• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
How about when you choose to draw a steel sword to fight these crazy strong wolf guardians a Leshen summons, only to have it constantly switch back to a silver sword? There's no control over what weapon you want to use - this auto select or auto sheath is incredibly annoying and is fucking me over in combat.

I'd like to add, the mechanics behind this make putting points into "Arrow Reflection" useless. I've actually left melee combat range before, sword auto-goes away, just to have a mob start shooting me with arrows that I can't block because now I'm "out-of-combat-sword-out-Geralt" or something. Anybody else experience this?

Yep, that is another great example of how screwed you are in combat.

The whole mechanic is bust; sometimes he puts his sword away mid fight, sometime he doesn't get it out when a fight starts, and with no way of manually exiting combat stance (you can put your sword away, but then he's just punchy) it's sometimes difficult to flee a battle as he insists on turning and facing the enemy rather than running away. I'm supposed to be in control of the character, so let me decide when a fight starts and ends, dammit!

I too would immensely appreciate this. I'd like a closer view for looting in small rooms, and a farther out, free look when just basically doing anything else.

---------- Updated at 05:09 PM ----------

I don't either think it is a difficult thing to implement so if you have the time I'm sure many people would also like a zoom out/in for Geralt included (naturally this is for outside of combat).

I'd like to have a farther out view FOR combat and non-combat.

I think CDPR lacks competence when it comes to gameplay design, because there are so many things that just aren't thought through.
I know broad sweeping criticism is in fashion, but I totally disagree. I played the game until 4am this morning and loved it. I finished a major quest line and felt sorry for the participants to where I actually considered loading a save from 12 hours before just to change the outcome...for just this one family in the game. CDPR has made a brilliant game and in my opinion your comment is far off. I am not saying there are not bugs, but something so complex will have some at launch. That said I am sure any issues will be addressed, just like they were in the last 2 games.

me three would love it.

just an option in the menu would suffice , for me, if the controllers dont have a button to spare.
i prefer the closer look when walking indoors to the distant view of outdoors. it tightens the connection to geralt since you are close to him. also it allows seeing the world from closer and appreciating the finer details.

Sounds like quite a big thing to implement to me.
Why would CDPR do this, it's not a bug and the game is released.
Shouldn't they be focused on the expansions or their next project?

+1000!

@Amioran

I could not have described it better. I was expecting the same thing from the camera controls. A good example is The Witcher 1 in terms of FOV and camera positioning.

Also, a good example of camera handling is provided by recently changed Guild Wars 2. There is an FOV slider, a vertical and a horizontal positioning slider for the camera. It's simply awesome.

Here's hoping CDPR will listen to us, the few, who request this feature. :(

Do you really think that adding a simple camera zoom is something that's difficult to do? I think it's one of the easiest things to implement (and in fact it is already done, for zoom in, with the witcher senses). All engines nowadays have the capability to zoom freely every part of the scene.

Even TW1 had the option of various camera zoom/angles and in fact it was very well done. It is a shame that the zoom is locked for Geralt in W3 instead. I always liked more the behind the shoulder visual (in fact I appositely use witcher sense more than necessary because I like that zoomed in perspective) and the E3 demo level of zoom for me was perfect.

Since it's something that doesn't take that much to add and it can increase the enjoyment of the game I think it would be a good addition. No need to go all fancy with it, just a little zoom in and out, up to a certain point.

Last edited:
+1

I discover myself always using witcher vision to get zoom in, i heavaly miss the witchers2 adjustable step view system.

Just give us Redkit and youll have such stuff tomorrow.

Last edited:
Crafting overcomplicated, Inventory oversimplified

While I know crafting will probably not be changed in any way since it's not an unreasonable thing to learn, it is however too complicated for what the game needs to have a working crafting system in the first place. We can make do with it for sure.

However, the Inventory is way too simple to cope with what the game throws at us. We need more tabs that for the various categories of items we get. I feel the following should have an Inventory tab of their own:

Potions.
Consumables.
Books and scrolls.

Don't know if this is moddable at all but I hope so and that we see a mod like it soon, but perhaps it's something CD Project can have a look at.

I don't know why you'd think the crafting is too complicated. You needed way more items to craft things in TW2, and it was also possible to create crafting components from other components. Plus you now start with the diagrams for a ton of components already, whereas in TW2 you had to buy them first. The only new wrinkle is dismantling items.

It's all the dismantling that makes it more complicated than it needs to be, dismantle that, then make this item out of that and then craft the item you need. Too many steps I think.

As I WROTE though, we can make do with it, the real problem is the Inventory.

Any chance of a non-common tongue(elder, etc) subtitles only option, please?. I typically don't like having subtitles on, because I find it more immersive when they're disabled. Plus the fact my eyes always get drawn to them constantly when they're on, etc.

But, when they're turned off, you cannot understand what prople are saying (eg the Nilfgaardians). Like you can, when the subtitles are on (it translates).

I'm not sure if this is intended, or not..

Last edited:
What's wrong with the inventory? It seems fine to me. I love the new alchemy system. All you need is alcohol after you make it once it automatically replenishes.

Well something IS wrong with it when the potion system which is an integral part of what it means to being a Witcher, your potions are all mixed in with your 40 books, 20 parchments, and all other stuff that's in there.

Finding your bombs and potions then to adapt to a situation takes way longer than it should while you scroll trying to find the potion or bomb you need. If you got no problems with it, well you probably got rid of all those things, but a lot of people don't.

And if you don't that but still have no problems with it. Well, good for you.

Ya Inventory needs more tabs for sorting. Its just really annoying that potions/bombs are mixed with all the books/parchments. Also alchemy and crafting ingredients should have separate tabs.

I think the crafting system is perfect though.

Craftings been sort of dumbed down for console gamers, oh well. I liked Witcher 2's crafting system more. W3 is all about meditating inbetween fights, even a one tick med replenishes my potions, meh, too easy. Aside from this, the game is amazing.

ANY CHANCE of the game developers, the game company and anyone caontribuiting to the games saving engine, could be sucking my ass ! Stupid piece of shit, its 2015, i play ffs 20-30 mins without manualy saving ( cause its something from the past and stupid and ofc not realistic) and i find that i die FALLING, and takeing stupid fall dmg, wich 5 employes of the gamecompany should burn a lil for, no one cares anyway, or from stupid monster dmg, even if u are at 2 diff level ! games is FUCKED UP

Ah, here it is, I was looking for this thread.

I would really appreciate it if potions and bombs weren't replaced automatically when you meditate, but only if you select the option. If I've only used one bomb and I meditate because I have to move the time forward or to replenish my health, it's really annoying if the game uses up an alcohol item just to replace that one bomb.

I have to agree. The menus seem to be the biggest downfall of the PC version. Inventory management downright blows, its as bad as W2's if not worse.

Top Bottom