Regarding keyboard functions

+
Regarding keyboard functions

I don't know what most of you are using to play the game, but I am an older player and using a pc, The computer is not the problem, before anyone suggests that. It's an up to date super gaming computer so not an issue. I have a razor synapsis keyboard but think I might need to invest in a mouse with way more buttons. I've been playing DAI with no problems and the controls although they don't compare to the standard of play in Witcher Wild Hunt are still appealing to all age groups. But if they want all ages to be part of the wonderful Withcher world they are going to have to adjust or give links to adjust the PC key bindings. They are so complex that it has put me off playing until I get a new mouse. I am not alone with these issues. Here there's many more comments that have been made already complaining about the key bindings for pc players.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

regards, Jendowoz

Having to press shift (which I changed it to) and a direction key for dodging is a little poopy, but you can change some stuff in the INI. I don't think the toolkit is out yet (I could be wrong, I only started looking at the game last night), but soon enough modders will fix this kind of thing for you. Just keep an eye on the Nexus.

Thought I'd let you know, I have worked through some changes and it is a lot easier to manage. Such as, LMouse-quick attack RMouse-strong attack Mouse4-parry or block and various others. These few were the most helpful.

Jendowoz, OMG I have a few issues with key bindings myself. I look and there is no key assigned to pockets, yet I clearly need to activate an item in there, a bell for the goat to hear. Also, I can still not make middle button bring up the crossbow targetting dot so I have yet to use crossbow.

I also find dodge is so poorly placed on keyboard, that I just use the roll (space bar) with forward and backwards in combat. It's good enuf to avoid hits.

You can dodge by double pressing the wanted direction. Dodge left? A rapid "A+A".
Way better then pressing Alt+direction.

It would be handy if I could assign keys to toggle select the signs.. it seems only the mouse wheel allows you to do that.
My mouse wheel has a button on it which I really like to use for dodge... which means I constantly change signs without wanting to by slightly moving the mouse wheel.

Last edited:
hopefully this helps you guys out:
Hello!

I'm really sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. Please, do not worry though, we are currently working on implementing the option to set your own keybindings and it will probably be available in the next patch.

Hope you still get to enjoy our game in full!

Cheers,

Andrzej Marut

hopefully this helps you guys out:
Hello!

I'm really sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. Please, do not worry though, we are currently working on implementing the option to set your own keybindings and it will probably be available in the next patch.

Hope you still get to enjoy our game in full!

Cheers,

Andrzej Marut

Great news. :)

It would be handy if I could assign keys to toggle select the signs.. it seems only the mouse wheel allows you to do that.
My mouse wheel has a button on it which I really like to use for dodge... which means I constantly change signs without wanting to by slightly moving the mouse wheel.

I did a little rebinding of the keys myself not really sure there is a problem with keybinding.

Middle mouse button is dodge
Left control is quick item or crossbow/bomb attack
left alt is toggle walk/run
left shift is sprint and heavy attack.

having the middle mouse button as dodge was a huge help for me because I dodge more than i fire my crossbow or use a bomb and the left control works nicely for this attack.

Granted i ALWAYS change keybindings in games.

Specifically @gamertech100

You can use keys to select a sign.

3 - select Aard
4 - select yrden
5 - select igni
6 - select quen
7 - select Axii

These are straight out of the default keybinds for the game.

Last edited:
Dear Witcher Developers!

First of all I'm waiting this game veryery much. I love the previous Witcher games so I very excited when I bought this game. I'm very dissappointed when I tryed to change the key bindings. I have an x360 controller but it doen't very good to controll this game. I absolutely don't understand this decision about the mapping because in the previous games it worked perfectly. So please fix this issue for this awsome game.

Yours sincerely
a Witcher fan

I don't have any problems with the controls.. I just changed Witcher senses to V, Strong attack is now Right mouse button and for dodge moves I double tap the move keys.. no problems so far :) and the inventory screen is so much better to control with M+K

You can use keys to select a sign.

3 - select Aard
4 - select yrden
5 - select igni
6 - select quen
7 - select Axii

These are straight out of the default keybinds for the game.

Thanks for the message.. Yes I do use those key's to select the signs, it's just that they aren't ideal for a quick selection..
Selecting 6 or 7 in combat is a bit of a stretch away from the w, s, a & d key's.

What I was hoping to do was change the sign toggle select, which is the mouse wheel, to the Key's Q & Tab.
That way it would be really quick and easy to change to any sign without losing any time in combat.

I would leave the mouse wheel as sign toggle select.. because it is well placed for it, but like you I really like using the middle mouse button to dodge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom