Any way to crank up the AA in this game ?

+

Any way to crank up the AA in this game ?

Is there a way to increase the Anti Aliasing ? The ingame option doesnt seem to achieve much of an effect, and with sharpening at maximum it is even more noticeable. I play without any sort of blur or softening, so that is not an option, the blur is just way too exhausting for my eyes.

Any known and confirmed ini tweaks ? What can the nvidia control panel achieve ? FXAA doesnt do anything.

I've turned off the in-game AA, and I'm using the SMAA Anti-aliasing effect with SweetFX 2.0 / ReShade (and I'm also using SFX's Luma Sharpen effect instead of the game's sharpen, although I don't know if that makes a difference). Most jaggies are gone for me at 1920x1080.

I've turned off the in-game AA, and I'm using the SMAA Anti-aliasing effect with SweetFX 2.0 / ReShade (and I'm also using SFX's Luma Sharpen effect instead of the game's sharpen, although I don't know if that makes a difference). Most jaggies are gone for me at 1920x1080.

Ok, thanks, will try that. Would you mind posting your settings ?

Keep in mind that using external post-process AA will also affect the HUD and text. At resolutions like 1920x1080 some people may find that annoying especially with the tiny info messages in this game.

SMAA and even FXAA work great at resolutions above 1080p without bluring the image too much.

Last edited:

Keep in mind that using external post-process AA will also affect the HUD and text. At resolutions like 1920x1080 some people may find that annoying especially with the tiny info messages in this game.

SMAA and even FXAA work great at resolutions above 1080p without blurring the image too much.

yeah, using DSR to get a higher resolution; I find it indispensible, but it blurs the image ever so slightly. it would of course be perfect to get decent AA without DSR or any kind of blur;;

---------- Updated at 01:20 PM ----------

I'm using the default settings for the effects (all I did was turn them on).

Have been messing around with the settings a little bit. FXAA is definitely inferior to SMAA. however, tweaking the SMAA settings any further doesnt make any difference at all.
HDR doesnt seem to work either.
Luma Sharpen is kind of nice, but introduces more jagged edges again -,-

Any other way of achieving better MSAA than trough SweetFX ?

Top Bottom