merchant icons dissapear from map

+
merchant icons dissapear from map

Hello just wanted to mention that when going around novigrad, merchant icons seem to vanish soon after 'discovering' them (from main map). I noticed this when I was searching for a blacksmith. I would go back into the map only to find them missing when I needed to find them again.

Hey Anderonblue! Thank you for your finding. Merchants are not always present 24/7 day and also they like to wander off (as people may like to do after a hard day work) so the mapin icon is not always present on the mini-map

If you feel that some merchants are always there and there icon should always be displayed on the mini-map please report those merchants and we look into it.

Hey Anderonblue! Thank you for your finding. Merchants are not always present 24/7 day and also they like to wander off (as people may like to do after a hard day work) so the mapin icon is not always present on the mini-map

If you feel that some merchants are always there and there icon should always be displayed on the mini-map please report those merchants and we look into it.

I've been having issues with blacksmith and vendor in Blackbough, the vendor has gone missing (Icon is still there on the map) and I can no longer speak to the smith at all. Just likes to grind his blades all day. On PC with 1.03, even tried meditating around the day a bit to see if something happens but nope.

I'm not the OP, but I have experienced this. It's not the merchants traveling.

The icons (in this case, everything in the eastern half of novigrad - including the pub, the barber, and 2 of the shops for instance) will only appear on my map while I'm nearby. As soon as I move away, they disappear from my map. However, as soon as I return to that area the icons will re-appear on my minimap as well as my "big" / global map.

It's very frustrating to say the least, as I still haven't been able to find a single blacksmith in novigrad, and basically need to run around the entire city just to temporarily see the store icons.

edit : I'm happy to upload a video if that would help, and my platform is PS4

---------- Updated at 05:59 PM ----------

The icons (in this case, everything in the eastern half of novigrad - including the pub, the barber, and 2 of the shops for instance) will only appear on my map while I'm nearby. As soon as I move away, they disappear from my map. However, as soon as I return to that area the icons will re-appear on my minimap as well as my "big" / global map.

It's very frustrating to say the least, as I still haven't been able to find a single blacksmith in novigrad, and basically need to run around the entire city just to temporarily see the store icons.

I filmed a short video to illustrate the problem. It's not annotated, so here's a quick description of what takes place :

the video begins by the armorer in novigrad
I confirm that the armorer icon appears on the map
I move a distance away to confirm that it still appears while within visual range
I continue moving away, and confirm that it has now disappeared from my map

I used the armorer as an example, but this behavior holds true for a _ton_ of merchants across the world, including oxenfurt (no blacksmith icon anymore), most of novigrad (what you see on my map is all I can ever see unless I'm literally on top of the store)

[video]https://youtu.be/nLCHmN0XHQU[/video]

Last edited:
I've been having issues with blacksmith and vendor in Blackbough, the vendor has gone missing (Icon is still there on the map) and I can no longer speak to the smith at all. Just likes to grind his blades all day. On PC with 1.03, even tried meditating around the day a bit to see if something happens but nope.

I too have this issue. Any help to remedy this situation would be great.

I've also been having this issue with blacksmiths, armorers, alechemical ingredients salesman, etc. the only ones that stay on the map for me are the general salesmen(the bag icons) and the inns. It doesn't matter what time of day

---------- Updated at 05:59 PM ----------

I filmed a short video to illustrate the problem. It's not annotated, so here's a quick description of what takes place :

the video begins by the armorer in novigrad
I confirm that the armorer icon appears on the map
I move a distance away to confirm that it still appears while within visual range
I continue moving away, and confirm that it has now disappeared from my map

I used the armorer as an example, but this behavior holds true for a _ton_ of merchants across the world, including oxenfurt (no blacksmith icon anymore), most of novigrad (what you see on my map is all I can ever see unless I'm literally on top of the store)

[video]https://youtu.be/nLCHmN0XHQU[/video]

Having this issue as well in Novigrad. Not sure if it's happening anywhere else though. Really annoying. I have to keep looking at the atlas in the prima guide to find the merchants I need in such a huge city. My platform is Xbox One.

Thanks for posting. Please see the other posters in this thread for more information. Like what has been said, some merchant icons only appear on the main map when you're in the nearby vicinity in novigrad, then dissapear when you walk to far away, as if the game is having trouble 'saving' the location to the map. It's not for all merchants in the game, but a very high number of them. Here are some screenshots indicating what I mean:

Screenshot 1:

Please note the Herbalist and Weaponsmith in central Novigrad, near where Geralt is. Now when we walk away, we get this...

Notice that 3 icons have dissapeared when they should have been 'saved' to the map. These screenshots were taken one after the other no change in time of day. This was on PC version. It's not just these 3 merchants, this seems to happen to MANY of them in the game. Too many to point out every one to you guys, but hopefully I've given enough for you to go on.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• 2015-05-23_00001_zpsaa0qmidb.jpg
    2015-05-23_00001_zpsaa0qmidb.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 1,516
  • 2015-05-23_00003_zpsdxeendjh.jpg
    2015-05-23_00003_zpsdxeendjh.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 2,853
Last edited:
ive found the map to be pretty useless. i find a blacksmiths shop (SHOP! hes not a seller thats going to move!), and it'll show up on the minimap, but it'll never show up on the map. All these people ive found, herbalists, blacksmiths, whatever... what is the point of a map that has a legend (and thus should help us find who we need) if these icons NEVER show up and stay on the main map? Utterly frustrating and a stupid design decision, it really is.

Having the same problem on a PS4 with armorers and blacksmiths. They appear on the minimap and on the world map when I'm near but disappear as soon as I'm out of sight. I've got only one (!) armorer shown on my whole world map, although I've visited quite a few by now. Please fix this, it's quite frustrating. Thx!

Last edited:
If they go home after a hard day, why not make the icon gray and have a sign with their hours like a normal store? If mobile merchant keep same behavior

bump. is this working as intended?

No, at least in my PC copy the issue remains. Not sure if this was followed up by another RED member of staff to report it to the team or not, the previous one in the thread didn't reply back.

Bug or feature? If the latter, it would be nice if they would show up permanently on the map - that proposal with the gray icon sounds great.

Bug or feature? If the latter, it would be nice if they would show up permanently on the map - that proposal with the gray icon sounds great.
It's definitely a bug. For other people the icons stay as they're supposed to, but for some of us they disappear and can be a total pain in the arse to find again especially in Novigrad.

On second note I emailed tech support and also linked this thread into the email as it provides screenshots and a video. They said the report was sent to the devs and they're investigating into the matter.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Top Bottom