Possible to find a GOOD ENDING after having sex with both Triss and Yennifer?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekc

Forum regular
Possible to find a GOOD ENDING after having sex with both Triss and Yennifer?

Hi all,

I didnt finish the game - I guess I'm somewhat on half or a bit closer to the end (quest about an ugly creature in Velen after Skellige). I learned of a possible bad romance ending so I decided to post. So romance spoilers - perfectly ok for me. Story spoilers - please no.

[SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T FINISH GAME] or part of it.

So far I had romance with both Triss (she returned to me) and Yennifer (once so far). With Yennifer I finished the Jinn quest and we decided to be together. I hoped at the end I will be able to choose, but as it seems they will dump me after a "threesome" which is just a fake. Right?

I want to change that. Are there any possibilities to change that without Load Game? :D

So just questions to clear all up:

1) If everything is unchanged, at the end both Yen and Triss dump my Witcher?

2) If I go back to the Jinn quest with Yennifer (I will lose 2 hours of gameplay which is fine with me) and tell her that "I can't be with you" instead of "I love you too" - does it fix things? Sex on a unicorn happened anyway at the beginning of the Skellige like. So if I stop this romance, will everything be fine, even that Gerald and Yen had sex after Triss romance?

3) Please say "2" can fix romance with Triss... Playing for 47 hours in 4 days to get a bad romance ending is... so SAD.

Please advise!

P.S. (update):

Got my answer in another topic from the developer:

Sex on the unicorn doesn't count - you need to finish The Last WIsh quest in order to be with Yennefer.

Last edited:
Reroll or reload, sorry dont know anything else :p

Just for your information. Having sex with Yen after romancing Triss does NOT break the romance. I think you have to do Yens quest and take it further than sex for you to ruin it completely.

Proof: I romanced Triss and slept with Yen, BUT - I skipped Yens personal quest in Skellige. Yen was FURIOUS with me at Kaer morhen - BUT - Triss kisses me and says she wants to move in with me.

Thus - it is pretty safe to assume that the sex is not what "locks you in". You have to actually romance them both fully out to botch it.

Mekc

Forum regular
Thanks!

I loaded that Yen's personal quest and told her that it's all over. After that in Kaer Morhen she acts very very annoyed with me, and if I try to speak to her on private matters she throws me into a middle of a lake. So I decided to load and NOT be thrown into that lake. She, for some reason, is annoyed with the fact that my witcher "shagged" Triss back in Witcher 2. Why does she care if in her quest I told her that everything is over between her and me?

Well, I hope I fixed my Romance game ending.

I already made the mistake, Geralt seens so lonely.

Or even if you do finish with a romance he'll still be alone in Kaer Morhen? I've been wandering looking for Yen or Triss around the world, but can't find them anywhere.

Mekc

Forum regular
I already made the mistake, Geralt seens so lonely.

Or even if you do finish with a romance he'll still be alone in Kaer Morhen? I've been wandering looking for Yen or Triss around the world, but can't find them anywhere.

You did the Romance with Triss and did not end the Romance with Yennifer during her Jinn quest?

I didn't romance Triss, my ending was with Jennifer happily ever after... but you are still alone at the end(in-game - not story)... Really ruined the entire game for me... since I wanted to keep playing and doing contracts etc but none of the story characters are anywhere to be found... they should have just left them in but only with a few options to talk with them etc.

Mekc

Forum regular
Heya all again )

I finished quite a lot of quest - I'm in Kaer Morhen and got massive Brothers in Arms quests (to gather all, which is great, plot-related). Triss is already grayed out, meaning I don't need to speak to her (although, last time I saw her at the Lighthouse when she became my gf).

I also found the Triss' bed that Yen threw out of the window and got the earring.

Where's Triss herself? If she had in earring in her room - she was here? Why didn't I see her? Or Yen would not throw away her bad if Triss was in Castle?

Anyway, my question is - when I meet Triss? )

Last edited:
Heya all again )

I finished quite a lot of quest - I'm in Kaer Morhen and got massive Brothers in Arms quests (to gather all, which is great, plot-related). Triss is already grayed out, meaning I don't need to speak to her (although, last time I saw her at the Lighthouse when she became my gf).

I also found the Triss' bed that Yen threw out of the window and got the earring.

Where's Triss herself? If she had in earring in her room - she was here? Why didn't I see her? Or Yen would not throw away her bad if Triss was in Castle?

Anyway, my question is - when I meet Triss? )

You have one more quest after Brother In Arms and then you meet her.

Last edited:
Game seems to only allow me to access 6 save games all of which are way too late to change this (and I do REALLY want to change this), is there any way I can access older save games or reset the Jinn side-quest? Have had to start over once already due to a PC issue, and whilst I love the game, to waste 30-35 odd hours of gameplay is a huge waste.

Mekc

Forum regular
I don't think you can do anything except for loading some saved game. I do a rotation of about 15-20 manual saves so that I can load any important decision or romance...

I acknowledge that it's 2 ways to have a sex with Triss: 1) fully confessing love 2) choosing to try out with Triss. I don't know if it's even matter, but if it do, my question is: If I chose second option, do I still have a chance for happy ending with Yen? I love Yen character from books and she seems be the right choice. I just don't want to go back to Triss quests and lose 10-12 hours of gameplay.

Mekc

Forum regular
Good question. You had the same Lighthouse action? She asked about how you see "us" in 5 years?

Why do people think Yen/Triss ending is a bad one? It's just that one situation. Geralt had sex with both of them in the past, and they reluctantly but surely got over it. No reason to think anything will change.

Mekc

Forum regular
The same scene, although I choose every possible evasive answer in later talk.

I don't know for sure, but it seems that you really did the romance with Triss and if you do it to Yennifer (Jinn's quest) you will have a bad romance ending.

---------- Updated at 06:03 PM ----------

Why do people think Yen/Triss ending is a bad one? It's just that one situation. Geralt had sex with both of them in the past, and they reluctantly but surely got over it. No reason to think anything will change.

Well if you can get "happily ever after" with Yen, or "happily ever after" with Triss, or they both dump you? As it is the last part of the Witcher, I consider the latter to be a very bad romantic ending.

Last edited:
I was just following IGN guide here.
"OPTION 01 If, upon arriving at the port, Geralt decides to fully confess his love for Triss, he must make the following responses: (..)"
"OPTION 02 If, instead, he wants to leave the door open to love (but doesn't want to fully commit), he must make the following dialogue choices (...)"

So I hope for RED devs clarification, because on the one hand I don't want to go back, but on the other hand if I progress further, I would have to replay more. So I 'm torn between this options, and I really hope for some quick answer :)

EDIT

I found out this post. So i guess I'm screwed - time to replay... :(

Last edited:

Mekc

Forum regular
Ok, so what I have.

Romanced with Triss in Novigrad.
Had sex with Yennifer on a Unicorn.
During a Jinn quest I sad that "We are over, sorry" to Yennifer.
Yennifer was SO furious after in Kaer Morhen.
After that she began again to be nice and... em... kissed me. Although she nows we are over and I'm with Triss.
Triss offered to live togather and I accepted, lot's of kissing, no sex.

We'll see what happens next, but it felt like Yennifer want's to get me back. Or maybe she is just very nice. Quite funny in any way.

Between Triss quest in Novigrad (with her love scene) and Kaer Morhen quest I've done every possible sidequest, so.. I'm screwed if I decide to replay from Novigrad. Maybe there is a console command to 'decrease' your attitude with Triss or Yen (like in VtM:B)? Or some sort of, I dunno, a 'choice editor'?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom