Who will Release a HD Texture Pack First, CD Projekt or Modders?

+
Sorry but isn't the HD Texture released for Skyrim the same or less quality than what this game already has!

There are HD textures included with the game. So demanding for a HD texture pack makes no sense. If you want better quality textures, then ask for a 4K texture pack. But not that many games have 4K textures.

Unless we're a cdpr staff member or a super keen modder we'll never know?

Are you sure its the textures? If you get sharpen on it via sweetfx (havent tried todays new ingame high setting) the textures are actually excellent.. its the super low poly models that stick out that seem to upset more? Go look at the screenshots in the reshade sweetfx thread that's going, if you look closely the textures are super sharp...

I dont care much about it. After 1.03 patch game looks fantastic and Im more then pleased.Still hoping for 3D Vision fix though.

Some want them, some aren't fussed. Why the people who aren't fussed don't want others to have them I don't know?

I don't see where anyone is saying those who do want an HD pack shouldn't get one? I have to say though that when I first saw the thread title, my first thought was "Eh? Why?". The in-game textures are absolutely fine (in general). Obviously some could do with improvement, but as some have said, this will undoubtedly happen as patches come out. Also, requesting CDPR to do the HD texture work is counter-productive - there are other far more important issues that need fixed or improved, so expecting them to divert resources to something so unnecessary is frankly selfish.

Thread title is all bad.

There is already HD Textures in the game.

You want something higher than that and it's just something I don't think any common folks would need or want. Game is already beautiful with beautiful textures and the quality is impressive!

But what you want, you want.. just don't think we should say "the game need HD textures" as it already has them.

High-res textures have zero impact on performance, as long as you have enough VRAM on your GPU. This is the beauty of a high-res (and optional, for those whose cards don't have enough VRAM) texture pack -- much improved visuals at no performance cost. It's win/win.

Of course it has an impact on performance! More data to chuck around = more work for the hardware. This is not up for debate.

The most important part seems to be the "data-streaming" bit though. If textures are so high-res, maybe the game's framerate would start stuttering like crazy not because of the user's computer hardware but because of the game's engine. That's my inference anyway. So I'm not sure if a HD texture pack would be a good idea.

Your logic has good reasoning behind it but there is one thing you forget. We have already witnessed a pretty stable version of high ress texture assets with a larger color pallet and the dynamic lighting that now is missing, last summer where they presented us 35 minutes of pure Witcher 3 gameplay.

There are HD textures included with the game. So demanding for a HD texture pack makes no sense. If you want better quality textures, then ask for a 4K texture pack. But not that many games have 4K textures.

Well just look at some 2k foliage textures modded for skyrim and compare them to what we see in game when really close... The difference is clear. But it may not be the texture but the low poly models. Sharpening helps a little on that end, especially with some of the better SweetFX preset ;)

Your logic has good reasoning behind it but there is one thing you forget. We have already witnessed a pretty stable version of high ress texture assets with a larger color pallet and the dynamic lighting that now is missing, last summer where they presented us 35 minutes of pure Witcher 3 gameplay.

I honestly dont see the texture difference is last year's gameplay demo. Lighting is different, color is different, post-processing is different and the wind effects on trees and such is definitely very mild last year.

Full quality and resolution here: http://may17th.deviantart.com/art/Geralt-and-Roach-in-Village-534591262

This is how the game should look, and it does. It's beautiful!

Now I have 'Sharpness: Off' because when you go Low or High the tree's and grasses becomes so sharp that it start looking like texture pieces instead of blending with nature as it does now on the image above.

Full quality and resolution here: http://may17th.deviantart.com/art/Geralt-and-Roach-in-Village-534591262

This is how the game should look, and it does. It's beautiful!

Now I have 'Sharpness: Off' because when you go Low or High the tree's and grasses becomes so sharp that it start looking like texture pieces instead of blending with nature as it does now on the image above.

I'm Running the game at 4K Ultra , I mean the FACIAL TEXTURES Look weird. seriously some of them are off.

Consoles are the reason that Witcher 3 exists. PC gamers should be thankful to the consoles that Witcher 3 has an open world with so much content in it.

Interesting subject.....

Só, i should be thankful for false advertising? I pré-ordered the game when they release the first video, saying it was in game footage, pre-ordered it because of the visual quality on that video, TW3 "is" a good RPG, but if wanted just a good RPG i would have pre-ordered something like "pillars of eternity", but i wanted what looked like a good RPG plus great visuals, but instead what i got is something that looks like a "OFFLINE" Korean MMO, with a map full o markers, and add "here" a list of all the thing ppl have been pointing out.

"PC gamers should be thankful to the consoles that Witcher 3 has an open world " Seriously? Open world is a great feature now? I played a game for long time, Lineage 2, its a MMO i know, its different, but its "open world" were far more open, e bigger, and it has more than 10 years.

But its ok, the deed is done i can live with it, its just a game, not a house, not car, not a fucking ugly woman.... but thank a console for "this"....

Well i dont know if i have a bug but i think some textures in ultra textures are not so ultra. Not all textures are bad but some are terrible, at least some walls, some vegetation and grounds. i hope hd textures for this. even witcher 2 has better walls. much better. See screenshoot in atachment.

I love the game, but i hope they fix some things.

Attachments

• ultra-textures.jpg
    ultra-textures.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I had a feeling that excuse was gonna be next on the list to use, that it wouldn't exist without the consoles. Oh well, not much to do other than being smarter next time and wait. I just ask that if a console version ''needs'' to exist for sal..i mean getting the game out there, don't give the fan base making it possible the shaft as well.

I think the modders will be first up with a texture overhaul, and some things do look out of place due to low res.

Last edited:
I would rather prefer them focus on bringing back the more advanced geometry and particle effects seen in the 35 minute demo. The textures are good enough for a game of this size plus it is easy enough for modders to change that compared to restoring the things I mentioned earlier.

I would rather prefer them focus on bringing back the more advanced geometry and particle effects seen in the 35 minute demo. The textures are good enough for a game of this size plus it is easy enough for modders to change that compared to restoring the things I mentioned earlier.

They could do both? :p but you are right, first the advanced gemoetry and particle effects and next the hd textures

I can imagine making things like fields look like fields would take a lot more work, compared to the flat looking areas there's in the final version. I'm all for a more demanding landscape like the 35 min showing, at least to see how Pascal will handle it next year.

Come to think of it, modders do have ideas to restore it by watching that video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom