signs not working

+
signs not working

I've encountered the problem that the signs won't work, no matter where I use them. It just keep coming up with the message 'you cannot do that now' where ever I am. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue? It makes the game a hell of a lot more difficult when you can't use magic, also when it's need to progress in the Redania's Most Wanted side quest.

I too have encountered this. Saving and reloading hasn't worked, nor has resetting the console. Going to try an older save and probably just restart on Death March.

I too have encountered this. Saving and reloading hasn't worked, nor has resetting the console. Going to try an older save and probably just restart on Death March.
had this happen to be at level 16 after i completed a level 23 quest. now i cant cast signs anywhere and im beyond furious. like FPS issues aside a freaking gameplay like that really?

I have the same issue where signs just do not work. I bought the game at EB games. I've skipped tutorials to play but I cannot complete quests now because I cannot cast any sign. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times. :(

1. I have yet to use signs in the game. I had to skip the basic training tutorial in order to play. I do not get error messages when i try the sign it acts like im not pressing R2. i tested the controller on other games and works properly.
2. Ps4, i posted earlier in the wrong forum.
3. It is constant, I have never been able to use any sign that requires me to press R2

Last edited:
I found a fix to this problem very simple without having to reload a save.

Throw a dimeritium bomb and run through it. try spamming one of your spells while doing it until you are clear of the bomb.

Now this is why i believe this glitch is happening. The most likely answer is because it happens after fighting a elemental and having to use the bomb against it. The bomb also cancels out the witchers signs if he's in the bombs area of affect, the game might forget sometimes that the bomb has dispelled.

Hopes this helps.

Top Bottom