Redanian Halbedier's armor - Long red armor

+
Didn't find the armor, though I did find one that doesn't look so bad (wish the skirt had physics though), along with a good steel sword

The armor requires level 2, you can get it during the quest " Novigrad Dreaming" and the sword in the previous quest "Pyres of Novigrad". The recommended level is 10 but as you can see it can be managed to do it earlier. Armor's name is Mag Deira Cuirass. It's behind a wall that you can destroy using aard in the basement.

I'll level up a bit and then try the Woodland Beast quest again to see if it spawns. I already asked but: @GamaH
what level were you when you did the quest?

Btw, did anyone else notice that Geralt's clothes get "wet" for no good reason quite a lot? Kinda bothers me

woot! thanks for the info, will be doing that quest ASAP!

Cant really find any pics of the armors you get by doing the scavenger hunts, can someone post if they have?

nope :(

come to the conclusion it's all based on chance. only the scavenger hunts seem to guarantee armor sets

That's upsetting news, turns out I just got lucky, I've seen someone get armor on YouTube at my level at it worked for me just the same...

I'd welcome some pics of the armor sets from the scavenger hunts as well

^ Its weird how I cant find any pictures of the witcher gear :/ I think i've seen the Cat School gear has a sleeveless armor though, sadly as I want a good looking light armor.

That's upsetting news, turns out I just got lucky, I've seen someone get armor on YouTube at my level at it worked for me just the same...

I'd welcome some pics of the armor sets from the scavenger hunts as well
i have all but the gloves made for a medium armor set (gloves require an ingredient i dont know how to find from monsters)

Before long every piece of armor as well as weapons will be listed in the wikipedia (at least I hope so, would be a shame if wasn't)

Though of course I'd like to get cool looking armor as soon as possible :p

Feel free to share anything armor (or weapon) related in this thread if you will

Before long every piece of armor as well as weapons will be listed in the wikipedia (at least I hope so, would be a shame if wasn't)

Though of course I'd like to get cool looking armor as soon as possible :p

Feel free to share anything armor (or weapon) related in this thread if you will
Will be sure to do that, though i'm now level 9 and still no luck in finding any armors (or diagrams) for good looking armor :(

Will be sure to do that, though i'm now level 9 and still no luck in finding any armors (or diagrams) for good looking armor :(

The Witcher 3 is a fantastic game but they really fucked up when it comes to armor. The way you get 'em to be more precise. I bet it's gonna get better once you're level 20 or so but still.

They should change this with a patch

Last edited:
The Witcher 3 is a fantastic game but they really fucked up when it comes to armor. The way you get 'em to be more precise. I bet it's gonna get better once you're level 20 or so but still.

They should change this with a patch

Agreed... as I said in another thread, they should go with their original philosophy of "not have level locked gear", and make it so that gear can be crafted and dropped on every level. The way it is right now, gear found below level 15 or so is just vendor trash for the most part... not fun at all.

Agreed... as I said in another thread, they should go with their original philosophy of "not have level locked gear", and make it so that gear can be crafted and dropped on every level. The way it is right now, gear found below level 15 or so is just vendor trash for the most part... not fun at all.

Not to mention that it doesn't make much sense for all armorers, for instance, to sell the same stuff, which is light and medium armor when you're low level even though their shop is full of heavy stuff. Are the vendors refusing to offer you better stuff because they recognize you a 'noob' or what?

Not to mention that it doesn't make much sense for all armorers, for instance, to sell the same stuff, which is light and medium armor when you're low level even though their shop is full of heavy stuff. Are the vendors refusing to offer you better stuff because they recognize you a 'noob' or what?

Exactly, it's far to "gamey" as a mechanic. Developers specifically designed the loot system so that more interesting/variable gear would drop and people would not have to "wait to use a cool peace of armor or weapon". True, dropped gear is always useable, but it's neither cool nor interesting... the really cool stuff is crafted, and we still have to wait for that. That's kinda of a concept fail there. ;)

Exactly, it's far to "gamey" as a mechanic. Developers specifically designed the loot system so that more interesting/variable gear would drop and people would not have to "wait to use a cool peace of armor or weapon". True, dropped gear is always useable, but it's neither cool nor interesting... the really cool stuff is crafted, and we still have to wait for that. That's kinda of a concept fail there. ;)

The crafting system is fun though, spent like 1 hour figuring out the cheapest way to craft an armor. What I can dismantle into what, then what can that be dismantled into and so on. Was really fun, felt like I was really working to get that armor,like I accomplished something.

I think at least craftable armor pieces shouldn't require a level

Or they should at least have lower stats if they are crafted at a lower level, so we could mix and match more...

Didn't they say that's the way it works with weapons? Or was it the ones you find already crafted I think...

Yeah, that's another way they could do it, sort of like in Skyrim

Didn't they say that's the way it works with weapons? Or was it the ones you find already crafted I think...

Yeah, that's another way they could do it, sort of like in Skyrim

Yea, they made loot work like that... if it's gear above your level, it is downgraded to suit you. I don't really get why they didn't do the same thing for crafted gear, to be honest, it feels so out of place. I mean, there are already restrictions on crafting anyhow, since you need certain (potentially rare) components AND a crafter of the right experience. Tacking on a level restriction on top of it just feels... meh.

Last edited:
Yea, they made loot work like that... if it's gear above your level, it is downgraded to suit you. I don't really get why they didn't do the same thing for crafted gear, to be honest, it feels so out of place.

Did they? Then why didn't I get the armor this thread is about with downgraded stats during that quest? Been multiple times to that camp it always had the same stuff in it so it can't be random in that sense

Found it in Novigrad in the River I think, near where you have to get stuff for triss. Sadly it was not very good.

Top Bottom