TO CDPR: an idea on how to "make it up" with PC buyers

+
Seriously, the major difference between last year's demo and the game today is mostly post-processing effects. I also notice that wind physics back then was like... non existent.

CDPR owes us nothing and I am sure if they release an enhanced edition, they would probably give it to us free -again-.

I must advise CDPR -NOT- to give the expansion pack for free because then people who are already have a very hard time looking at this.... horrid graphics will have to look at it even longer. That would be simply cruel. Why give them more of what they dont like - make no sense right? =P

since you have stated that you are looking into how to make it up with those misled PC players. then I would suggest you give the expansion pack for free!

CDPR doesn't need to do anything, PC gamers were not "misled." I'm playing on all ULTRA settings with FPS between 74-86 - the game looks absolutely stunning and runs amazingly well, they did a fantastic job with the PC version.

If you think you've been misled then you could always return the game or just not play it.

Don't mislead people. Be upfront with people if your tech demo is unrealistic and avoid this kind of mess. Generally don't try to dance around this issue by saying nothing changed, while it's clear as day and night.

That way people might take Marketing seriously when you work on the next game.

Hmm, but it's one of the best games in years, why do you feel the right to anything for free? You act as if the game is MKX. Just keep patching the flaws, improving performance etc and I'm perfectly happy with my purchase.

Incorrect.

Very high end PC's can do it with a limited area. PCs can't just do it. And they sure as hell can't do it with an open world across hundreds of kilometers. Were the graphics changed for consoles? Yes. Could anything but really high end PCs run graphics at that level with that much going on? No.

This entire thread's premiss is so OFF base. It hinges on the idea that we as PC gamers were misled. We were not. I got a PC game that is one of the best visual games i have ever played.

The game isn't perfect but i notice that the complaints are cross platform. There are calls from both PC and console users to refine the movement controls and to increase the font size. In my opinion gamers are the WORSE people to have as customer because they all most all suffer from Unreasonable expectation syndrome.

Entitled PCMR is entitled.

This entire thread's premiss is so OFF base. It hinges on the idea that we as PC gamers were misled. We were not. I got a PC game that is one of the best visual games i have ever played.

The game isn't perfect but i notice that the complaints are cross platform. There are calls from both PC and console users to refine the movement controls and to increase the font size. In my opinion gamers are the WORSE people to have as customer because they all most all suffer from Unreasonable expectation syndrome.

Tell me. How is it an unreasonable expectation when the devs assured us that the graphics would be as good, if not better on release? FFS! P.S. I don't want the XPacks for free, that's just cheap.

Since they mentioned the choice between 2 rendering systems, they could just introduce the other one they had in mind? Or at least do whatever they can to make it possible for the user base to restore some of that ambiance of the old footage.
:sad:

Tell me. How is it an unreasonable expectation when the devs assured us that the graphics would be as good, if not better on release? FFS! P.S. I don't want the XPacks for free, that's just cheap.

The graphics are the same except for ONE, please note it is ONE, setting that was changed the sharpness. Please also note that with the redkit coming out you can mod it back in. This ONE please note again that it is ONE setting, was causing headache in areas with movement on the screen when playing any length of time. It is ETHICAL to tweak the graphics if your settings are causing people to get headaches.

Secondly only a fool ignores all those disclaimers that developers use when a game is in development, subject to change, work in progress, ect. These are telling you that what you see RIGHT this moment ISN'T going to be the same on release. Pc gamers were not in any way lied to deceived. This is a perfect example of how shit the internet is when it gives equal voice to everyone, because LIE can be repeated over and over and over again that be becomes the "truth" in the minds of people regardless of the verifiable evidence to the contrary. It is why loonie tunes don't vaccinate their children even though before vaccinations we had significantly high infant mortality rates and every peer review study has shown that vaccinations save millions of lives each year.

If you honestly think CDPR OWES you something because they were deceptive you are deluded.

---------- Updated at 10:50 AM ----------

Since they mentioned the choice between 2 rendering systems, they could just introduce the other one they had in mind? Or at least do whatever they can to make it possible for the user base to restore some of that ambiance of the old footage.
:sad:

What like they already said you could do with the redkit? Because the sharpness was the ONLY difference in teh footages.

Everyone knew what the game would look like before it was released unless you were living in a cave during the week leading up to it , at which point you could have cancelled your pre order........in fact you can return the game now if you are still not satisfied with the product lol its not too late . CDPR dont owe us anything.

Nah, there's plenty of differences. For the time being we might just have to wait for Redkit, but they'll probably release more patches before that so we'll see.

Nope sorry there isn't the sharpness is the only difference. The whole downgrade was a BS contrived issue because gamers are the most unreasonable consumers in the world. You don't see flames and rants by car enthusiasts matching in with torches and pitchforks on car companies when the see difference from a prototype and the factory model of a car. Why? because they aren't unreasonable they KNOW a prototype doesn't represent what the end product will be. Why are gamers so clueless to what work in progress and subject to change mean? Why do they not understand what a prototype is?

Frankly its time gamers as a community stop being such a bunch of self entitled whiners and grow up. We got the best looking RPG every produced with requirements so high that many PC gamers can't run it on the highest settings. We were not deceived and we were not lied to. We got a PC version that is better than the console version in terms of graphics, we got a game that looks stunning and it is using the same engine and textures as the trailers.

here is a litmus test for all gamers if you feel deceived or lied to by CDPR then you indeed suffer from unreasonable expectation syndrome or lack the basic understanding of the concept of what a prototype or work in progress mean.

You don't owe me anything CDPR! It's a great looking game and it's a lot of fun! I am so glad I have this game and even better that it came with my new gpu! I just can't wait to get back to playing it! Keep making fun games!

Stop complaining about everything. This game is a masterpiece. I am barely into it and I absolutely love it. Everything from the graphics to combat to the way each quest is laid out.... I actually care about the people I am helping!!! I mean god damn this is not an easy thing to achieve. In a gaming world where quests are just so fucking boring this game succeeds in adding an element that is sorely missed in the RPG world. I want to help these people. Some of them even get my help for FREEE!@?>!?!? FREEE @K:LJ@:@JER:@KEJ..... Then I come on here to read some things and boom it's whining and complaining over and over. I mean god damn... enjoy the experience.

A developer doesn't owe you anything, if anything you should thankful. If it wasn't for a dev choosing to make the game in the first place you wouldn't even have it.

Who the hell made you so 'entitled'? You aren't entitled at all.

The only thing I want from CDPR is that they continue actively patch the game for many months, and I'll be eager to buy the expansion.

Top Bottom