stuff into mats might as well require those mats for repairs.. makes more sense.

4 - Fall Damage - My greatest enemy is a 5 ft. drop. I can twirl around the battlefield leaping and rolling yet I can drop off a 5 ft. wall without crashing to my death. Sometimes when I fall I roll when I hit and other times just splat.

5 - Inventory Weight Issues - Just remove weights. I don't need to run back to town every 30 minutes because I'm overburdened. I mean if I can carry 15 swords around anyway the realism isn't there so just remove weights. Weight and inventory restrictions really only pull me away from the story and gameplay.

6 -  Dismantle Tab Issues - First off, why the bleep is this tab filled with things that can not be dismantled? Second off, I want a "sell all junk" or "dismantle all junk" button

7 - Equipment Level Restrictions - I had the material to make almost every item for every pattern I knew... but I was level 7 and almost every single item had level restrictions. I hate it. Also.. How come I can use a rare sword that can freeze on hit yet I lacked the ability to wield a non-magical hatchet? I can't put on this pair of boots because of level? Items should be restricted by hard mobs. If I can kill it and loot it I should be able to wear it.

8 - Camera Zoom - Why can't I zoom in or out as far as I want or even go into first person? Can't even take a good screenshot. Sometimes I can't even target things to loot it because of the camera angles and lack of zoom.

9 - Regenerating Potions & Bombs - So I meditate and drink beer and magically all my potions and bombs are replenished? Uhh ok. So then do I even need to loot all the herbs I see? Is there a point to stocking up if I only gotta craft one potion one time? Not sure I fully understand the point to having all these herbs if I don't have to keep crafting.

10 - Can't kill anybody -
Game won't let me attack and kill anybody. I understand not being able to fight storyline characters but some peasant I found in the woods let me hack um up! After all who is around to see?

11 - Sprinting - I can't sprint forever. My bar eventually goes down and then I have to stop sprinting for 1 second and its full again. Just let me sprint forever since the stamina refills almost instantly anyway.

12 - Looting on horse - I can't loot on the horse so I choose not to even use it.

13 - Stealing - I can run into a house and steal everything and nobody tells a guard... yet I try to pick up an apple near a guard and they all go HAM on me. Although I found that I can sometimes position myself in odd places and loot it and they don't see me. Not sure how to fix this system.... but if a guard has his back turned or he can't see me then he shouldn't be able to detect me stealing.

14 - Quest Tracking - Track multiple quests at once. Kind of annoying to keep having to go back into the quest journal and reset the tracker.

15 - Hotkeys - Id like to be able to bind multiple consumables to multiple hotkeys. I don't like being restricted to R and F.

16 - Swapping to crossbow or swapping swords - This is the most clunky thing ever. Crossbow not only does horrible damage its a pain to swap to and from weapons. I don't like it pulling out my weapon for me anyways and sometimes I find myself pressing 1 or 2 on my own and then putting my weapon back up and find my self rolling around the battlefield trying to pull my weapon back out. Weapon swapping needs to be more instant and responsive.

17 - Monster EXP is non existent.- There seems to be no EXP reward for grinding / slaying monsters. Questing seems to be the only effective way to level. You would think that practicing my combat skills.. in combat.. would increase them faster than talking to people.

18 - No Buy Back System - A Sold an item for 6g on accident had to buy it back for 70g. As if anybody would deny The Witcher an even return when he hands you the wrong item.

I agree with you on many of these, but I think quite a lot of them need to be either optional, as they are an immersion issue, or done by mods (and therefore optional...)

But otherwise, dismantle tab, stealing, quest tracking and a buy back system wouldn't hurt anyone and would be greatly appreciated.

In some points you are right but I disagree with things like auto picking, looting on horse, forever sprinting, bottomless inventory,... Those kind of things would make it too simple. Of course it won´t be a realistic game but I personally really don´t like when a game is "friendly" in a way that everything is automatic, easy and as simple as it can be to make it "accessible"

Last edited:
Top Bottom