What's wrong with Triss Romance Scene

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems, sadly enough, that we all lack faith in it 'getting fixed' :(.

Harsh realities are harsh. Please CDPR we love Triss, throw us a bone!

Pitching my tent in not getting my hopes up. Even though I would be ecstatic for more Triss.

---------- Updated at 08:38 PM ----------

I can't explain it more than how I already did in my previous post on page 6 , Don't you feel as if the entire Triss-Geralt relationship in this game was an after thought? it really feels like they decided on a chain-of-events for the game, and only after that thought about the romance with Triss.

Maybe Yen is not largely different in her romance scenes, and I get it that she is new and suppose to be more important because of the wish and Ciri but what annoys me is the inconsistency, the lack of content - don't give me another sex scene, give me a reason for why they are broken up, give me a reason for why she disappears give me a reason why I can't find her at Kaer Mohen give me a reason she won't talk with Geralt about anything else, but game doesn't even give the weakest excuse for that, it's just acts as if she did go into that boat to Kovir, and for most of the game as if you naturally chose Yen.

Now my Last Wish is for end-game content with her. Now all I need is a Djinn...

Just... hmmm... perfect. We want the same things

That Djinn;)?

@AdamSnow I don't think anything you wrote clashes with anything I wrote, so I'm just gonne say: I agree - it indeed felt like an afterthought.

I'm also going all-in on that Djinn. Lets wish for some good Triss end-game content.

Oh yes that Djnn and everything else he wrote. Need them reasons too.

@Madoga You presented it as if it might be a resource problem, maybe it is and I'm just too harsh on CDPR but for me it feels like the planning was lacking (in consideration of Triss-Geralt relationship - of course).

And that was my point, preferring not to tell the writers/quest designers to come up with a few more lines, not ordering 4 more lines from the voice-talent company, not telling the programmers to add option number 3 or 4 to some dialogues - to make sure the game is more stable?- here have a look: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forums/174-Tech-Support - the game still has bugs and required day one patch and another one after 3 days and I have a feeling it won't be the last one.

Now don't get me wrong, the game is AMAZING, this is my ONLY criticism to otherwise perfect game, I can nitpick minor improvements for almost any aspect of the game until tomorrow, and if anything it would only show you how much I care, the only thing that disappointed me is how Triss-Geralt relationship was handled.

@Double_Oh_Snap that gif thou :D

@AdamSnow
Now don't get me wrong, the game is AMAZING, this is my ONLY criticism to otherwise perfect game, I can nitpick minor improvements for almost any aspect of the game until tomorrow, and if anything it would only show you how much I care, the only thing that disappointed me is how Triss-Geralt relationship was handled.

Stop reading my mind and staying stuff before me.
Seriously though the game is amazing and my only real problem with it after over 100 hours played is Triss romance.

Last edited:
@AdamSnow
Lets be honest here: we both don't know, nor will we (most likely) ever know, what the real reason is why the game is the way it is. I just find it hard to believe they would intentionally sabotage such a great character, that was obviously developed with a lot of love and caring since TW1 (excluding the books for sake of argument ;)).

For all I know they planned for such a sub-par Triss romance. But as I said before, I find that very hard to believe. I find it far more easy to imagine them lacking time/resources and this is what came out. In fact, I would say that poor planning also falls in the time/money department(it could also be poor management I guess). I highly doubt they ran into trouble and/or planned in too little time on purpose. But again: a poor schedule usually comes back to time and money. You will need extra time and/or more money to fix said poor schedule.

Which takes us back to what I said before: I don't think anything I wrote clashes with what you wrote.

Now don't get me wrong, the game is AMAZING, this is my ONLY criticism to otherwise perfect game
While I agree it's an extremely good and fun game, I do have some other things that somewhat bugged me - controls, looting, inventory management and fighting(a bit too dumbed down) are imo not perfect. Personally I find the story, characters and world the most important things in these types of games though, so this whole Triss thing buggs me FAR more and those other things, which are barely worth mentioning.

This not being 'the perfect game' doesn't however take away from the fact that this is, for me, the best game in the last 2-3 years. Being critical towards things you like isn't a bad thing you know, so just keep being critical ;).

Last edited:
@AdamSnow
Lets be honest here: we both don't know, nor will we (most likely) ever know, what the real reason is why the game is the way it is. I just find it hard to believe they would intentionally sabotage such a great character, that was obviously developed with a lot of love and caring since TW1 (excluding the books for sake of argument ;)).

For all I know they planned for such a sub-par Triss romance. But as I said before, I find that very hard to believe. I find it far more easy to imagine them lacking time/resources and this is what came out. In fact, I would say that poor planning also falls in the time/money department(it could also be poor management I guess). I highly doubt they ran into trouble and/or planned in too little time on purpose. But again: a poor schedule usually comes back to time and money. You will need extra time and/or more money to fix said poor schedule.

Which takes us back to what I said before: I don't think anything I wrote clashes with what you wrote.

While I agree it's an extremely good and fun game, I do have some other things that somewhat bugged me - controls, looting and fighting are imo not perfect. Personally I find the story, characters and world the most important things in these types of games though, so this whole Triss thing buggs me FAR more.

This not being 'the perfect game' doesn't however take away from the fact that this is, for me, the best game in the last 2-3 years. Being critical towards things you like isn't a bad thing you know ;).

This may be heading off topic so i will keep it short. While I don't think it is perfect. For me TW3 combat is so much better than TW1 & TW2 it is not even a competition. I really enjoy the moment to moment gameplay in the game. It is far from perfect but I would say it is solid and most importantly fun.

I agree with you about Triss sabotage. Because I can't in mind think of a way the Reds doing that while also having it make any sense or value.

Last edited:
@AdamSnow

Stop reading my mind and staying stuff before me.
Seriously though the game is amazing and my only real problem with it after over 100 hours played is Triss romance.

"I hate it when you read my mind"

@AdamSnow

While I agree it's an extremely good and fun game, I do have some other things that somewhat bugged me - controls, looting and fighting are imo not perfect. Personally I find the story, characters and world the most important things in these types of games though, so this whole Triss thing buggs me FAR more and those other things are barely worth mentioning.

This not being 'the perfect game' doesn't however take away from the fact that this is, for me, the best game in the last 2-3 years. Being critical towards things you like isn't a bad thing you know, so just keep being critical ;).

Sliding a bit from Triss - the real and far more significant issue.

Controls looting and fighting are fine for me, putting bugs a side all I can think of are minor improvements, CDPR did a real good job with this game, and if not "perfect" would call it "one of the best" if the game handled the Triss-route better and gave previous choice more attention, other than that - I honestly can't see any major changes the game should have to become more than what it is, if what we want is just more quests, more maps, and more loot, we just ask more of the same cake not to change it.

But yeah you are right, I got some improvement I would love to see the game - things like horse (summoning path finding & speed), clear indication for which vendor you won a card from, being able to see the vendors (at least only those who don't move and you already found) in the main map even if you are not close to their location, being able to climb ledges even while in combat (or being able to disengage from combat-mode even if a monster is pursuing you), have an indication sound for when the stamina is full and you can cast another Sign, Bombs throwing arch, making the "use" option on things less dependent on where Geralt faces and more of where the camera is pointing, (honestly I could go on)

All of these are minor things for me, my favorite game (trilogy) is Mass Effect, I love this game a lot and it's far from perfect (farther than Witcher 3), The Witcher 3 might not be completely out of sin, but question is whether these issues are major. and Triss aside what the game have is a solid story and great quest design coupled with large and interesting locations, fighting system which is challenging and requires you to think and have constant control the battlefield.

And of course I have huge addition as well, like online Gwent and of very course more Triss content, Ciri end game stuff (with witcher or playing as her), and more impact to previous game decisions.

But fine, "perfect" is too heavy of a word, I'll change it to "very very good"

Last edited:
Just finished the game with over 100h clocked.

I must say the Triss romance is the most dissapointing thing is this game for me. Apart from that the best RPG i've played in years!

1) Without a choice in the matter you always break up with her after the witcher 2 takes place and before Witcher 3
2) While some of the romance scenes are good, it does simply not feel like the 'intended' romance for this game, more an afterthought. In many parts of the game i asked myself, am i actually still with triss, did i do something wrong? as there are next to no signs that youre together. (dialogue, body language or reactions to yennefer)
3) I personally found her romance 'checklist' (missions and dialogue required to get her to stay with you) a mess, choices were often unatural and easy to miss. in comparison yen is embedded in the main quests and has a romance path that makes sense.

Did any of you play the Yen romance for comparison? I personally didn't, but what I did play felt more fleshed out and integrated into the story. As said before, outside the the whole romance thing, Yen also has far more interactions with Ciri and Geralt. I wonder if the discrepancy gets even bigger if you play the Yen romance and if Triss plays any part in that.

I shall have to try the Yen route in my next play-through - with which I'll probably wait until they release some substantial extra content (dlc/expansion). Than again, if they release Triss specific content I'll have to romance her again - nothing I can do about it :p.

@OriginalBars Welcome to the club ;).

I would like to add @Richiesname comment on Yen, from the thread: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/40021-Triss-or-Yen?p=1696762&viewfull=1#post1696762

Just a fan's opinion, but I feel like they sort of re-wrote the Yennefer character to make us like her better. Sapkowski's Yennefer was very, very close to absolutely unlikable and had few redeeming qualities. I constantly wondered why on Earth Geralt liked her so much. Triss, on the other hand, was always sweet, good hearted, the opposite of Yen in many ways. When playing Witcher 1 and 2, I took this into account while romancing Triss. Then I meet Yen in Wild Hunt and I'm like "Are you sure that's her?"

Just a further evidence for the game trying to push Yen romance unto us :/

When I met Triss she seen to be upset with Geralt or something, first thought i think what i have done, or i have missed something from tw2, but no, just tw3 problem.

What's the point of the "you had Triss for the last 2 games so having less in this one is balanced" thing??? You're supposed to choose between her and Yennefer in THIS game, not in the previous ones. I feel like Triss romance is more like a sweetener for Triss' fans but the level of interaction for the two girls is not equal, which is sad beacause the game makes you feel like Triss is the "wrong choice"
Good post while I haven't gotten to the triss point yet from what I know I don't us Triss fans got shafted. Yen is his true love and it makes sense to have more with her. I don't feel they are making Triss the wrong choice.

Just finished the game with over 100h clocked.

I must say the Triss romance is the most dissapointing thing is this game for me. Apart from that the best RPG i've played in years!

1) Without a choice in the matter you always break up with her after the witcher 2 takes place and before Witcher 3
2) While some of the romance scenes are good, it does simply not feel like the 'intended' romance for this game, more an afterthought. In many parts of the game i asked myself, am i actually still with triss, did i do something wrong? as there are next to no signs that youre together. (dialogue, body language or reactions to yennefer)
3) I personally found her romance 'checklist' (missions and dialogue required to get her to stay with you) a mess, choices were often unatural and easy to miss. in comparison yen is embedded in the main quests and has a romance path that makes sense.

Welcome to the ever growing club. I am sure we will have many more members as time goes on and more people finish the game.

---------- Updated at 04:55 AM ----------

Good post while I haven't gotten to the triss point yet from what I know I don't us Triss fans got shafted. Yen is his true love and it makes sense to have more with her. I don't feel they are making Triss the wrong choice.

He is her true love in the books yes, but unless we can just forget/write off everything the Reds wrote/made in previous games and this one included in a big way. Triss is very much Geralts love to me. We will be able to have a more in-depth conversation about Reds writing and why it is significant if you like once you finish the game as I will not spoil things for you.

About Triss choice... She deserved a whole lot better and you will see what we mean trust me.

Last edited:
I have played The Witcher 2 and romanced Triss in the second game. When I compare the Romance scenes of Triss in TW2 and TW3
all I see is a Glimpse of Triss
trust me just a glimpse of her naked body for may be 2 seconds. Rest of it was just a crate and a ship somewhere.
after the famed Elven Bath scene, why did REDs have to aim so low ? Seriously dissapointed
and hurt the disappointment even more there is just a single scene for Triss. All the trouble of the TW3 game and see triss naked for 5 seconds?

See it for yourself if you want

PLEASE FIX This through DLC or a patch that replaces her romance scene for a scene lengthy enough to atleast see her naked properly, otherwise what's the point of having the Sex scene ? or Introduce another proper scene in a proper setting if player chooses Triss as his love interest at the end of TW3.

Also why do we have only
a number that I count on one hand? options for romance other than brothel whores, where are the other creatures like Succubus, Mermaids, Vampires etc. This game is worse than TW1 in the matter of romance options. For a Huge Massive world where are the options for romance here ? the number is very very low given the scale of world. No Diversity, no variety in sex scnes.

Its like only smell the delicious food but don't eat it. I cannot rely on mods as I bought my game from REDs. So please don't suggest that.

- From a Disappointed Fan who purchased a Collectors Edition to celebrate this game on PS4.

1+ to this post
i comletly agree with you man and made triss so bad on the look now, i mean its not that hardi have done it in my modding life so many times and eys to make the body model difrent could take work and talent ofc. but was expected in such awesome game huge disapointement is also the lack of interaction romances and the lack of scenes + plus all the OP said

Last edited:
I don't understand why. I mean, why let us get things going with Triss over two full games, then take it away?

Could be that they didn't have enough resources to get everything they wanted, see the Sword Of Destiny trailer where there's a sex scene which doesn't appear in game, maybe they planned to give Triss an equal attention and make other character comment about the relationship but couldn't because of time/money.

Could be they just decided we had enough of Triss in the past 2 games and we would be content we 5 seconds sex scene and having her for 3 quests, which to be fair I'm excluding the last quest (forgot it's name - the one they all go on a boat to skellige), where she's on the boat, silent - probably thinking about Kovir and when you try to talk you'll get her trusty "Well?".

Maybe I'm off the mark on both speculations, matter of fact is, this is probably all the Triss-Geralt realtionship (both interaction between themselves and others commentary) we are going to get.

Sure, but he wasn't aware of her importance in his life compared to now. At the end he even mistook Triss for his former sorceress lover, so Yennefer as we know her from the books didn't exist for him, even though not literal of course.

triss model and characters look and sexyness in 2 was better then than yen and no custom body model for yen short scens no interaction no repetable huge letdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom