How to install DLC's?

+
How to install DLC's?

I used GOG Galaxy and it downloaded "setup_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_2.0.0.28.exe", which not only doesn't work, but also it deleted the entire game for some reason.
What the hell.

Yeah it is really confusing I am trying to figure it out right now as well. It looks like you have to install the "Free Witcher 3 DLC Program" which is on the right side of the screen when you are on the main Witcher 3 page and is located just under the expansion pass "buy" button. After you have added that to your cart and checked out, click on the "MORE v" dropdown from the main Witcher 3 page again and then click "Configure." On the bottom of that screen you will see two ticmarks for the Hair and Armor DLC's, if you check them it will start the actual download...

Edit: Beware the Temerian Armor DLC started a 27 GB patch for me holy hell... I'm not playing the game again any time soon now... lol

Last edited:
Yeah it is really confusing I am trying to figure it out right now as well. It looks like you have to install the "Free Witcher 3 DLC Program" which is on the right side of the screen when you are on the main Witcher 3 page and is located just under the expansion pass "buy" button. After you have added that to your cart and checked out, click on the "MORE v" dropdown from the main Witcher 3 page again and then click "Configure." On the bottom of that screen you will see two ticmarks for the Hair and Armor DLC's, if you check them it will start the actual download...

Edit: Beware the Temerian Armor DLC started a 27 GB patch for me holy hell... I'm not playing the game again any time soon now... lol

Omg. Thanks for that. There is no way I would have figured that out on my own.

Also, I didn't have the issue of having to re-download the main game. After clicking the two DLCs, it did a download of a few MBs. That said, your situation makes me laugh a little, when TW2 originally came out, and stored everything in one data file, causing you to re-download almost the entire game every time they released even the smallest patch/update. :D

Omg. Thanks for that. There is no way I would have figured that out on my own.

Also, I didn't have the issue of having to re-download the main game. After clicking the two DLCs, it did a download of a few MBs. That said, your situation makes me laugh a little, when TW2 originally came out, and stored everything in one data file, causing you to re-download almost the entire game every time they released even the smallest patch/update. :D

Yeah no problem. It was really confusing for me to figure out as well lol.

I have no idea why the Armor DLC started such a huge download... lol but whatever.

SOLUTION: Download from GOG.com NOT GoG Galaxy.

I ran into the same problems. If you run the installer downloaded from GoG Galaxy it's somehow missing one of the seven files it should have so it's trying to redownload the whole game to get the missing file. Go to GoG.com and download the DLC Installer from there and they work flawlessly. It's a weird bug.

I'm thinking because I purchased physical CDs and only activated a back up copy on GoG my files don't quite match the seven files loaded if I had purchased the digital from GoG. Apparently GoG Galaxy can't figure that out, but GoG.com can. I don't know why but I'm glad at least the ones from GoG.com worked.

cant find this gog.com dlc installer.. what is that -.- all i find in there is all that other stuff.. like artworks, movies, avatars ect..

The DLC is a separate listing but price is FREE. So you need to get it from the GOG store first. Once obtained, it'll appear in a DLC list below the main game's installer in your library. Each on is about 25MB. Click to download and install.

- The merchant in White Orchard sells the Temerian Armor.
- The barber in Oxenfurt gives you haircuts and beard styles

Top Bottom