The Witcher 3 - Kepler GPU

+
why create such functions if the flagship video card for $ 700 which was released a little over a year ago not work properly with this application?
nvidia should optimize the maximum Kepler architecture
drawdown of up to 30 fps on gtx 780 ti, it is unacceptable!
please show me where tests tesselation with hairworks gtx 970 gtx 780 ti exceeds is around 3x

I've seen this mentioned so many times.
I've yet to see any clear distinction between tessellation performance of Maxwell compared to Kepler. I've seen benchmarks for Unigine Heaven on extreme tessellation for example and it didn't appear to demonstrate this.
Unigine's level of tesselation is 8x or 16x.
The hair, water and a lot of other things in Witcher 3 "tesselates" with 64x.
You dont see a difference between 16x and 64x.

I am running this game on a 3 year old 7950 with most settings at ultra at 60fps....without AMD driver update.

Even Nvidia hairworks with 8x or 16x tesalation on i get 45 fps.

its not only Nvidia who is to blame tough, CDPR could have used TressFX from AMD for free and get it to work on both AMD and Nvidia cards without much fps drop.
but i gues its better to pick team green instead of supporting us both.

hope this Nvidia Gameworks shit dies as it only harms us as pc gamers.
we want to play fantastic games, not making a choice of who brings in the biggest bags of money to a studio and corrupt the games for one side of the fence.

Last edited:
CDPR did a just horrible work for the PC optimization, its nearly worse than AC unity PC version for that point.
But that strange thoses issues with thoses graphic card

real shame.

recommended=#reckt cause they dont care about you they already have your money when they fix it and prove otherwise ill retract saying this but im not stupid its a business

Unigine's level of tesselation is 8x or 16x.
The hair, water and a lot of other things in Witcher 3 "tesselates" with 64x.
You dont see a difference between 16x and 64x.
My comment wasn't about visual distinction, it was about mathematical-based benchmarks.
I also addressed the point about hair and water tessellation and how benchmarks have been done with both scaled to varying degrees. I'd appreciate it if you could check it out, save me some time.

I'm not aware of anything else being tessellated other than water and hair. I've read that buildings and land geometry was tessellated and I've read it was taken out, so I don't know for sure what the answer is and haven't found a concrete dev comment on it regarding how it is in the release build.

vladgiurgiubv

If we could simply get an option to change tessellation in game, would be great for nVidia users..this would temporarly fix the problems for kepler....but I guess the CDPR devs don´t care?! or they could just give us the info on what to change in the ini files or what to add to be able to adjust tessellation

maybe the gods will hear my prayer

If we could simply get an option to change tessellation in game, would be great for nVidia users..this would temporarly fix the problems for kepler....but I guess the CDPR devs don´t care?! or they could just give us the info on what to change in the ini files or what to add to be able to adjust tessellation

maybe the gods will hear my prayer

Yeah, that could be a temporary fix in the meanwhile.. True.

can't someone try to reverse engineer the driver, and maybe find a potential fix for the performance of kepler cards?

vladgiurgiubv

can't someone try to reverse engineer the driver, and maybe find a potential fix for the performance of kepler cards?

1. I think that is illegal
2. I think it´s so much work that it would not be finished until a fix from nvidia or CDPR is released!

Same here owner 660ti, wait patch and drivers, unplayple stutters and fps on medium setting, same AMD cards in all benchmarks have high fps then Kepler.
It's totally shit. On nvidia site 960 recommend for high and medium and low settings. Marketing eats brain.

1. I think that is illegal
2. I think it´s so much work that it would not be finished until a fix from nvidia or CDPR is released!
thanks for the reply !
i had no idea it was illegal. i assumed to do reverse engineering would be pretty much like taking apart a machine to know what's wrong, for troubelshooting purposes. oh well, i guess it'd be convenient for them, otherwise some programming wizard might point out their blunders, and the s***storm will ensure XD

Top Bottom