Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
you mean be able to kill aynone?

That should be the case. And if the player decides to kill someone (or multiple people) that are "essential" to the storyline, the game should have the balls to let it happen and punish for it appropriately.

On the other hand, the story should be finishable without meddling with the worlds affairs (eg. like Mike said, Cyberpunk is about saving yourself). So there should be some sort of "loner" route that doesn't pick sides or do favors, but does his own investigation and goes by that (to a probably not as comprehensive and varied, but still valid and unique conclusion for the story).

That should be the case. And if the player decides to kill someone (or multiple people) that are "essential" to the storyline, the game should have the balls to let it happen and punish for it appropriately.

IF they lose character reputation and get hunted down like the rabid dogs they are by overwhelming force, sure, let players be able to kill anyone anywhere.
But this almost never happens. You can go on a murder spree that would fill Charles Manson with glee with almost zero repercussions in most games, and if that's the case then I'd vote VERY strongly no.

Last edited:
Meh.

I have a confession to make for I have sinned.

I have killed anonymous pixels yesterday on my computer. They did not deserve it and I did it... because I wanted to have fun.

And then...

AND THEN

****GASP!**** Heaven forbid! The perpetrator walks away free!

Where is the golden road to a happy ending, so cherished by incompetent and dishonest writers?

In any case, there should definitely be ways to get away with mass murder. Not obvious ones, but clever ones.

Like for example forming a death squad.

Or why not. Go big or go broke. Do the Carlos the Jackal thing. Use the media. Get the people behind your cause. Use corrupt and decadent western culture against its own institutions.

Last edited:
I heard that The Witcher 3 has something like 30 differents endings or something like this, so I'm not too much affraid of "killing an important NPC", it's just make you take a left turn instead of a right turn and the following events will happens becauses of it, or something like this.

IF they lose character reputation and get hunted down like the rabid dogs they are by overwhelming force, sure, let players be able to kill anyone anywhere.
But this almost never happens. You can go on a murder spree that would fill Charles Manson with glee with almost zero repercussions in most games, and it that's the case then I'd vote VERY strongly no.

Well, yeah. That too. If you make enemies, be that the law or some other group, prepare for trouble from them. The gameworld should be persistent in its response to the players actions. How one can (or can't) cope with that is his own business - but trivial it should not be. GTA (since that comparison has been up) is known for how cheap and carefree life and repercussions are, that shouldn't be the way to go wit CP.

What I meant more specifically, was that if you kill an important (in which ever way) NPC, his possible questline, mainstory related or not, will be gone.

Last edited:
Would be cool if there was a penalty if you can attack anyone, anything. Like. If your caught by the police you could be reprogrammed to uphold the law. XD. Then eventually this reprogramming would start to fray and you could chose to continue protecting and serving or revert to your old ways with new tactics and abilities!

---------- Updated at 08:11 PM ----------

Also. If this is a Mature game, how about full nudity? Just a thought.

---------- Updated at 08:12 PM ----------

the ability to lose limbs and replace them with mechanical prosthetic. Some sleek. Some, not so sleek.

---------- Updated at 08:14 PM ----------

A large collection of Character creation looks and styles. No ugly faces (unless they are intentional) and LOTS of hair styles. What would hair styles look like in this universe for all different cultural or sub cultural styles? How many varieties would their be?

Using sound as one of the elements that communicates cyberpsychosis to the player. Increasing levels of weird distortions and changes in sound, voices around you going scary and alien, unspoken phrases injected among what was really said, paranoid imaginations injected into sounds, heartbeats increasing in volume, hearing people around you speaking of you with increasing aggression or contempt, sounds going disgusting, wet, squishy. Gotta make those meatbags stop making their hateful wet noises, you know? :)

---------- Updated at 07:13 AM ----------

A dream RPG should have one unifying vision and not be created by committee. Do the homework properly and let the vision inform everything in the game. Limitations are key. Lack and limitation nourish creativity. When the committee says "games featuring hedgehogs are selling very well now, we should include a hedgehog in the game", its time to shoot the committee. And that is just a dramatic turn of phrase, y'all. :)

---------- Updated at 07:23 AM ----------

Netrunning should be part of a dream RPG. It used to be said that netrunning had a bad mechanic in the 2020 rules. I always assigned my player group different roles in the run itself, letting one runner be the leader and letting the others play programs, AIs, enemy programs, enemy AIs, and so on. The whole group took part in the run and nobody felt outside. When playing a combat game one player can fly the helicopter while other players man the cannons, comm systems, and so on. Anyone who has a tag for the run can enter and exit during the length of the run. So the netrunner can hand out those tags to his friends who will participate. Having your friends add their "net.strength" to your run could be a fun mechanic. Thinking "summer wars" assemblies of players here. Players could get signaled that a run is in progress and be asked to participate on some side of it, attacking or defending. This could extend the game into the real world with an app on mobile devices that signals you to "jack into the matrix" to participate, and lend your strength, points, whatever, to the netrunner. The progress of the netrun could be shown in the GUI for players in the same group. Some players could be doing "physical" things in game, such as storming the enemy data centre with their assault rifles or their stealth devices, while tracking the netrun progress in their HUD. Additional challenge of synchonizing the netrun progress with the "physical" progress of the meatrun PCs.

---------- Updated at 08:01 AM ----------

Drones. Having them overhead, passing by. The Man watching you via drones. Flying/controlling drones yourself. Tiny ones climbing into hard to reach places to give you eyeballs on it. Hovering ones giving you the ability to see/listen/drop small parcels into locations. Call in a dronestrike in really extreme situations.

---------- Updated at 08:08 AM ----------

Surveillance. Cameras, microphones, recording/transmitting devices of every kind. Watching you, listening to you, taking your temperature, judging you. Ability to hack, subvert, deflect, and fool these devices. Failing means being sought out manually by The Man. :)

---------- Updated at 08:30 AM ----------

Player selection of different visualizations of cyberspace. Open this part of the game up to the modding community and give them a set of commands to work with, and watch the fireworks fly. Put in an easter egg of making cyberspace look like Witcher 3, netrunner riding a horse between villages and blowing away doors with the Aard sign to "hack" servers. :p Okay, I'm kidding, but the part about letting the modders create "skins" for the game-internal cyberspace was serious.

Nobody mentioned this in last few pages - need player housing, somewhere to drop my stuff off, relax from game world for a sec, and have to use as a solid connection to the game world (having a home in the game world connects me to the game world more).

This housing could be upgradeable as we gain more influence in the game world (can afford a better place to live). Housing also needs to be customisable.

Lay yourself down to rest in a cybercoffin and run your replacement body/drone through the interface. Countermeasures that hack/hijack the replacement body from your control. This could be an extension of the drone running functionality seen above.

---------- Updated at 08:37 AM ----------

Second your post about player owned housing. And on that note, procedurally created buildings anyone? Being able to enter a very large building and actually move your PC into every single apartment in it. Every door openable.

---------- Updated at 08:47 AM ----------

Creating websites off-game that can be accessed from links in-game, like buying the miltech.com domain and making it look like an actual military arms website. Having those sites used in marketing for the game, but also used in storyline in the game.

---------- Updated at 08:48 AM ----------

Umbrellas with neon-tube sticks. Raincoats with internal lighting.

---------- Updated at 08:51 AM ----------

Virtual idols drawing crowds and competing with the rockerboys for the same audiences. Corporate media idols are obviously virtual dummies, since they can be 100% controlled and will never die from drug overdose. Having songs and other expressions of art come out of those virtual outlets in response to PC actions or inactions.

---------- Updated at 09:25 AM ----------

Some people have written about cyberspace and the new jerusalem in various websites. This kind of mysticism can be useful as inspirational material. Netrunners and hackers would definitely develop mystics, prophets and visionaries once they have access to the shared subconscious of the fully visualized cyberspace. However, unlike in meatspace, in cyberspace the Seraphim can cut off the tongue that prays.

---------- Updated at 09:38 AM ----------

As the PC rises to power it would be nice to be able to invest some of my resources in making parts of the city better. In effect investing in medical aid, rebuilding efforts, job programs, and other things. OR to choose to invest in other activities to make the PC even richer, exploit others, and step on the downtrodden.

---------- Updated at 11:36 AM ----------

Possible to go into orbit and visit space stations.

Also - very important for PC players - make the game controls specifically for PCs, and not make it feel like a console port designed to run only on a console.

As the PC rises to power it would be nice to be able to invest some of my resources in making parts of the city better. In effect investing in medical aid, rebuilding efforts, job programs, and other things. OR to choose to invest in other activities to make the PC even richer, exploit others, and step on the downtrodden.

i am a cyberpunk not a mayor........this sounds more like Sim City

Add a dose of OCP to it. Yes, not too thrilled about making the game a Sim City, but I'm all for being able to somehow alter the city permanently with our actions, be it blow things to pieces or do what corporates do.

right, good point with the corporate, i kind of forgot aout the corp role.........probably because i never played as a corporate.......but yeah it could fit into this role. I am still curious if and how CD will implement this role....

right, good point with the corporate, i kind of forgot aout the corp role.........probably because i never played as a corporate.......but yeah it could fit into this role. I am still curious if and how CD will implement this role....

Personally I think my first character in the game will indeed be a corporate because I find the role extremely interesting. Since the story will be non-linear, there will be plenty of possibilities to implement aspects of story that can apply to every one of the roles. We all agree when I say that there will be a certain path the story will follow, regardless of which class the player choses. It will be non-linear, it will be low life, but it will exist. Maybe there will be some kind of superordinate low-level conspiracy that gets the game going, but ultimately focuses on the character, not necessarily on the world - as Mike Pondsmith said, it's "not about saving the world (Night City/California/...), but about saving yourself."

What I'm trying to say I can very well imagine a beginning of the game where the character used to be somebody, but now suddenly is a nobody. The reason can be of numerous origin: dementia, treason, an accident, a crime the character didn't actually commit, et cetera. Just because the story will be low-life, that doesn't mean that roles are fixed - a Nomad will be able to do more than just fight in the Combat Zone, a Rockerboy won't play guitar all the time (if at all), and a Corporate will do more than just spending money. After all, the classes just depict your stats - but not your entire course of life.

A Corporate who used to be rich and have a good life in the upper class can end up in the gutter like everybody else. And that's what I find extremely interesting about this role. In the final game, all the other classes might be able to become rich and influencial within that world, but only the Corporates will actually have an immediate connection to that whole upper-class system that is so different from the usual concepts of the Cyberpunk genre (Darkness, dirt, rain, pessimism, crime and violence, hopelessness, the "autumn of mankind" ).

My dream is to play Cyberpunk 2077 in virtual reality. In this virtual reality I'd play a character that lives on the borderlands between what is real and what is virtual and cybernetic. In this game I'd put a VR goggles or connect directly to the Net.. and at the end of the day, just after turning the PC off I'd be unable to tell if the world I am right now is real of it is virtual, cybernetic. That's the ultimate RPG for me. Vive, Oculus, Morpheus, whatever. Please, make it happen, because you are the guys who actually make games I've always dreamed about. Cheers.

All I ask is to not make the game too simple and bring back RPG stats that matter and allow you to fight and complete missions in different ways.
Example:
-Play as ranged with a different story / gear as you would if you played as close combat, etc...
-Be able to finish a mission using 1 skill or finish it using another skill with different results.
If I play the same class, same character through twice, it doesn't feel like a new game, that's why people can play 12 different characters in a MMO because they are utilized differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom