Point of No Return Question.

+
Point of No Return Question.

Having recently reached an interesting part in the main quest.

Kaer Morhen

It got me curious as to whether there is a clear point of no return regarding the storyline. The only reason I ask is because I reached this area at level 20 and I hear most if not all finish the game at 30+? Is there much left to main story?

I realize I haven't nearly done everything. I'm just currently more interested in the story line at the moment then anything else.

Long story short I'd like to know if there's a point mentioned in some way that tells me I can't go back if I progress further?

The game will tell you when you have reached 'the point of no return'. Not that that point actually is a point of no return, but it does cut off a few quests that feed into the main story. So it's probably wise to make as save at that point.
From that point onward, you also have to make some choices which impact the ending.

But again, the game will prompt you to make a save, so don't worry about it until you reach said point.

The game will tell you when you have reached 'the point of no return'. Not that that point actually is a point of no return, but it does cut off a few quests that feed into the main story. So it's probably wise to make as save at that point.
From that point onward, you also have to make some choices which impact the ending.

But again, the game will prompt you to make a save, so don't worry about it until you reach said point.

Awesome thanks so much for responding as fast as you did. I'm also just curious after the Ugly Baby quest is there actually a few more main missions before the actual end? Does it really matter what level you go into the final battle? Besides not wanting to miss quests?

I'm also just curious after the Ugly Baby quest is there actually a few more main missions before the actual end?
Yes, there are quite a few more quests to go after that.

As for the final battle[very minor spoiler]:
I found it pretty easy. Besides, I'm pretty sure you'll be close enough to the required level by just doing main quests.

Yes, there are quite a few more quests to go after that.

As for the final battle[very minor spoiler]:
I found it pretty easy. Besides, I'm pretty sure you'll be close enough to the required level by just doing main quests.

It was what came after it that was hard

It has to be mentioned that the Point of no Return is not actually that. What it only does it making sure you are willing to proceed, since a few quest automatically fail at that point. Also, it serves as a warning that in the next hour you will not be able to return to the main map. This is also the case at the very end of the game - some quests that did not fail at the Point of no Return will fail then. That is the true Point of no Return, since it goes all the way till the end of the game, and plenty of characters are not available afterwards.

It has to be mentioned that the Point of no Return is not actually that. What it only does it making sure you are willing to proceed, since a few quest automatically fail at that point. Also, it serves as a warning that in the next hour you will not be able to return to the main map. This is also the case at the very end of the game - some quests that did not fail at the Point of no Return will fail then. That is the true Point of no Return, since it goes all the way till the end of the game, and plenty of characters are not available afterwards.

But I heard the max level for the game was 60, how are you gonna reach that if you cannot return to the main map? Or is it only for that 1 hour you said, and when the game ends you can go back and do the quests that didnt fail and keep on lvling and exploring etc?

But I heard the max level for the game was 60, how are you gonna reach that if you cannot return to the main map? Or is it only for that 1 hour you said, and when the game ends you can go back and do the quests that didnt fail and keep on lvling and exploring etc?
There's no way you'll be able to get anywhere near level 60; I did maybe 95% of the content (I got bored with monster nests and treasure hunts, but I did every sidequest and contract) and still never got to use my Level 42 sword. If there is a level cap it's going to need some DLC to hit it!

As for after-the-endgame, any sidequests not tied to the main plot or any of the central characters is still available, and the "Point of no return" just kills all plot-related sidequests but once it's over you can go back to the rest of the map.

The max level isn't 60. Maybe lvl 60 is the softcap (the amount of xp you can gain from quests basically). But you can actually go higher.

'the point of no return' isn't, as said above, a real point of no return. You can get back to the main map after that. It's just a cut-off point where some quests that feed into the main story should be wrapped up. If you don't wrap up said quests, you won't be able to do them later.
From that point onward you also get to make some decisions that affect an important part of the ending.

Top Bottom