• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Aye. It's whenever an enemy stops paying attention, or whenever an enemy dies and the fight "seems" to be over... but it's a failed mechanism. I'm with gloomfrost. Just let ME decide when to put the sword away. Please.

Witcher 2's inventory was far from perfect, but you know one thing it got right in hindsight? Lots of tabs.
3's inventory quickly becomes extremely cluttered, and I find it very irritating how potions, oils, bombs, ingredients, food AND books/documents are all under the same tab. Same goes for armor and weapons being under the same tab. Not being able to sort the inventory by things like value or weight is also a hindrance. I really don't understand why the hell they did this as the inventory quickly becomes very cluttered and these sorts of tabs would give a MUCH better overview.
I hope this is something they'll fix as it seems like a very big oversight imo.

How does everyone find Geralts movements?

Personally I am finding is run animation, even his jog to fast.

Well maybe not entirely, its his slowdown. I understand the need for realism but hell, this map is massive but running in towns is annoying, you smash into things, miss NPC names in case they are important if you don't have the specific quest highlighted you will never know, looting chests while running is a hassle. Because it breaks you out of the run.

I know it minor but I've been playing for over 30 hours and its been consistently bugging me to have to switch to an annoyingly slow walk to an annoyingly fast run.

Also, as a side note, before this I have been playing well over 100 hours of Dragon Age 3, so I could just be more used to the looting and running system of that game

What do you all reckon?

Last edited:
I have minor issues with the fight stars, mainly that I never know if Geralt is going to automatically draw his sword or not. I can't even count how many fights I've went into barfisted because he didn't draw or he did and I hit 1 or 2 and put his sword away.

I got used to it by now but I still think movement is awful. The inertia and turning radius are too much in favor of "fluid animations" rather than sharp and responsive controls. It boggles me that they showed this to playtesters and all those youtubers and none of them said "Look guys, this controls like ass, pls fix".

I got used to it by now but I still think movement is awful. The inertia and turning radius are too much in favor of "fluid animations" rather than sharp and responsive controls. It boggles me that they showed this to playtesters and all those youtubers and none of them said "Look guys, this controls like ass, pls fix".

Not everyone has the same preferences. nothing about how Geralt moves bothers me. I haven't fallen off any high places or had difficulty moving about. I prefer realistic movements vs unrealistic ones. Its a subjective thing, as I said not everyone likes the same things.

As for entering combat i usually draw my weapon and cast a sign before combat even starts so i haven't noticed Geralt acting odd at the start of combat.

Inventory system is quite bad.
In W2 there was section for books, section for bombs and potions, section for mutagens, section quest items.. now we get all in one mess. Why go back from that ?
I think 1 extra section for Alchemy endproducts Oils/Bombs/Potions is a must.
And a section for books/notes.

Why we don't have option to store things in Inns ? What I am supposed to do with all the stuff ?
Also I hate that we can't swap potions from TAB just like bombs and items.

Also not sure what's the decision behind new Oils system, if you don't have Oils tree learned, Oil doesn't last not even for single fight, and having to go to Inventory to put it on again during fight, sucks big time.

From my experience so far, if Geralt automatically draws his sword, then he'll automatically sheath it when the combat is over or no enemies near by. If you draw it manually, he won't sheath it automatically.

The only times he sheathed it during combat is if I accidently pressed the button to sheath the sword, could happen sometimes when using potions, since it's on the d pad.

Not everyone has the same preferences. nothing about how Geralt moves bothers me. I haven't fallen off any high places or had difficulty moving about. I prefer realistic movements vs unrealistic ones. Its a subjective thing, as I said not everyone likes the same things.

As for entering combat i usually draw my weapon and cast a sign before combat even starts so i haven't noticed Geralt acting odd at the start of combat.

What about after a cutscene? My instinct is to draw my weapon then click attack. Sometimes I find Geralt either doesn't draw, or does draw then I countermand the movement and he puts it away.

For me the game is fine, they should do something about the loading times, especially on ps4. The fact that i save right before a fight and I die and it loads for 40-50 seconds just to reset the position of the monsters makes me sometimes wanna quit the game. It feels like it is loading the whole world again starting at zero. This sometimes wouldnt be necessary, GTA also manages to do this fast eventhough the first loading process is up to 1 minute

Only problem im having is in cities ... i gave up wanting to loot every house because getting in and out and navigating through there is not as fun

[Combat] CDPR... please change this? Fix this>

I have known for a long time that Geralt's biggest enemy in TW1 and TW2 are fences. Yes those knee high fences that he simply cannot overcome. See those and Geralt will have to run circles around them.

Then came TW3! The joy I felt when I discovered that I can actually hop over fences, jump over them! I spent time hopping and jumping over them darn fences and it was a most satisfying experience!

"No more darn you fences! After 3 seasons I have finally conquered you! Hah!"

Then just now, I ran into some bandits who are like twice my level. One of them chased me and as I ran and dodge him, I ran into a dead end, blocked by a fence. I tried to hop over the fence to escape him and suddenly I notice that on ma controller, the jump button is the dodge button and I cant jump over the fence.... Trapped by the fence, I turned around and saw the biggest 2-handed Axe in ma life... I swear before the death screen came out... the fence was laughing mercilessly at me....yip, darn fence got the last laugh and remains the bane of Geralt... >.<

The bandit maybe 2x my level but t'was the fence that killed me!!!! Grrr...

Suggestion: Wont it be better that.... Geralt auto hop over obstacles when sprinting - especially in combat? Instead of needing to press some buttons...

Love The Witcher 3, but a few small grips [game mechanic spoilers]

First, I love the game. Amazing story line and lots of fun to play. I cannot believe how much I love GWENT. Best minigame I've seen in a very long time. Definitely beat boring old dice from the Witcher 2. Anyways, a few small gripes. 1) It takes wayyyy to long to level-up in this game. It appears killing monsters does not give XP (correct me if I am wrong). That to me is a major mistake. Even if I am mistaking on that, the game simply takes too long to level up. At least so far in the early stages where I made level 5. 2) I don't care for how upgrading abilities works this time. You only have a couple slots so you have to upgrade a single ability heavily or else you cannot use all you've unlocked at once? Unless I misunderstand how it works, it appears you can only have up to 12 different special abilities the entire game. That is quite lame when you look at all the things the Witcher 2 allowed. The Witcher 2's player progression mechanic was far superior from what I can tell. 3) It takes way too long for vitality to regenerate when not in combat. First ability I upgraded was the +10 vitality per second when not in combat. Without it, you could never have enough health items to finish the game. I thought in older Witchers, meditating refilled the health, but in this one it does not. It's not so bad when crossing the country, but when on a major quest and in between battles, I often do things like make a cup of coffee while waiting for my health to refill. 4) I'm not sure what I feel about equipment that becomes damaged over time. This is something Oblivion tried but was removed from Skyrim if I recall properly. It becomes a bit tedious and expensive. Early on, it's hard to find coin. Having said that, I kind of like the added challenge. *note* My game is being played on death march thus progression is slow (lots and lots of deaths) and some of these things, especially number 3 and I imagine to an extend number 4 may not be as bad on easier difficulties.

On point 3, your health does regenerate while meditating but only on the lowest 2 difficulties, the 2 harder difficulties it does not and you need to consume food + drink.

Top Bottom